Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:45 pm

Hello There

Anyone here notice an error in one of the video game pictures? Im assuming these are pictures of Kitt involved in a boss fight. In one of the pics it shows a green Semi in the upper left corner and says "Goliath - Destroy". Now in another picture it shows a green car and says "Car - Destroy" Hehe undoubtedly we've all guessed that this "Car" is Karr. Just a lil nitpicking on my part...hehe hopefully they'll clear that up

JustinMacri
Rookie

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:33 am

I am sure there correcting the chariters name

BlazeFox
Rookie

Two versions of the Knight Rider game........

Post by BlazeFox » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:30 am

¿No habla usted inglés?

The NES game was good. Better than that blocky 2 bit crap that was on Atari.
An even better version would be the KR game for the TurboGrfx 16. There is also Super Spyhunter for NES.

What you are doing here is like trying to compare SNES to Atari. In the world of console gaming the graphical capability takes steps in even numbers. 2, 8, 16, 24, 64, 128.

The new KR game is a >3D< game.. It will have basically the same elements as the NES version, like driving, turbo boosting, tricks. But unfirtunately I read that at no time will you jump out of the car and pursue villains on foot or talk to people. That sucks majorly.

-BlazeFox

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:04 pm

So the new Game you can get out of the car as Micheal Knight and talk to pepole like you can in Grand Thft auto? I wonder about the new gam how will the theme be and will it have a media part to show the Knight Rider story line??????

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>So the new Game you can get out of the car as Micheal Knight and talk to pepole like you can in Grand Thft auto? I wonder about the new gam how will the theme be and will it have a media part to show the Knight Rider story line??????</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look at Blaze's post above you can see it says "But unfortunately I read that at no time will you jump out of the car"

K.I.T.T

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:37 pm

Oh so you can't do that. You just drive KITT

JustinMacri
Rookie

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by JustinMacri » Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:41 pm

what i mean is i am sure it will be all fixed the acter name spelling. I am sure they know the real name from car to KARR

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by jup » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:19 am

Even the NES game had a Michael mannequin.

And, Need For Speed III has a driver behind the wheel. Why not have a Michael driver behind the Wheel of KITT? (Even if all it does is sit there.)

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:43 am

For the longest of time, I considered the NES KR game to be fairly poor. (Very hard, incorrect physics, unrealistic conditions, etc.) But, as I did my thorough web page dedication to the game, I came to the conclusion that whoever made this game MUST HAVE BEEN A TRUE FAN. For about as many incorrect things there are about this game, I managed to list quite a few (unexpectant) positive points. Like about KITT's dash. This was basically a limitation factor of the NES's color pallette. While black would have been more correct, it would have actually ruined the whole graphics approach, making the interior look EVEN WORSE. And, those background graphics. For an NES, they are actually quite decent. (It's even a little freaky looking at the New York background with the Twin Towers up front and the sky ablaze in red. That's just unconscious prediction, there.) And, you can't dis the NES game for bringing back KARR!

Anyway, I have just about anything you could possibly want to know about the NES KR game (including cheat codes and the weird image produced when the game crashes after using one of the codes for too long.) prepared at my web site. It's a sub-sub-sub web page at this URL: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com/kr/neskr.htm

P.S. 2 Blaze: What era Atari games are you thinking of? Most pre-1985 Atari games are pretty primitive in their graphics/sounds. But, once you go post-1985 on the Atari 2600 line, you may find some games that seem impossible to run on this outdated system. One of the greatest examples I can think of is comparing the "street trash" Pac-Man (that game that literally outnumbers all the NES Super Mario Bros.'s carts ever produced...and stank up the system, even in it's hayday.) to the very rare Pac-Man, Jr. (It cuts so close to it's arcade counterpart, how it was pulled off is a marvel of programming secrets. Such ashame that past Ms. Pac-Man, nobody really ever cared.) Well, the 2600 Ms. Pac-Man is no slouch, either.

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: jup ]

JustinMacri
Rookie

Knight Rider Game

Post by JustinMacri » Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:28 pm

Hi,

I was browsing the site that shows the game and today i saw a Picture of Micheal's face. It looked so real to David's true face. I am really looking fowerd to playing this game. And when is the demo version out. And will it have two player battle modes like in The Dukes Of Hazzard? And can you get out of KITT like you can in Grand Theft Auto 3? and witch button will be for Turbo Boost and Super P. Mode and well i wish i can get some new game updates and pictures.

send them here or Macri007@aol.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Game

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:40 pm

When new updates are given about the game, they will be posted on the board for everybody's attention.

knightimmortal

[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Game

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:28 pm

Hey Justin

Gamespot has a hands on version of the game so far and it has been confirmed that you will NOT be able to get out of KITT and control Michael...I have made a thread about that specific topic, check it out when you get the chance

JustinMacri
Rookie

Knight Rider Game

Post by JustinMacri » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:35 pm

So when is the demo disk going to be relelsed? I did the Demo Disk of Spy Hunter at my Cusin's house does any one have a clue when the Demo will be out and i wish i can see ne Pictures of the game and how do i e-mail Delex?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Game

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:25 pm

Nobody knows if there is going to be a demo disk, the only information that we know have been in the threads provided on this subject throughout the board.

I think it is Davilex, and I am not sure how to email them, but please keep in mind that if they are pestered too much, they will either ignore you, or they will decide that it is too much trouble.

I think we should be grateful for what we get, because it is better than nothing, or the old stuff which is what we had before.

knightimmortal

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Knight Rider Game

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:06 pm

Im going with centaurun17.. i would suggest book marking Gamespot's website they are very informative...they are also the site i have been using for my my website page on the game!

K.I.T.T

GameSpot

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Game

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:33 pm

Looks like gamepsot went cheap just like ign.com.There not letting you look at there pics for free anymore.

JustinMacri
Rookie

Knight Rider Game

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:20 am

Sorry but since July i found out about the game i am sorry i am pest. If i did not find out ealyer it would have been a superize on tv

Knight452
Operative

Knight Rider Game

Post by Knight452 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:01 pm

From the screen shots i have(and seen),It's a hell of a better than the old nintendo game. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WhiteSkyWolf
Stranger

Knight Rider Game

Post by WhiteSkyWolf » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:19 pm

Have they released the offical name of it, or is it just Knight Rider?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:54 pm

There are more new pics at gamespot.I've been downloading the video clips at high resolution and guess what?They copied something from Spyhunter.Whenever Kitt Turbo boosts,the meter goes almost completely down,but it recharges to full power very fast.I hope the spm mode works the same way.Also they botched up Garth knight.The face looks exactly like Michael with gotee but his style in clothing is almost a duplicate of Michaels.the jacket and jeans.Garthe never wore those things unless you count Goliath when he wore Michael's clothes because Michael used his to impersonate him.

What i want to know is this.What year is it in the game?82,86,2002?theres no rc3 so it might be after he left cause there's spm mode in kitt.I don't think its 2002 cause Michael looks too young in the clip and devon is still alive.

[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: Knight Racer ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:04 pm

Maybe they never really thought that far into the story, either, maybe they just decided to put out a game without all the backstory and figured that we would just play it anyway because we as a KR community won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:19 pm

Yup. IGN.com also has an update, but i think the pics are the same.

Not to be cynical here, but i expected a huge update in the interior of KITT from the previous shots and still havent seen one. The interior still looks unbelievably poor. I think a lot more work needs to be done of the visuals of this game. Any thoughts?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:30 pm

I think if they want to get it out by November, and what you are starting to see is the final product, and if tweaking it to our standards is going to cause them to delay the game more, then I think we need to step back and look at the larger picture here.

If you feel that the game is not what you want, then I suggest you email them. Just be prepared for any potential consequences.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:33 pm

KI, i dunno about everyone else on this board...But i would be happy if i get a much higher quality game, even if that means a delay. Think about it, i dont think anyone here wants to play a rushed product that was put together just to meet the deadline.

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:48 pm

I agree with Centaurus again. It was the same case with a movie they were gonna bring out last year but instead the director asked for another 6 months so they could brush up on a lot of things.

Time and patience pays off, people! No need for the rush is there? It IS and WILL come out so I think we ought to email them and tell them what WE want. After all, let's face it, they are only making this game for the fans only.

Modern audiences won't be interested!

By the looks of that dash, a 5 year old can even design THAT 'monstrocity'!

Skav