KITT vs Christine and/or The Car ?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

paul e l
Recruit

KITT vs Christine and/or The Car ?

Post by paul e l » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:55 pm

just a thought that popped in my head.
weird...i know.
(also realizing someone else may have already had this idea)

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: KITT vs Christine and/or The Car ?

Post by jup » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:32 pm

My combat engine said that KITT wins this one in the usual outcome...three hits.

---

Kitt starts to charge forward, but Christine still gets in the first hit. Kitt barely takes a scratch.

Before Christine has a chance to turn around, Kitt has already done a 180 degree turn and turbo's Christine on her side for a 50+ point impact.

KITT comes about in lighting time to smash right through Christine for a 90+ point impact.

As Christine flies apart into a billion pieces, KITT drives away with another easy victory.

---

This was transcribed from memory, as I ran that combat sim well over a year ago. (Probably more like two.)

Darendor
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Darendor » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:13 pm

jup wrote:My combat engine said that KITT wins this one in the usual outcome...three hits.

---

Kitt starts to charge forward, but Christine still gets in the first hit. Kitt barely takes a scratch.

Before Christine has a chance to turn around, Kitt has already done a 180 degree turn and turbo's Christine on her side for a 50+ point impact.

KITT comes about in lighting time to smash right through Christine for a 90+ point impact.

As Christine flies apart into a billion pieces, KITT drives away with another easy victory.

---

This was transcribed from memory, as I ran that combat sim well over a year ago. (Probably more like two.)
How about KITT vs. Earthworm Jim?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:47 pm

It's tough to defeat cars which are self-regenerating with demonic possession. But considering that Christine and The Car were pretty much only as strong and fast as the actual cars they possessed, I don't think KITT would have to much trouble taking care of them.

His biggest problem would trying to understand exactly what was going on. Demons do not compute.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:03 pm

If kitt can destroy something such as KARR, then I am sure he can take care of Christine.

All kitt has to do is use his microwave jammer to stop christine and then proceed to plow into it.

unless kitt can use his laser to stop it but that's too easy.

So I agree with everyone here.

Remember that car out of Cannonball run 2? The one that the guy who plays jaws out of Bond, drives?

that had a built in computer and would think that'd be more of a challenge but the catch is, it isn't crash proof and you need someone to drive it.

but it did have a computer as i said, so maybe it could drive itself and we weren't shown that. it was black too.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:39 pm

How about KITT vs. Earthworm Jim?
I'll have to put that on my list of battles to try...once I actually get another on-line computer set up. (See, my former machine has been slowly dying for months now, which affects both on-line activities, any web site work, running sims, running IRC games, working on that VB KR game and on and on and on... Right now, it won't even start up.)

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:17 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:It's tough to defeat cars which are self-regenerating with demonic possession. But considering that Christine and The Car were pretty much only as strong and fast as the actual cars they possessed, I don't think KITT would have to much trouble taking care of them.

His biggest problem would trying to understand exactly what was going on. Demons do not compute.
It was the owner's ghost driving Christine in King's book. Which doesn't help Kitt much, true, just thought I'd mention it.

Wouldn't Christine's regenerative powers and the Car's Kitt-like self-protection work more in their favour? The Car, movie-wise, wasn't really any sort of car, so it's hard to say how 'strong' or 'fast' it should be.

The Car is probably more of a match than Christine. It took a cliff to bury the Car, in a very KARR-like destruction scene, whereas I think Christine only gave in when her ghosts did. She was still dragging hubcaps and engine parts around, trying to fix herself, when she was smashed to pieces.
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

cxTurbo
Volunteer

Post by cxTurbo » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:45 pm

Was the book that much different?

In the movie, Christine was "bad to the bone" right *ON* the assembly line. She hacked the one guys fingers off and killed the other dude that dropped cigar ashes on her interior.
And the first owner was a man.

My vote would go for Christine. KITT could outrun her but in a fight to the death she would destroy KITT. KITT was not indestructible and a 5,000+ pound regenerating car travelling at 130 mph would do the TA in.
As far as microwave jamming....Christine was able to control all her electronics from starting, headlights, radio, windshield wipers, door locks and even interior light intensity. She'd pop KITTS circuits and leave him a sitting duck.
I just don't think KITT would stand a chance against the demonic possesion :)

THE CAR....I remember watching that movie for the first time when I was a kid. One of my all time favorites, I can still hear that evil sounding exhaust.
In the early 90's I actually bought a '62 Olds Dynamic 88 Cruiser and turned it into "The Car"...at least somewhat. It was two tone white and green. I stripped off the 30+ year old paint and put down 3 layers of coach black. Removed most of the stainless trim and put double layers of limo tint on all the windows making it impossible to see inside. The car was a black monster, 400 HP @500lbs torque, 8 MPG. Drove it for 7 years before selling it. Definitely a power trip :evil: Had a real psycho look to it and other drivers just stayed far away. I think even the cops were afraid of it since in 7 years, 70,000 miles I was never pulled over for the blacked out windows.

Not sure how Christine or KITT would fair against THE CAR. Hard to deal with something that's indestructible, can demolish a house and burrow underground.

mechagrover
Volunteer

Post by mechagrover » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:05 pm

It took a cliff to bury the Car, in a very KARR-like destruction scene...
Actually, in "Trust Doesn't Rust" at the end when KARR goes over the cliff, it WAS actually stock footage from 'The Car'

cxTurbo
Volunteer

Post by cxTurbo » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:54 am

It's been so long since I saw that episode. During the explosion is the demon face still in the fire or was it cut?

And off topic but still about cars:

During the beginning credits of Married with Children there is a brief scene over Chicago. Was that a scene from Vacation as the Grizwalds are leaving Chicago? If you look close it looks like the Family Truckster on the off ramp.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:17 am

cxTurbo wrote:It's been so long since I saw that episode. During the explosion is the demon face still in the fire or was it cut?
It's in the version I have, pilfered from Sci-Fi (UK). I like that film - the characters balance the B-movie horror plot. It's humorous too - I love the Native American deputy and his threats of 'big heap trouble' to the guy who mocks his background.

And, on the subject of KARR's destruction, I wonder how direct an influence The Car had on KARR's creation? There's a brilliant scene in the film where the hero (Sheriff 'Parent') goes into his garage for his bike - and the car is just there. He's being really furtive, thinking he can escape before the car notices, and then he turns around and it's parked in the shadows. That's KARR behaviour - both KITT and KARR were introduced in the shadows. Very eerie.

The basics of the book were different to the film, with 'Christine'. King's car was haunted by the ghost of its owner, LeBay (who sold Christine to Arnie originally, not his brother, as in the film). When Dennis and Leigh confront Christine in the story, they also see the ghosts of LeBay's wife and child, who died in Christine. They have to tell themselves that what they're seeing isn't real so that they can finish the car off, but even then they have to flatten it before 'she' will stay 'dead'. But I think the idea of an 'evil' car worked better for the film.
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines