i've always been curious about this picture.....

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

d_osborn
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

i've always been curious about this picture.....

Post by d_osborn » Mon May 26, 2003 12:45 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=18836

what is up with the horrible SPM drawing in the background? is there some kind of story behind this? :lol:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon May 26, 2003 2:36 pm

I think its just a normal publicity picture. The SPM pic in the background is probably just another way of trying to convince the public that SPM will be cool.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 3:26 pm

Skav wrote:I think its just a normal publicity picture. The SPM pic in the background is probably just another way of trying to convince the public that SPM will be cool.

Skav
It didn't work... :wink:

~ Beth C

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Mon May 26, 2003 4:32 pm

Hey, Super Pursuit Mode WAS cool.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon May 26, 2003 4:51 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for something to move very fast doesn't it have to be aerodynamic? How in the world can something be aerodynamic if it has stuff sticking out all over the place???

If SPM was actually to make something move faster, wouldn't they think of making things stick out and up and pull away from an AIRPLANE?????? :shock:

It was really odd to see the nose pull away from the car. When I first saw that, I actually freaked and thought it was falling OFF!! The back end going up wasn't so bad but the nose thing - ::shudders:: was too creepy.

Did anyone also notice that when Kitt 'Buttoned Up' there was no visible signs of WHERE those things popped out of????? You would think there would be circles on the car somewhere.. but noooo.. they just popped out of thin air!

~ Beth C

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Mon May 26, 2003 5:34 pm

I don't care what y'all say, SPM just totally rocked my little world lol :lol:

And Beth, you wondered why there weren't any lines from all the popouts? Welll that's just magic :wink:

Cheri

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Mon May 26, 2003 5:41 pm

I think those little foils and extentions were there to give KITT the aerodynamic stability to not do an unexpected Turbo-Boost whenever he struck a cigarette butt while flying down the Interstate at 276MPH...

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon May 26, 2003 6:47 pm

was kitt meant to jump? ski? talk?

doesn't matter, it's all in the campy world of KR. nothing about it is believable.

oh, yeah, i LOVED SPM!!! :D

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon May 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Skav, I think you summed it up pretty well there.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon May 26, 2003 10:11 pm

Oh, THAT picture...

I've never understood why such a bad drawing of the "improved" KITT was ever released. I have often pondered if this was a third party, "artistic license" production.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat May 31, 2003 6:02 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for something to move very fast doesn't it have to be aerodynamic? How in the world can something be aerodynamic if it has stuff sticking out all over the place???
um... not really...it just needs a really big engine. :)

If something is Aerodynamic is simply means it has the optimum "air flow feild" for its intended purpose.

The whole idea of "that stuff sticking out all over the place" is to create downward pressure to hold the car on the road. Racing cars have big air wings and front scoops sticking out on them for the same reason.
If SPM was actually to make something move faster, wouldn't they think of making things stick out and up and pull away from an AIRPLANE??????
um...wrong again. :)

Your compairing two completely different things here.... An airplane you want to lift up....a car you want to press down onto the road.... exact opersites of each other. Remember the speed was generated from the jets at the back of the car...all the other spoilers and wings where to help hold the car on the road.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Sat May 31, 2003 1:55 pm

Rockatteer wrote:
um... not really...it just needs a really big engine. :)

If something is Aerodynamic is simply means it has the optimum "air flow feild" for its intended purpose.

The whole idea of "that stuff sticking out all over the place" is to create downward pressure to hold the car on the road. Racing cars have big air wings and front scoops sticking out on them for the same reason.
If SPM was actually to make something move faster, wouldn't they think of making things stick out and up and pull away from an AIRPLANE??????
um...wrong again. :)

Your compairing two completely different things here.... An airplane you want to lift up....a car you want to press down onto the road.... exact opersites of each other. Remember the speed was generated from the jets at the back of the car...all the other spoilers and wings where to help hold the car on the road.
yeah you got that right :) those things 'sticking out'( though they didnt look very appropriate to the purpose of SPM) were there to create downforce on the car......without them KITT would never be able to take a turn at that speed...