Skee-Ball with David Hasselhoff

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Skee-Ball with David Hasselhoff

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:07 am

Here's one of those "only in L.A. moments":

I went to Disneyland with some friends today. (Actually, California Adventure, their new theme park next to Disneyland). While waiting on line for the rollercoaster, I saw David Hasselhoff get on the ride with his wife (in wheelchair) and daughter. I later ran into them again while playing Skee-Ball... Hasselhoff came up and started playing with his daughter in the lane next to mine.

And no, I didn't say anything to him. There are times for celebrities to be celebrities, and there are times for them to be daddies. Disneyland is definitely a "daddy" time.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:54 am

Damn you and your LA accessibility.

That was a very big thing of you to do Mike, I'm sure we all appreciate your professionalism and allowing the man to have a day with his family.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:56 pm

I'm sure Hasselhoff would thank you if he had any idea who you were :lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:27 pm

pfft, LAians.

i saw E!'s 'celebrities uncensored' last night and was just thinking if there were a lot of cameras around david. i feel sorry for celebs that get hounded like that by the paparazzi.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:55 pm

The correct response is "pfft, Angelenos". :)

I'm still in denial that I actually live out here. I mock the natives while trying to pretend that I'm not becoming one of them.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:43 pm

I've always had the view that without the fans, celebrities wouldn't be where they are.

If you see a celebrity, hound them. they should give something to the fans anyway.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:24 pm

Skav wrote:I've always had the view that without the fans, celebrities wouldn't be where they are.

If you see a celebrity, hound them. they should give something to the fans anyway.

Skav
David Hasselhoff DID give something to his fans - his characters in the shows he's starred in!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:45 pm

Well, every celeb is different and this doesn't apply to Hasselhoff cos i know he is caring and down to earth, but not all celebs care about the movies they starred in, it's only for money.

And I don't know if I should say 'most' celebs but I'll go out on a limb and say 'most' celebs are arrogant people who don't care about their fan base.

When I said my statement in the last post, i was rather referring to celebs in general.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:42 pm

Good for you, Mike. But, I do have to wonder how many other people gave him the same courtesy.

Besides, celebrities are just people who are working for a living, too. In fact, I'm almost clueless as to the reason why many people place celebrities on a high pedestal.

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:54 pm

i hate it here! no famous people visit florida because they been here soooo many times they are starting ti get bored of it....florida a dull place to live :(

~carlyn

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:09 pm

Carlyn Eliz wrote:i hate it here! no famous people visit florida because they been here soooo many times they are starting ti get bored of it....florida a dull place to live :(

~carlyn
Well I'll go visit there and you can pretend I'm famous and I'll even sign my autograph for you.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:48 pm

You mean they don't make movies anywhere in Florida?

I once worked with a movie extra who claimed to have met "all" the big names in acting. So, being a movie extra is one way to go about meeting celebrities, face-to-face.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:14 pm

Darendor wrote:
Carlyn Eliz wrote:i hate it here! no famous people visit florida because they been here soooo many times they are starting ti get bored of it....florida a dull place to live :(

~carlyn
Well I'll go visit there and you can pretend I'm famous and I'll even sign my autograph for you.
LOL! only time somebody famous came was when gov bush came to tampa and i missed him comming because i was at home babysitting ;)

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:17 pm

Trekie386 wrote:
Darendor wrote:

~carlyn
LOL! only time somebody famous came was when gov bush came to tampa and i missed him comming because i was at home babysitting ;)
i am sooo sorry that was me under my mother's name by accident ...but i said all those things

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:20 am

That's fine, I'll sign for both of ya. How's that? :wink:

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:47 am

Carlyn Eliz wrote:
Trekie386 wrote:
Darendor wrote: Well I'll go visit there and you can pretend I'm famous and I'll even sign my autograph for you.
i am sooo sorry that was me under my mother's name by accident ...but i said all those things
She's obviously forgotten that she has seen celebrities before. I used to take her to Star Trek conventions. Yup, she's seen Shatner, Nimoy, Takei, etc... Last time I checked those were celebrities.

We are also planning a visit really soon to Mark's Custom Kitts in Kissammee. It will be the first time I've ever gotten close to anything that has a real scanner. (I've waited over 17 years to see one up close!) We can pretend it's Kitt, so I guess that can count. LOL

Hey Carlyn, check who's logged in the next time before you post. :roll:
(Gotta love sharing a computer)

~Beth C

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:08 am

i don't count those as famous people.... i wanna see somebody famous...like popular singers today ;) and plus that was such a long time ago,i can't rember a thing ;)

~carlyn

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:57 am

She's obviously forgotten that she has seen celebrities before. I used to take her to Star Trek conventions. Yup, she's seen Shatner, Nimoy, Takei, etc... Last time I checked those were celebrities.
Shatner, actor to some genius to others :D

I don't know if I coulda shown such restraint if it was William Daniels instead of DH. I would have begged to sign my cars dashboard or something 8)
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:02 am

lol! i bet you nobody came up with that if they saw willam daniels.. 8)

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:01 pm

We are also planning a visit really soon to Mark's Custom Kitts in Kissammee. It will be the first time I've ever gotten close to anything that has a real scanner. (I've waited over 17 years to see one up close!) We can pretend it's Kitt, so I guess that can count. LOL

~Beth C

I would hardly call Mark Scrivani a celebrity. LOL. But to each his own
Brian - Knightdriver.com

WhiteSkyWolf
Stranger

Post by WhiteSkyWolf » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:57 pm

The most exciting thing that has ever happend in my town was when a movie was made in my grandparents neiborhood. Other than that everything here is very boring.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:22 pm

Trekie386 wrote:
Carlyn Eliz wrote:
Trekie386 wrote: LOL! only time somebody famous came was when gov bush came to tampa and i missed him comming because i was at home babysitting ;)

~Beth C
LOOK AT AT ALL THOSE QUOTES INSIDE EACH OTHER :roll: :lol: :lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:45 am

Carlyn Eliz wrote:i don't count those as famous people.... i wanna see somebody famous...like popular singers today ;) and plus that was such a long time ago,i can't rember a thing ;)

~carlyn
I am crushed.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:12 am

cloudkitt wrote:
Trekie386 wrote:
Carlyn Eliz wrote: i am sooo sorry that was me under my mother's name by accident ...but i said all those things

~Beth C
lol.. hail to the easily amused. :) :lol:
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:27 am

KITT wrote:
cloudkitt wrote:
Trekie386 wrote: She's obviously forgotten that she has seen celebrities before. I used to take her to Star Trek conventions. Yup, she's seen Shatner, Nimoy, Takei, etc... Last time I checked those were celebrities.

~Beth C
lol.. hail to the easily amused. :) :lol:
ooh ahh! :shock: