OFFICIAL NEWS FROM HASSELHOFF!!!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

OFFICIAL NEWS FROM HASSELHOFF!!!

Post by KFCreator » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:39 am

Well, after a long time of not hearing from David by phone (I think the last time I actually spoke with him on the phone was about a year and a half ago at least), I FINALLY got to speak to David in-depth today for a bit. I tried calling his home phone for the past several days only to either get his answering machine or secretary/attendant at the house. Out of sheer curiosity I called him again last night around 10:00 P.M. EST and in the middle of the answerng machine message he picked up and said hi and asked how I was but said he was in the middle of watching a game on TV and asked where I was and if he could call me back and I said sure. Well, the whle rest of the night passed without hearing back from him but figured I'd probably hear from him at some point today. Sure enough, about 6:30 this evening just as I had just gotten into the shower, my mom knocks excitedly on the bathroom door to tell me to grab a towel and get out of the shower because David's on the phone. Faster than lightning, I jumped out of the shower and grabbed the phone, at which point his secretary Heather connected me to his cell phone and David and I got to talk at length. David was talking to me on his cell phone from a nail salon that he and his daughters were with Pamela at so reception was not the greatest. Here's the low-down on what he said. First and foremost of interest, I asked him how the Knight Rider projects were going and he told me that they're still trying to pen the script and that there has been some arguments over which direction to take things. Larson did apparently pen the first initial draft of the script at David's request but Revolution Studios wanted to change it and make it more "Fast and the Furious" style and to make David's acting part in it next to nothing and David didn't like that so he told the studio to give him back the script and if they didn't like it, David would take it somewhere else. After some meetings, Revolution came back to david and told him that they REALLY want to do the film and so they're back at negotiating the script again. I was extremely happy to hear that it sounds like David wants a significant acting role in the film and that he wants it to be true to the original series, not a hyped-up redone Hollywood crap makeover that would resemble little to the original show. Anyway, that's all I found out about the current status of the Knight Rider movie. In other news, David is back in the recording studio making another German CD that he said would have "American film songs on it" such as "New York New York." He's also going to be visiting family in Baltimore, Maryland in about 2 weeks (since that's where he's from). Healthwise, David himself is doing pretty well although he said Pamela is now wearing a "boot" for her leg and ankle and has at least one metal plate and 14 metal screws so he said that even though it's been about 4 months since the accident, the doctors think Pamela still has another 3 to 4 months of therapy and rehab left before she'll be up and walking around again. His daughters are also doing well, and Taylor-Ann was the one who just celebrated her 13th birthday. Aside from the other chit-chat about how me and my family are doing, there really wasn't much else worth reporting. But, it's still a great deal of news and at least informs of us how his life is going and how the Knight Rider movie is progressing. I'll keep you all posted when I hear from David again!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:51 am

Awwwww.....didn't you ask about what KITT was gonna be like? :kitt2: :dash4:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:22 am

Dude! You're soooo lucky! :lol:

Anyway Icould get his cell phone number frm you? *nudgenudge* :wink: :P

Yeah, did you ask about Kitt?! :o :D

:karr: :kittconv: :kitt2:

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:27 am

:shock: damn!! you oughtta be pretty damned lucky to be able to talk to david himself! :shock:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:49 am

OMG!!! You talk to David!! Your pals with him!!

ARRRHHHHHHHH!!!!

:))
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:21 am

:shock: You have David's Cell phone #?????? How in the world did you get that???????

Still it is good to hear that he's keeping things going, at least he's using his clout to keep the movie on track. :)

Man, I wish I had connections like that. How in the world do you know him?? It sounds like you guys are really pals to have him call you back! That is like sooooo coool!

:kitt:

:dash4:

~Beth C

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:35 am

Very cool KFCreator!

If I remember correctly, David helped him with some fund rasing in the past. (there was a message on the board here at one point, but I don't see it any longer)

And if you guys read the message a bit closer, you'll see that David's secretary connected him to his cel phone so he doesn't have that number. Just pointing this out to try and curb people emailing him for the number. :)

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:30 am

Besides, I don't David would appreciate fans hassling him all the time.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:14 am

omg!!! *drops jaw* you are like sooo lucky that you get to call him and he will call you back...i wish i was that lucky but sadly i am not :(

~carlyn

:dash: :dash4: :kitt2: :karr: :kitt: :kittside:

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:39 am

Oh yeah, I did tell David about our web board here and how everyone here was so supportive of him when his accident happened and how we all are excited and eager to find out the latest about the Knight Rider movie and how his life is going and he said he appreciated that. :-) And yeah, I don't have David's cell number. Neil was right, his secretary connected me to him yesterday. Also, for anyone wanting to see how I have that connection with David, go over to http://www.dhasselhoff.net and you can find pictures and the story there. As far as asking him about KITT and what car they'd use, I assume it'd have to be the designs I sent to him a while back. ;-) Just kidding. Actually, in all seriousness, if the script hasn't even been completed and approved by the studio yet, then it's next to impossible to expect that they'd have any idea of who they're going to be casting in the movie besides maybe David, let alone any idea of what kind of car KITT is going to show up as. But like I said, when I talk to David again in the future, I'll be sure to ask!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:05 pm

Not to be a stickler here but is it nessecary to put all these little pictures in our posts? One here and there is neat but man, half a dozen in every post. Makes the board look tacky! I think so anyways....
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:52 pm

I have some more info about David's new CD... I heard from a "very reliable source" that there will be a new Knight Rider theme on the CD. So all you German members, we're counting on you to pick up a copy!

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:57 pm

????????? Can you give us somemore info Mike? On just how this person or people found out this information?

K.I.T.T

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:53 am

Last time I spoke with Glen KFCreator a few days back he had said that he was working as a consultant to the new Battlestar Galactica project, so I think at worst he had some minor input into the new movie. He is still tight lipped about the script he wrote, but its good to see that Revolution is willing to go forward with the KR idea.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:39 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:????????? Can you give us somemore info Mike? On just how this person or people found out this information?
Can't tell you any more than that. I believe it to be absolutely true, but you can just consider it to be an internet rumor if you like.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:13 pm

ok...any time line on it at all? as in a year or so

K.I.T.T

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:48 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I have some more info about David's new CD... I heard from a "very reliable source" that there will be a new Knight Rider theme on the CD. So all you German members, we're counting on you to pick up a copy!

Mike

Hey thats for sure.. if there is a new CD I will pick it up.. and for everyone who needs a copy too :)

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:32 am

now thats what i like to hear!!! tah Sandra!! add me on that list.

K.I.T.T

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:50 pm

wow, it feels nice to have someone else plug your site cause of something on it.. never had that happen to me before. i feel so loved.

you love me! you really love me! :lol:

in all seriousness.. thanks for the news, adam. can't wait to hear more. :)

*hugs*

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;