KR: RPG Part 3: In 3D

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:07 pm

Perhaps I am missing something msKEN but you have http://www.microstuffx.com. The pictures posted here were hosted at the exact same website. Therefore I contacted the host and this was the information I received.

REMOVED
Last edited by Police Interceptor on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:08 pm

Police Interceptor wrote:"Do not modify this or any other file included in anyway prior to contacting the author!" and did the exact opposite of what the readme file states?
Considering I got permission from you, which you claim to have no recolation of, which is just so convient for you and this little crying game you are playing, then that is the only reason I continued going threw with the editing of your stupid ass model which I now regret, and HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MY SITE. Get over it.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:11 pm

Your info is correct with the exception of the web site. I own knightdriver.com

The other site is Kens. Now remove my info from the board or I will
have action taken against you. This is not exceptable.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:11 pm

Police Interceptor wrote:Perhaps I am missing something here but are you not the owner of http://www.microstuffx.com?

This is the data I received from your host,
And guess what Brian Thone and I are now calling your PD HQ to file harrasment charges against you. That and you've just violated the TOS of this board by posting another members private information. An e-mail address is one thing, exposing someone's idenity which is not even my own, but a friend of mines (who registered my site as a favor) is a whole other.

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:14 pm

msKEN wrote:
Police Interceptor wrote:Perhaps I am missing something here but are you not the owner of http://www.microstuffx.com?

This is the data I received from your host,
And guess what Brian Thone and I are now calling your PD HQ to file harrasment charges against you. That and you've just violated the TOS of this board by posting another members private information. An e-mail address is one thing, exposing someone's idenity which is not even my own, but a friend of mines (who registered my site as a favor) is a whole other.
You posted my relative's personal information(name) which is as much violation of TOS as what I stated above. You go ahead and call up my headquarters and file a harrasment charges against me. Have I met you on a street and harassed you? Perhaps I have phoned you? Messageboard harrassment is something I have never heard of. LMAO!!!
Last edited by Police Interceptor on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:15 pm

Actually, posting a name isn't half as much of a violation as full information. But you're a cop, right? You should know that...

And by the way, I am sure the admin of the board is quite happy with you conducting your personal business and vendetta on his board. Oh wait, you're above him, huh?

KI

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:18 pm

No sir, I was crediting the author of the 3d model. If that wasn't your name then you shouldn't have sent me the e-mail saying it was your creation now should you? You just violated the whois.com TOS as well by using the information recieved from that site in another fashion other then trying to contact the owner about his website. So again you've just brooken rules on other media sites as well.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:18 pm

I have already contacted Neil about this. If this isnt taken care of, I will take things further legally.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:24 pm

msKEN wrote:No sir, I was crediting the author of the 3d model. If that wasn't your name then you shouldn't have sent me the e-mail saying it was your creation now should you? You just violated the whois.com TOS as well by using the information recieved from that site in another fashion other then trying to contact the owner about his website. So again you've just brooken rules on other media sites as well.
Pardon my ignorance sir but here is the exact email I have sent you,
"Hello
I am writing to inform you that Knight Rider RPG which is hosted by you has copyrighted material which belongs to me. All car models that are used were built by me for Need For Speed series games. Here is a link at which you can find the originals, http://www.nfscars.net/search.php?game= ... ype=author. I want complete removal of the website and/or all of my copyrighted material that includes images and downloads. Failure to do so will result in lawsuit action towards you as a host as well as the violator.

sincerely

S. Drozd"

The name signed is not same as the email holder's. Furthermore I did not use whois.com and if I did you have no proof of me doing so.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:26 pm

Further more you didn't contact my host, my host is not aloud to disclose information about its clients, further more my site is hosted by a close personal friend of mine who would never disclose information about me, by FEDERAL LAW and as a friend. He may only turn my information over to a federal agent or a member of the ICANN. Which you are not considering you are in Canada. Boy its becoming more and more apparent who the liar is here isn't it? You got what you wanted. The site is removed, everyone knows you created the model since I failed to do so, and now you just keep digging a nice whole for yourself, by intruding on peoples rights to be anonymous on the internet.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:28 pm

Uh, dude, we have proof, because the format is still in whois formatting. Anybody who has a website knows it.

Second, it is still against the law, regardless of how you got it.

Third, It's gone, it's already off.

Fourth, he was stating how he would have credited you, if you had honestly wanted it, and second how you put yourself out there.

All you are doing is showing yourself to be a serious problem, and maybe somebody does need to call your police department to report that they have somebody who is a true problem child on their hands, because right now, all you are seemingly doing is trying to get attention, and doing so in violation of ICANN laws.

KI

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:31 pm

Woa, you just broke another rule here. You are quite the smart one.

Since you seem to be so smart, here is what my mail box looks like. And guess who's name I see? If that wasn't you, you shouldn't be sending e-mails from his account then should you? How the hell am I suposed to know thats a relative and not you since you claim it is you? You make no freakin sense?

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:37 pm

You all seem to ignore most of the stuff stated here. If any of you were 3d freelance modelers then you would know that this is serious stuff. Go ahead and visit a couple messageboards and look how many theft and theft prevention topics will pop up. You do not know how many hours modelers put into creating these models and to have them ripped off in 15minutes by someone without giving any credit at all really pisses a lot of people off. I would not have posted here in a first place because I saw that website was taken off but after msKEN have disclosed my father's name and email address which was suppose to be private(or at least thats what one of the people here said) I knew I had to register and make a reply. I am not going to try and outdo all the smart asses here that suddenly popped up to defend the member which was here probably a lot longer then I was. But when something of mine is tempered with I will take action. The problem had been resolved so I will not be replying to this thread and further unless more theft is discovered.
Last edited by Police Interceptor on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:41 pm

Actually, no, its you who seems to be ignoring the stuff stated here. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that most of us have been around in our various businesses longer than you have.

You emailed him from your father's name. Are you two?

You call us smart asses, we call ourselves intelligent with a knowledge of what we are talking about.

And if you take action through making yourself into a real sad whiny jerk working for a public reaction, then....you do not speak well for your occupation.

We know about theft, it pisses us off as well, many who have websites. But it has to be actual theft, not something you are offering up for download and it gets used temporarily.

It was nice knowin ya, dude, hope you enjoy yourself, because you are happily beating not only yourself but a dead horse.

KI

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:51 pm

So I'm at fault of your ignorance. You send me an e-mail that's not even from your account? You sign it S. Drozd and the e-mail header says the same name but with a full spelled out name. How do I know S. isn't a nickname? How am I to know that you are e-mailing me from daddy's computer, ( a cop that apparently lives with daddy, how inspiring) and that's not your real name if you don't fully state so? You made no attempt to even disclose your real name.

Further more posting a name, such as David Hasselhoff, Patricia McPherson, Brian Thone, or Kenneth Beard, is not a violation. Posting someone's full address and phone number is. If you were a cop as you so state, I'd think you'd at least understand this.

Your work was not pirated, I don't know how many times I have to repeat that this mesh was a place holder, I seriously do think it sucks, it has gaps, its the wrong dimensions, the interior and hood scope are inaccurate, it didn't have t-tops and ect. I had no real intentions of using it in any final product. Second it was a freeware community project, it wasn't like I was selling your work, and I credit everyone in my FINAL project. Again I'm sorry S. DROZD was not credited on EVERY page for making the mesh model that I wasn't even going to continue using after a set date.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:53 pm

Woah, I will not allow you to come on this board and attack one of our members. If you have a problem with him, email is the proper way to go about it, not flaming him on the board, and no posting private information about him on here. Yes, that information is easily available, but it isn't available for you to attack him in this. None of this *?$# belongs here, so get the hell out before the door is closed for you.

Ken, I'm sorry this crap has happened, but I'm going to have to close this thread shortly. I hope that you open another one about the game, and don't let this get to you.