Tap...Tap...Tap

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

El Simso
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Tap...Tap...Tap

Post by El Simso » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:41 pm

Hmmm is this thing on?

long time no see people, hope its all going well,

El Simso
;)

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:38 pm

Hey, how's it goin? I haven't seen you for quite a while. Hope you're doing well. Seeya around.

DK

Jake
Recruit

Re: Tap...Tap...Tap

Post by Jake » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:10 am

[quote="El Simso"]Hmmm is this thing on?

El Simso

Thanks for askin´, El Simso. Everything´s going well for me and I hope it´s going well for others too. I am a new member here so I haven´t had yet so much chance to be here as if I would have been here longer. Also I haven´t had so much to say yet. All the best to you, El Simso and to others round here.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Re: Tap...Tap...Tap

Post by sarfraz » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:51 am

El Simso wrote:Hmmm is this thing on?

El Simso
;)
Where have you been? its been a while since your last posting.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:23 am

Image oh wow, a blast from the past! I hope this is more than just a drop by! Good to see that you're still well!

El Simso
Stranger

Post by El Simso » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:01 pm

Hey neps,

still fighting fit, but I've been through a lot. It should be a little more than a drop by and was just wondering if anyone from the bad/good ol' days can fill in any info on what happened for me. Like is KITT still about, jup, Mike Pajaro, Richie etc etc, what's happened to anyone and everyone?

its weird to be back!

El Simso

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:27 am

:shock: *tackles el simso then slaps him silly*
where have you been? not too long ago i was talking with neil and we were just talking about the good old days with old people like you and dev. neil even found the old board with working messages at the web archives.

*huggles tightly* goodness, i am so flattered that you remembered me. i feel loved. you better be stayin around now, ya hear?

KITT :D
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Janeway
Recruit

Post by Janeway » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:00 am

El Simso!!!!!!!!

Damn, I haven't seen you since...well..the days of the old board! Welcome back my fellow Brit, welcome back.

Janeway

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:09 pm

Everyone that you mentioned is thankfully still around! As KITT mentioned we were checking out old messages from you awhile ago remembering Dev in California. Glad to see that you were the one of the two to pop back. :)

I don't remember the exact point where you departed, but was it before the switch to the domain name?

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:28 pm

Oh well though I'd sign in and come out from the wood work and say hello me old chum. It's been what 3 years??

I hardly ever post here now, got an e-mail address that works matey??

Behemoth

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:29 pm

hey el simso, i dunno if you and knightimmortal ever knew each other, but she has a board too with some peoples that may not be here anymore, and may only be there.. its at krfoundation.com and click on message board. well, i'm glad you are back, and i hope you stay for a long time. just curious.. why did you decide to come back all of a sudden? i think i sent you an email awhile ago.. i dont know if that had anything to do with it..

tootles,
KITT
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

El Simso
Stranger

Post by El Simso » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:44 pm

Neil ,

I was still around after the switch to the domain name, I bailed out about 2 years ago now, I dunno why I just kinda lost my drive and then because I didn't access the account I lost my website and domain name and so it all got a little too much. Then I was at University trying to get a degree and now I'm coming to the end of that so I thought I'd pop back and see what people were up to.

I can't believe that everyone is still around its been like five years since I first came online to the old Hedgehog board, man, it seems like forever ago. Strange that. I am glad that the ol' crew of KITT and jup and you are still about it makes it seem like home after you've been at Uni!

I still remember DEV in California nad ARCY IV and MONSTER MYCL, those guys were strange, but hey, there we go. I wonder what they're up to now?

Behemoth, it's been about 2 years, but its seems a lot longer. My e-mail is still el_simso@yahoo.com and I got you message, I'm doing fine and its all going well. Hope things are ok with you down in your neck of the woods

KITT, I don't think I ever had the pleasure of talking with KI, but suffice to say I saw the way that she split opinion on the board especially on the moderator issue. Who posts on her board that does not post here? The reason why I came back? Hmmmm, difficult, I don't know, I guess my fingers just took me here and instead of just checking up on everyone I decided that enough was enough and I would see if anyone was about and still remembered me. I can't really remember getting an e-mail from you, or can I? Something is ringing a bell in my mind, but to be honest I can't remember. Hope your still ok and life is treating you right.

I'll be around for the next couple of months but then I don't know what, I've got a trip to the states lined up because of a job which will take me out there, but hopefully I still have some access.

I'll enjoy being around you guys again, damn Knight Rider is still too cool for school

El Simso

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:30 pm

Welcome back!! Odd, i was just thinking of you a litle while ago, wondering what you were upto.

Wow, the old days of the board-what a riot they were. Anyone have the Dev in California webpaper he published for a while. Or if Neil could point in the direction of the archive, that'd be great.

Thanks,
Nick

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:44 pm

I'll have to remember where the board was that was functioning. Cause right now I can just find directories with the message files, but not an easy html page.

But I did find a DEV Chronicle, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/6505

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:03 am

Listening to you guys talk about way back when really does make one get a bit reminiscent. The first KR site I ever remember seeing was Big Jim's tribute, but the second was none other than El Simso's Wonder Knight Rider site. Those were the times...

Having been starved of all things Knight Rider at the time, I was like a kid in a candy store when I came upon those first sites, and especially the board. Doesn't seem like it was 4 years ago in a way, but then, I feel like I've known a lot of you all my life.

Amazing....

DK

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:18 am

wow! a dev chronicle. i always looked forward to those.. dev was such a funny guy..

and speaking of first sites, i believe the first knight rider site i found was big jim's also.. amazing it's still there.

KITT

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:50 am

Yes it is. You know, I always wondered who exactly Big Jim was, and if he has made any contact with the KRO community.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:00 pm

and if his name really is big jim..

KITT

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:21 pm

I remember coming across Big Jim's site once, the beauty of Tripod type sites, they have so many they don't delete the inactive ones. Funny, he has a copy of an image of mine that I have long since lost, good to grab it back. :)

When I first started I don't think there was any site in existance, athough I do remember Ajay Shah's being around nearly as long.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:26 pm

Oh yeah....I remember Ajay Shah's too.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:26 am

me three.. ajay shah's site sounds familiar.

KITT

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:50 am

Thanks for the link Neil. I havn't seen one of Dev's papers in a few years. As I recall, I had most of his papers stored on my hard drive but sadly lost them in a HD crash a while ago. How many members did we have back then compared to now.

Nick

P.S. Anyone throw some porcupiines around lately? :D