KR: RPG Part 3: In 3D

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight452
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight452 » Wed May 28, 2003 11:18 am

The first picture of K.I.T.T. ,Cool.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:28 am

*shakes head*

This all llooks cool, but i'm officially confused here, what's going on? SOme guy on his own is tryign to make an official Knight Rider game only using a 2001 Firebird??
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:11 am

msKEN is working on a free computer game based on Knight Rider. It's not official. So far it looks like for the missions, you'll be in the standard KITT, but you can unlock this updated version of KITT to play.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:56 pm

Its anything but official. My conversion project car receantly bit the dust so I've been working a lot of overtime with my job and such to get a newer Trans Am. So it looks like this game will be a winter project for me.

The "2002" KITT is based off of KnightDrivers new 4th gen products he currently is working on. Rather or not the new KITT will be a part of the new story line of the game is beyound me, but the 80's style KITT, KARR, KIFT, and KIT(hree)T will be driveable cars in the game regardless. Originally I was gonna make the three thousand a hidden car, but I might make it one of the selectable cars now.

Anyway look for updates at Knight Immortals board later this fall. I'll post all updates and such there.

- msKEN
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:06 pm

That...sounds exciting!!

(sorry, i know this message has already slipped off the first page, but i saw msken mention it again and I remembered i had asked a question here)

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:02 pm

http://krgame.microstuffx.com

To those that are interested the site has now returned to the web with a minor update that I posted over at the KR Foundation board. For those of you interested in the future of this project please refear to this link, or Knight Immortals message board for all new updates.

A demo is planned for December. :)

- msKEN

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:43 pm

wish i could help with graphics, i suck at it.. lol..
:dash:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:07 am

Good to see the site back up msKEN, lookforward to the demo. A Christmas gift perhaps?

Is that dash shot on the header from the game? It looks really great.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:57 am

Neil,

No the dash just a screen shot from the DVD I just edited and threw up there. The dash in the game is just as good though, its just not as visable to the player.

The plan is to have the traning portion of the game done where you can test out all of kitts functions and such. Since Davilex did Flag HQ's testing grounds, I'm doing Slammin Sammy's Stunt Track. :)

- Ken

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:16 pm

WILL THERE BE SUPER PURSUIT MODE ? OR NORMAL PURSUIT MODE ?

I WANT SPEED IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:11 pm

So we might get a demo of the test track by christmas?!

babifrence
Volunteer

Post by babifrence » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:35 am

Hiya Peeps,

Cant believe there is a fan based game of Knight Rider and an RPG. I was hoping that when I first installed Davliex's product. I have briefly played GTA3 (Im a fan of GTA1 myself) but I love RPG's and thats the way the Knight Rider game should have been designed.

msKen and Knight Drive I really congratulate you on your work so far - its INCREDIBLE. I for one will be up for playing this and emailing feedback if you guys want it. As well as the RPG I am sure everyone wants a racing based feel to it as well like BurnOut or Gran Tourismo etc... To be honest, with what ever you develop I am sure that me and our fellow Riders will drive on with whatever you decide. I am sure you have many ideas about possible story lines on what Michael and KITT will face.

Do you suppose you could know of a technique where you could speak into a microphone or whatever and have it sounding like the real Devon Miles for example. That way you could have a replica image and use the technique I mentioned to actually state a mission criteria using their real voices that will be mimicked by either of you - just a thought...

PEACE OUT !!!

PS Good luck, god bless and I hope your project takes you as far as you intend to push the realm of your boundaries.

azrael91966669
Stranger

Post by azrael91966669 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:28 pm

i love seeing models stolen from a very well known need fof speed modeler you are doing nothing more then stealing 3d models and converting them to gta3 and you act like its all yours you make me sick
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=523
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=524
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=525
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=659
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=738
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=509
http://www.nfsg.net/index.php?topic=car ... =hs&id=514
when you steal you aways hope you wont get caught but im sorry you just where

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:44 pm

LoL. You think I will actaully use your crappy low polygon model in my game when its complete? The model being used is simply a place holder. Besides that the model has been changed so much, the only thing that truely remains the same is in the SKIN. So I think there is a law if you alter any work of art by 70% it is now considered a new creation/entity of its own. Either way, the model is really not up to my standards, the nose is to short, the interrior is horrid. I would never think to use it in an "ACTAUL" release game. Like I said it was simply being used as a place holder while a much better model is being made from scratch by a very gifted 3d modeler.

So go ahead, I got your e-mail earlier saying you would take me to court and sue me over using the model in my game? I would like to see that hold up. Your going to sue me because you made a car based on a copyrighted character, and now you want to sue me for using rights in which you already infringed on? (Cause I'm just sure you secured permison from both Pontiac and Universal to infrinded on THERE rights.) Yeah ok. Further more, I secured permision from you back in 2002 to use your models (if they are indeed your models) via e-mail. I think I got to say its really nice to see you go back on your word. No I don't have those e-mails anymore because I haven't backed anything up in a long while since I reformated, but I'd be damned if I'd be working ona project this size and not be smart enough to secure permission from the original artist. See I could see you being upset because I'm selling your art work, or claiming it to be mine, but I have done neither. So please... do me a favor and grow up. The material is being removed, its a shame when I was so close the having our own car for the project done, but oh well, the world is filled with indian givers and cry babies.
Last edited by msKEN on Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:03 pm

you are doing nothing more then stealing 3d models and converting them to gta3 and you act like its all yours you make me sick
Further more I'd like to know where on my site I did just that? Where on there did I post "here is MY 3D model" ? I'd seriously like to know where you get off at. Were you upset cause I didn't have your name in a spot light saying "MODEL MADE BY Vladimir Drozd vdrozd@cogeco.ca?" I have no problem crediting an author. But like I said your out of date need for speed model which is highly unoptimized for gaming ( rims and tires has more polygons then the entire car for crying out load.) was simply a place holder until the new model is done.

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:55 pm

msKEN wrote:LoL. You think I will actaully use your crappy low polygon model in my game when its complete?
Yes. The pictures from your website were taken from ingame shots so it means it's already in the game. Plus you don't know how to model.
msKEN wrote:Besides that the model has been changed so much, the only thing that truely remains the same is in the SKIN.
Unfortunately that is a lie because I know my meshes inside out and that looks exactly the same.
msKEN wrote:So I think there is a law if you alter any work of art by 70% it is now considered a new creation/entity of its own.
Sorry but that law doesn't apply in this case because nothing was changed.
msKEN wrote:So go ahead, I got your e-mail earlier saying you would take me to court and sue me over using the model in my game? I would like to see that hold up. Your going to sue me because you made a car based on a copyrighted character, and now you want to sue me for using rights in which you already infringed on? (Cause I'm just sure you secured permison from both Pontiac and Universal to infrinded on THERE rights.)
Actually you got MY email earlier. Car was built from scratch using software which has it's own copyright law which also covers it besides my initial copyright law. Don't need permission from Pontiac or Universal to build a 3d model. It doesn't belong to them, it belongs to me. It is same as taking a photograph of KITT. It belongs to the person that took the photograph not the item that is pictured in the photo. And lastly I think the court is more likely to believe a police officer then some file mile jerk that ripped off his model.
msKEN wrote:Further more, I secured permision from you back in 2002 to use your models (if they are indeed your models) via e-mail. I think I got to say its really nice to see you go back on your word. No I don't have those e-mails anymore because I haven't backed anything up in a long while since I reformated, but I'd be damned if I'd be working ona project this size and not be smart enough to secure permission from the original artist. See I could see you being upset because I'm selling your art work, or claiming it to be mine, but I have done neither.
You just keep sinking deeper and deeper in your own *?$#. I build my models for NFS only and I always say "no" to anyone who wishes to use them! That is a proven fact.
msKEN wrote:The material is being removed, its a shame when I was so close the having our own car for the project done, but oh well, the world is filled with indian givers and cry babies.
If the project was so close to being done and you already have your own model for it then why are you shutting it down? Could it be because there is no model?
msKEN wrote:I have no problem crediting an author.
Apperantly you do because you didn't!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:08 pm

I have a real problem with somebody who comes out of the blue and starts this kind of thing. Ken has been a long standing member in this community, and you have been a Johnny Come Lately, who is obviously getting your friends to fight your battles for you.

I think before you start spouting out your crap about Ken, that you had better check your facts first. I have seen more parts of the game that Ken is working on, and as a matter of fact, he has been using those models as placemarkers, because his actual designs are still in the process. They sort of stick out, because they don't honestly look like they mesh in anyway. Any game designer or programmer knows that you have to have place markers.

Now, as for you being a police officer...that's quaint, nice abuse of power there, too. Doesn't make it any more legit. If you do not want them used at all, then maybe you shouldn't put them on the INTERNET. As a police officer, it's interesting that you don't know that you are making models for a copyrighted game, and that is what Ken was referring to when he was stating about you making models for a copyrighted game.

Facts can be changed, especially when we don't know you from anything, so honestly coming to the board and trying to make a public stink is rather childish and honestly not cool. If you have a problem, email him, don't try for public whining.

And as for him shutting it down, maybe he is getting sick and tired of people giving him crap for everything he does. Maybe he isn't the only one, either, especially when they are bending over backwards to help the community.

So how about you try to keep it to email, and not drag the public into it, because it honestly doesn't help you one dang bit, except for making you look like a bunch of whiners. If you don't want them used as placemarkers, then just say such. Don't get derogatory, and don't try to have your friends or such come to this board to create a fight about it. Handle it professionally, and like an adult, rather than like this, because like this, all it does is create a vast suspicion over your claims.

KI

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:45 pm

Yes. The pictures from your website were taken from ingame shots so it means it's already in the game. Plus you don't know how to model.
Which you called GTA3? The model was being used as a place marker for my actual model when it has been completed. Plus I don't know how to model huh? That's why I have a degree in multimedia design which covers 3ds max 4.2 training. So yes, I can model. Am I professional? No nor do I claim to be, that's why I have contacted out side help for developing the model. I don't know how to model, huh? Who's been an ass here now. Yes! you are a THE CAR modeling god... its so hard to model from source files (front, side, top images) of the car and click and point polygons... Thats why any and every joe shmoe has made cars for nfs, its just too diffcult. Gesh. You are my GOD. Your model was there at the time and made it easier for the time being until my model was done. My goodness, I've COMMITED A CRIME! LOOK THE HELL OUT! Come arrest me please mr. officer!
Unfortunately that is a lie because I know my meshes inside out and that looks exactly the same.
I'm afraid you don't know your own model then. I have extended the nose, added t-tops, even made a convertible version. Fact is I have not re-distributed your model in 3d format form, only posted screens and or renderings.
Sorry but that law doesn't apply in this case because nothing was changed.
You have no idea what I've done, because the model hasn't been posted anywhere for you to see what was done... funny how you can make that assumption.
Actually you got MY email earlier. Car was built from scratch using software which has it's own copyright law which also covers it besides my initial copyright law. Don't need permission from Pontiac or Universal to build a 3d model. It doesn't belong to them, it belongs to me. It is same as taking a photograph of KITT. It belongs to the person that took the photograph not the item that is pictured in the photo. And lastly I think the court is more likely to believe a police officer then some file mile jerk that ripped off his model.
Again you have no case. I didn't sell your 3d model, I didn't plagiarize it and call it my own. You obviously have a very vague understanding of the law and makes me believe you fall in that stereo typed category of the "STUPID COP". To believe you have a case because I posted renderings of your KITT model on the net is ludicrous. Further more I had no intentions of using it as the final model. So there for it wasn't even released to the public in any other media? Where is your case? I rendered these images of that 3d model in another 3d program, I believe I'm protected by the copy rights of the software, plus I changed your model, so hey I just created a new piece of media from your old one. Grow up.
You just keep sinking deeper and deeper in your own *?$#. I build my models for NFS only and I always say "no" to anyone who wishes to use them! That is a proven fact.
At which point I wish I would have saved our transaction and conversation. But its pointless as I have never intended to use your crappy model in the final version. It was simply there for screen shots sake.
If the project was so close to being done and you already have your own model for it then why are you shutting it down? Could it be because there is no model?
Could it be because the model isn't complete yet? Wahoo ding ding ding we have a winner.
Apparently you do because you didn't!
For what reason would I want to credit you for, your model was a simple place holder and was going to be replaced by a much better mesh. Either way its gone, get over it, here's a tissue, move along now. Thank you.

The fact that you are a police officer in a country that doesn't count to Americans as far as jurisdiction goes does not at all influence me either. Your wasting your breath cause I don't care. I have plenty of American cop friends. It means nothing. You are people like anyone else.
Last edited by msKEN on Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:46 pm

First of all I did not ask my friend to come here. He found this and let me know about it. He did it at his own will. I emailed Mr Ken prior to posting on the messageboard but since Mr Ken decided to list my father's name and email address for all to see I found it necessary to register and make a reply.

If you do not believe that I am a police officer then feel free to call Niagara Regional Police at (905) 688-4212, Ext: 2200 and ask if there is Const. S. Drozd working there. Badge number 821.

Furthermore there is no need to throw insults in my face because you did something wrong and now trying to cover it up by saying it was a placeholder. Either way Mr. Brian Thorne this is not the first time that you are using my models without giving any credit or contacting me prior. I have checked your IP address and it matches the IP address of "Wilton Knight" from NFSCars.com who stole my KITT model and posted a direct download link claiming it was his own scratchbuilt model. And then when it was removed you went ballistic.
Last edited by Police Interceptor on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:57 pm

Would you honestly want me to call them and tell them that you are busy trying to abuse your position on an internet message board?

Second, would you honestly want me to call them and tell them that you are creating graphical cars for a copyrighted software package, which in fact integrating them is considered hacking by all legal boundaries?

Third, if you didn't want it repeated, then you shouldn't have emailed him from your Father's email address in the first place. That casts that much more suspicion upon you, that you can't even do it from your own.

I do believe that if you honestly are a cop, that you need to learn a little bit more about handling your affairs, either that or give cops a bad image, like you are doing right now. Grow up and take it to email, or continue to keep making a jerk of yourself, your choice.

Either learn how to handle it like an adult, or don't handle it at all.

KI

Police Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by Police Interceptor » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:01 pm

Perhaps you sir should stop supporting theft! Here is a question for you. What would you call someone that downloaded a file which clearly states "Do not modify this or any other file included in anyway prior to contacting the author!" and did the exact opposite of what the readme file states?
Last edited by Police Interceptor on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:03 pm

Police Interceptor wrote: Furthermore there is no need to throw insults in my face because you did something wrong and now trying to cover it up by saying it was a placeholder. Either way Mr. Brian Thorne this is not the first time that you are using my models without giving any credit or contacting me prior. I have checked your IP address and it matches the IP address of "Wilton Knight" from NFSCars.com who stole my KITT model and posted a direct download link claiming it was his own scratchbuilt model. And then when it was removed you went ballistic.
You are a freaking idiot man. Brian Thone? Brian Thone is Knight Driver, and doesn't even play video games. He's been in the Knight Rider Conversion parts field for years now, and I think anyone here would back him up in a second to say I think everybody and there brother here knows my name is KENNETH BEARD. IP's change daily numb nuts. I don't even own Need for Speed (at least for the PC) nor have I ever.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:05 pm

LMAO, KI don't even bother, this guy speaks enough for himself. The website is no longer up. he got what he wants, and he will fight this till the end, even though it is gone and he got what he wanted. I'll put the site back up when my model is done, and at which point he can eat his own words.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:05 pm

Perhaps you, should once again get all your facts together.

I don't support theft, when it is a legitimate claim.

But see, nobody has made a profit off of your design, nobody has redistributed it for a profit, and nobody is intending to keep it for redistribution for a profit.

Therefore, there is actually no law broken. And if you put it up on the internet, then you had better be ready to sue everybody who downloads your precious designs and uses them in the games. Because that is the exact same use as here.

I happen to know the law that you claim to uphold and cry about, and honestly, you are screaming for something that hasn't even happened yet, and are making quite a rather juvenile scene about it.

And when it comes down to it, you know what I call that person who takes those files? Yeah a pain. Especially if they are planning to reuse them for a more permanent use. But once again...they are screen shots. Anybody with an eye for design can see that they don't even fit in. You should be honored that they were even used for placemarkers, because well, at least Ken was trying to find something that matched the rest of the scene. But in the end, Ken (and his name is in fact, KEN) has given credit where credit is due to those who are going to have a permanent place in the game. But honestly, after screaming about lawsuits rather than trying to work it out like an adult, and finding out the facts, then well...it's just your sad luck.

And just to prove that you honestly need to check your facts...I'm not a sir.

KI
Last edited by knightimmortal on Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:06 pm

Ummm.... Excuse me, but You are confusing me with another person. Posting my name and address is unexceptable. I have nothing to do with Ken's game so don't drag me or my personal info in on this. I dont do gaming, I have no experience with gaming. I dont even like to play them. I don't know who this wilton Knight individual you are confusing me with is, but I am not him.

Posting anymore of my person innfo here, I WILL take legal action. You have a beef with Ken, Do it through him and e-mail. If not, I will see that this is dealt with. Got it!
Brian - Knightdriver.com