Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JustinMacri
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:51 pm

Hi T and J,

I am Justin a Knight Rider fan for 21 years now and i am a big KR fan. I asked a qestion not to long ago about the game like when the Trucks are in KITT'a way can you select to use Ski Mode or Turbo Boost. And like in Grand Teft Auto 3 you know when you do not want to do any missions you can like play around like do skidd marks are do jumps or you know. I am Just wondering and will KITT ever flip over like he did in Giliath, The Big Iron, and Knight Of the Drowns, I love the movie intro. But i wish to see more free movies. And what made you guys decided to bring back Knight Rider as a better game better then the 1989 version of Nintendo. And J to make the site more cooler buddy plese add screen savers and story boards and more movie clips and new Pics like how KITT is doing before the USA relese date. I love the copit Will i always drive in the copit or will the angle change it self?

YOur new friend Justin

Macri007@aol.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:20 pm

Knight Racer, having a whole new sequence of seeing michael's finger pressing the button might mean more loading time because it is switching back and forth between each sequences. so if there was a new sequence of a finger pressin a button then it would mean the game would pause to allow the sequence to load.

However, if you mean, when in the actual car view mode itself, a finger could pop up, i guess and press something. but there was no buttons to see, as we all can see the inside car screen shots.

Skav

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:54 pm

Maybe a small FMV video window in the upper left corner like in the Wing Commander series communications. But that would take more time to do...

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>I asked a qestion not to long ago about the game like when the Trucks are in KITT'a way can you select to use Ski Mode or Turbo Boost. And like in Grand Teft Auto 3 you know when you do not want to do any missions you can like play around like do skidd marks are do jumps or you know. I am Just wondering and will KITT ever flip over like he did in Giliath, The Big Iron, and Knight Of the Drowns, I love the movie intro. But i wish to see more free movies. And what made you guys decided to bring back Knight Rider as a better game better then the 1989 version of Nintendo. And J to make the site more cooler buddy plese add screen savers and story boards and more movie clips and new Pics like how KITT is doing before the USA relese date. I love the copit Will i always drive in the copit or will the angle change it self?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Justin,

They've answered this before:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teunstah :
<STRONG> posted October 02, 2002 07:00 PM                  

There isn't a real cruise mode, but there are several missions which are not timebased, and leave the player to roam freely in the tracks. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As for some of your other questions, yes you can get flipped over in the game. Also you can decide whether you want to use turbo boost or ski mode to get around things.

You don't need to always view the game from the cocpit, you can change in between the different views whenever you like.

I have posted a number of video clips, have you been able to view any of those?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:46 pm

Ok, Justin, we have talked about this before, I have told you that if you want to know everything about the game, then there is no sense whatsoever in buying it. Calm down, and have some patience, maybe even read the other posts on the subject, and for giggles, look at all the stuff that Davilex and Neil have put up. It is the best you are going to get, and as long as people have difficulty understanding your posts, they are not going to reply to them.

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:42 pm

Hang on....getting flipped over entirely?
Woooohh, that's quite unnerving, especially with KITT.

Guess, when I get the game, i got a lot of work to do!

Skav

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:57 am

Ok, this is quite a weird question and will be probably answered negatively (I am not sure if it was questionned before...).
Do you think that KR game could be modified after(might take months) it's release to have a mp mode too? (like Deus Ex and Silent Hunter 2 were)

Smoothy
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Smoothy » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost Rider LSOV:
<STRONG>Ok, this is quite a weird question and will be probably answered negatively (I am not sure if it was questionned before...).
Do you think that KR game could be modified after(might take months) it's release to have a mp mode too? (like Deus Ex and Silent Hunter 2 were)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, possible there could be a patch for the PC version, although I doubt they would actually be adding new features to it.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Questions KR game?

Post by jup » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skav:
<STRONG>Hang on....getting flipped over entirely?
Woooohh, that's quite unnerving, especially with KITT.

Skav</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a lot of driving games out there, the engine WON'T permit the vehicles to fully flip. (Some that I've seen look like there is an invisible wire holding them to the ground when they get on two wheels. An odd sight, indeed.) So, it's quite refreshing to see a game that WILL permit flip physics.

JustinMacri
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:53 pm

oh you mean like they did in GAT3?

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:22 pm

GAT3? Is that where the hoods from the city go out and bust some caps in some asses?

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>oh you mean like they did in GAT3?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:04 am

Hi again;

Yes, you can flip Kitt over in the game. Since we have quite an accurate physics model, we actually had to make some changes here and there to prevent it from happing too often (yes cars tend to flip quite easily when driving 100+Mph and hitting an object :P

Knight Rider 'The game' is single player only.

Someone asked if we're stil reading the threads; yes I am (atleast when they have 'game' in the title [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img], but a little less often as 2 weeks ago.

I'm trying to answer all questions about the game in this thread only, so all information is centralized.

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:15 am

hmmm, I noticed I missed a few questions:

Knight Racer:
1. No you won't see buttons being pressed by Michael in the game (<off topic> I always wondered why he did that and KITT didn't just take voice commands).

2. We were planning on a little "about' section in the game, unfortunately this didn't get in. During the story certain crucial elements of the sroty and characters will be explained through conversation. (who is Garth, what's MBS etc.)

3. RC3 has been considered, but since he wasn't crucial to the story, and it meant modelling and animating another character, we decided not to put him in this game.

Justin:
When driving u can decide to use turbo-boost, ski-mode and SPM whenever it's available (most of the above are always *installed*). And there are several camera's and the player has to decide for him self which he likes best. Only the cinematic camera is automatic; the game will switch to that camera for a few split seconds when the player does a cool stunt/jump.

<edit: type-o's>

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: Teunstah ]

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: Teunstah ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:15 pm

Teunstah, since you have been so kind, and so amazing to come here and answer our never-ending questions about the game, I thought that the least we could do was answer a query that you have brought up in your post.

Just to venture off-topic for a moment, your statement was a question about why Michael had to press buttons and why KITT didn't just take voice commands.

This is a bit of the plotline that echoed through the story. It seems that Wilton Knight didn't want the car to be fully functional on its own. It needed to have a reliance upon the human driver to complete certain functions. Sort of why it was 'one man can make a difference' rather than 'one car can make a difference'. The car was a tool for the human driver (or as they referred to him, pilot) to utilize, and to restrain certain needs for the AI to go beyond it's constraints of needing a human, it was seemingly given sort of a backup of needing the human to press the buttons. For the human to be actively participating in the functions of the car.

Hope that clears up your query.

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

knightimmortal

WhiteKnight
Stranger

Questions KR game?

Post by WhiteKnight » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:52 pm

These questions are about the Knight Rider game.

Q1: Which type of characters will you be able to sue in the game?....Meaning is there a cheat that enables the player to use goliath, or KARR?....
Q2: Is the Red model of KITT, The Knight 4000 availabe?....If so...Do the new/old fuctions apply?
Q3: Since your company has acuired the rights of Knight rider, then you must has heard of the rumor about the new game "Grand Theft Auto 4, vice City"....Well the rumor is, that the player will be able to drive KITT, And other 80's Vehicles from other shows, if so, do you have any iNfo on this rumor if it is true or false>?
Q4: Will their be ANY official cheats?...Not Game shark type hacks, I mean certain cheats the player would be able to type in, or perhaps button combinations to get special functions?>...If so please explain....

Thats all I can think of for now...

" Michael, that car, it could have been my twin" " I dont think So, It almsot Killed me"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:47 pm

Hehehe, I've got a funny feeling they are not going to tell you about any cheats that are encoded into the game. That's for all of us to find out but you did make me think about cheats and hidden vehicles/characters. I really hope there is a cheat that will unlock any hidden vehicles or character's, much the same way GT does and certain boxing games.

It would make things, to me, complete to be in control of KARR or Goliath even if you can't control them in the mission portion of the game.

It would make things more fun.

Well, let's see.....

Skav

JustinMacri
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:36 pm

is there any pics of KITT flipped over?

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:24 am

You sure got a hard on for seeing KITT flipped over?

I for one am good for destruction, but let's think nice thoughts of our favorite car, shall we?

-Scott

<STRONG>is there any pics of KITT flipped over?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skav
FLAG Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Skav » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:32 am

Um, I'm sure he wouldn't be "thrilled", to put it in a nicer way than you did, to see KITT flipped over but I wouldn't mind seeing it either. We are not used to seeing KITT flipped the way it has been described so it has got all of our attention's, I'm sure!

Skav

JustinMacri
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:34 am

i was wondering

dinknight
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by dinknight » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:23 am

<STRONG>i was wondering</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only seem to wonder about the 'unsmart' things. What's new?

knightman
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by knightman » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:11 am

I apologise for this if was asked before but will you have the ending ?? ie credits rollup? in the game oh and will u be able to perform the famous 180 handbrake turns, ie when kitt backs out of the flag truck and swings back in the opposite direction

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:00 am

'lo again [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

WhiteKnight:
Q1: There are several cheats in the game, and as you might have guessed I'm not telling.......yet.......
Q2: Really wanna know?......nope, isn't there
Q3: Heard the rumor too, don't know really. Also don't know how that goes legally, I know we needed clearance for using the Pontiac so....
Q4: yes there are cheats that can be accessed by the player.

Justin Macri:
I'll try to remember to press the screenshot button when it happens to me, then I'll send a pic to Neil.

Knightman:
No ending credits with everlasting fame for the team that created it :P
That turn can be made quite easily by the player himself: go in full reverse out of the Semi, turn the wheel, press the accelerator and turn the wheel back a bit [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: Teunstah ]

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:19 pm

Teunstah, I visited www.knightridergame.com and I noticed that when I click on image 11 in the gallery it opens the wrong image. I hope you can fix this. Thanx!

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:04 am

Hi,

Some of you have been asking when Knight Rider the game will be available where they live, so here ya go:

8th of november 2002:
United Kingdom, Germany, France, Netherlands, Israel and Australia.

3rd of january 2003:
Italy, Spain, Scandinavia

But of course all you hard-core fans have already pre-ordered :P

GrtZ Teun