Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Holic
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Questions KR game?

Post by Holic » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:18 pm

Umm....and Austria? [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] 8th November too I assume....or hope

[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: Holic ]

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Questions KR game?

Post by Matthew » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:40 pm

Hi Teunstah

I have one question regarding the game. When you brake whilst using SPM, will the EBS be used, or did you decide to leave it out. Thanx.

From Matthew

[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: Matthew ]

dinknight
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by dinknight » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:33 am

Hi Teunstah, thanx again for your time and would like to forward to you another question. Do you happen to know when the game would be released in other parts of the world, mainly Asia? Or did davilex even consider Asia? Thanks for your time.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by spyhunter » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by math_scott:
<STRONG>Hi Teunstah

I have one question regarding the game. When you brake whilst using SPM, will the EBS be used, or did you decide to leave it out. Thanx.

From Matthew

</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an excellent question Matthew! I can't believe I didn't think of it as much as I love SPM! And EBS was just as cool to see activate as SPM was itself!

Probably the coolest thing about SPM though was to see it activate at night with the lighting behind it! I could watch those scenes a million times and never get tired of them... Too bad it only occurred in 2 episodes and won't be in the game due to no night time missions.

SH

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:05 am

Well, the tunnel will be good for a night drive SPM I guess.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:25 am

Thanx SpyHunter. I was watching Knight of the Juggernaught last night, and when he used the EBS, i began to wonder. Afterall the EBS was just as important as SPM, at least to me anyway.

And i totally agree with you on the SPM activating at night. It really does look cool.

JustinMacri
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:47 pm

and how is the dash coming along?

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Questions KR game?

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:06 pm

Im sure the kind people from Davilex have said the dash wont be changed from how it looks now....or did i dream it up?

Matthew
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:10 pm

No K.I.T.T. i think your right, it has being posted before on Page one of this topic in Teunstahs second post.

[ October 17, 2002: Message edited by: Matthew ]

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Questions KR game?

Post by jup » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teunstah:
<STRONG>(<off topic> I always wondered why he did that and KITT didn't just take voice commands).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I answered this one a long time ago in another thread...now forever lost. Let's see...

Michael Knight was "the pilot" who was usually in charge of controlling the Knight Industries Two Thousand. When he needed to do something that went beyond the basics, (like gas, brake, steering and so forth) he would usually press a button (or series of buttons) to instruct the on-board computer system to perform some sort of action. However, Kitt (the personality) was more like "the co-pilot" of the Knight Industries Two Thousand. Kitt's higher functions were self contained inside a "black box" that was wired into the on-board computer systems. (As well as accessing a great portion of his extended RAM-based memory. Which is why Michael could deactivate Kitt's access at key moments, as Michael was working with the on-board computer and not Kitt's CPU.)

Which means that when Michael was pressing buttons, he was programming the on-board computer systems and when he ALSO talked, he was telling his co-pilot, Kitt, what he was doing AND having Kitt verify/fix/or something the commands from the virtual inside.

Soul Survivor is a great example of how the on-board computer and Kitt work as independant systems.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Questions KR game?

Post by sarfraz » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:22 pm

I recall the game was going to be released atleast Europe wise, on the 18th of October. Now both GAME and amazon says it isn't coming until November.

Sarfraz

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:44 pm

It was always scheduled (as far as we know) for November 8th. Amazon.co.uk seemingly had it wrong (not the first time that has happened. It seemed to be an estimate date that got circulated.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:10 am

Im curious here, the Davilex website says the ability to battle KARR in an arena. Sounds really interesting... Think you can get us some pics of this Neil?

Thanks

[ October 19, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:28 am

Teunstah, you mentioned before the dates that the game will be available in Italy, Spain, Scandinavia but what about New York in specific "Brooklyn"?I'm dieing to get to the point where i ask a gameshop when will knight rider be available on ps2? and i dont get a stare that says your talking about the game on new not ps2 and i say no the new ps2 version.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:17 am

I hate to do this, Knight Racer, but please read through the rest of the threads, and including Neil's game page. It is mentioned that we here in the United States (including Brooklyn, New York) will not be getting it until Q1 of 2003. (January, February or March.) It is only being released in the European Market right now.

knightimmortal

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:02 am

I also hate to do this knightimmortal but i was directly copying the text from teunstah and it doesnt say new york anywhere.If you look very closely to what he wrote you can see that as weel.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:05 am

I hate to do this to you, Knight Racer, but New York is not its own country. It will come to the United States later. Teunstah was listing when it is coming out within the overseas market. And if you read the rest of the posts, plus the section that Neil has worked very hard to put together on the game, you would see that.

knightimmortal

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:28 am

Where is the link to the website Neil worked on?he only way i can get to it is finding one of the posts on the board and clicking the link someone put up in the post.there has to be a link on the front page of the knight rider message board or the first page on knightrideronline.com to go directly to the site.

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:18 pm

its been mentioned in various threads as well as the news section of the site.

its: www.knightrideronline.com/game/

BlazeFox
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by BlazeFox » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:48 pm

The game is being released for the PC as well, right? I want to know what system it will require to run. I'm running Windows 98 on a 433 mhz Pentium 2 Celeron. I hvae 64 megabytes of RAM. So I'm doubtful that the game will work on my system.

But one of my relatives has a Playstation 2 so I will probably get them to buy the game and then I'll play it at their house.

Also, why not have a sort of partial RPG mode where you would actually get of of the car and talk to people? Michale could exit KITT, question witnesses. Chase criminals on foot, explore sewers and buildings. Stuff like that. This way it wouldn't be just a simple racing/shooting game. Of course this is alot to ask when it takes years to design such things into a game.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
Mein Name ist Christopher. Ich bin froh, Sie hier zu haben.

Not to be suspectful. But sometimes people would pretend to be celebrities on this message board.

Perhaps we can relay ideas. Who is better to give advice for the game than us, the fans?

-BlazeFox

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: BlazeFox ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:02 pm

Ok, Blaze, I am going to tell you this nicely.

Neil (the admin for this board) has basically been getting stuff from these guys, and has basically verified who they are. Second, check www.knightridergame.com they have a little bit of information there for you. You will also want to search these threads, because in one of them, they do tell you what computer will be needed, you might also want to check out (as listed before) www.knightrideronline.com/game/

The game is done, it is shipping in Europe in a few weeks, let's let them do their jobs shall we?

knightimmortal

BlazeFox
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by BlazeFox » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:38 pm

Well sorry.. But I haven't been to the board in a pretty long while. Second I'm too lazy to read thru 5 threads. Thats the problem you get when people come back to post questions on an interesting topic who otherwise wouldn't be here. Recurring questions will happen. What are you going to do? Ban everyone who ask a question that has already been answered? And I'm sorry about being doubtful. I was curious. And you know the history of the board with people coming on and saying things. I wasn't around and paying attention to the board when those things were shown. I just now got back on.

I wasn't terribly interregational with my questions. I was rather quite polite. Everyone has things they'd like to see in the game. But if it is already completed then I'm not going to nag.

-Blaze

"Do you speak German? My name is Christopher. I am happy to have you here."

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: BlazeFox ]

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:48 pm

Blaze, maybe if you did read the posts you wouldn't look like a complete moron.

These people and the rest of us have better things to do than to answer the same things over and over again for lazy people.

-Scott

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: Scott Kirkessner ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlazeFox:
<STRONG>Well sorry.. But I haven't been to the board in a pretty long while. Second I'm too lazy to read thru 5 threads. Thats the problem you get when people come back to post questions on an interesting topic who otherwise wouldn't be here. Recurring questions will happen. What are you going to do? Ban everyone who ask a question that has already been answered? And I'm sorry about being doubtful. I was curious. And you know the history of the board with people coming on and saying things. I'll go away now..

*patiently waits for Stargate SG1 to come on*

I wasn't terribly interregational with my questions. I was rather quite polite.

"Do you speak German? My name is Christopher. I am happy to have you here."

-Blaze

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: BlazeFox ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most people would read the topics, and I know the history very well. So should you. Just try to be a little more considerate to the board and the people on it in the future, after all, all of us are working hard to keep everybody as informed as possible.

knightimmortal

KIFT
Recruit

Knight Rider Game Will Be Realised Tomorow In Europ - NEW KR

Post by KIFT » Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:58 pm

Yup T-1 Day To The Realise Of The Game.
I Was Surfing In The Net For Info In The Game And Found A SIte With A NiceKR GAME COVER

[ November 09, 2002: Message edited by: Tiago ]