Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer 2000

Knight Rider game preview

Post by Knight Racer 2000 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:30 am

Anyone think that the laser shold have been put into the game?Maybe the grappling hook should have been in the game as well.The dash is a little empty for a car hat has many many systems.I see the locking mechanism in some of the 20 slides i gethered of the game.what can kitt do besides he micro jammerin those situations.I hope bonnie can upgrade kitts weapons to fight the criminals in the game.

LoneKnight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by LoneKnight » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:53 pm

Hm.
Well, if it's for PS2, I'm already seeing rasterized graphics. But, the game overall looks good.
Couple things I did notice: the semi looks like 1st season, while the dash is dangerously resembling 3-4 season. I could be wrong. They do need to add some more detail in that area though.

Other than that, I'll play it.

Knight Racer 2000

Post by Knight Racer 2000 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:17 pm

im very happy the game is comming out son but i am a little disapointed.When i was a kid i used to think the car was the greatest thing in the show but now that I'm older,as i watch the episodes from a new point of view,i see that the story is a plays a key role in the show as well.I'm sure all of us would love to turbo boost over many obstacles in the game,use ski mode to get through real narrow situations,and speed through town at mach 5 speeds but aren't there a few of us that would also like to use michael once in a while and play the lone crusader who was shot in the face and left for dead,then breborn to make a difference in the world?help out the good guys?All i can say is if karr and Garh are in the game i hope there will be some great storyline other then just destroy car,recapture Garth and do a few missions.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Knight Rider Computer Game

Post by knightrider_ni » Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:05 pm

i have some good news about the game. the publicity machine for it that we were concerned about - don't be! if you look at all the different sources we've seen so far, and it's started to sneak into videogame magazines now too. and, get this, bbc-online, which rarely (if ever) reports on videogames, had an entry about the game in its news site, saying its to be a big release. and it isn't even a bbc program! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

i think if we step back and have a look, we're in for a hyped treat [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] cannae wait!

Knight Racer 2000

Post by Knight Racer 2000 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:27 am

I hate to burs everyones bubble but i went to 2 different videogame stores in the mall to verify the release of the kr game and they had release dates up to march of next year (Robocop hits ps2 march 3r)and they said they didnt have any release date for he game or even an entry.They get updates every Friday too.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:24 pm

Could be that it is being released overseas first, and we in the States are getting it later. Sort of the reverse of what generally happens.

knightimmortal

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:34 pm

Generally speaking, video games get released in their place of origin eg mario sunshine in Japan, Rogue Leader in the US etc. Knight Rider is being made in Europe so its safe to assume we (for once!) will get it first [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] ...but I don't expect a huge delay for it to be released worldwide. I heard infogrammes will be distributing the game worldwide (davelix website??) so don't expect to be waiting for months.

Sarfraz

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:37 pm

That's the problem with ending up with your post starting out the next page. My previous post was in response to one from Knight Racer about the fact he heard that it wasn't being released until March.

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:35 pm

Somewhat off topic...

There's a neat little item coming out for the GBA in a few weeks called an E-Reader. What it does is it reads these tiny dots on the edge of specially made cards. Including the full code of classic NES games. And, because the code is printed on baseball card sized cards, the games can be sold dirt cheap for $5 a foil pack.

While it probably wouldn't happen, there's always a chance that the original NES Knight Rider game could be printed upon some of these cards some time down the road.

Though, another benefit of this new adapter could be that the home programmer could make their own GBA games for next to nothing.

Zarate
Volunteer

Post by Zarate » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:19 pm

It seems that the printing ur talking about is 2d barcode which uses vertically and horizontally placed dots to store information like the standard vertical barcodes only it holds alot more

From what i understand it can only hold a few kb and i'm sure the orignal knight rider game is bigger than that

Zarate
Volunteer

Post by Zarate » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight Racer 2000:
<STRONG>I hate to burs everyones bubble but i went to 2 different videogame stores in the mall to verify the release of the kr game and they had release dates up to march of next year (Robocop hits ps2 march 3r)and they said they didnt have any release date for he game or even an entry.They get updates every Friday too.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stores are not very reliable sources

IGN an extremely reliable source with man pictures and notes about this game has said the game is to be released fall of this year. The game developer themselves STRAIGHT from the source has said november

So ur not bursting anyones bubble

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: O and A ]

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>Somewhat off topic...

There's a neat little item coming out for the GBA in a few weeks called an E-Reader. What it does is it reads these tiny dots on the edge of specially made cards. Including the full code of classic NES games. And, because the code is printed on baseball card sized cards, the games can be sold dirt cheap for $5 a foil pack.

While it probably wouldn't happen, there's always a chance that the original NES Knight Rider game could be printed upon some of these cards some time down the road.

Though, another benefit of this new adapter could be that the home programmer could make their own GBA games for next to nothing.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cool! about the home-made stuff i mean... hmm... research research [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

wanna buy the tv tuner for it, ever since i heard about it i've been in manies a situation when i've thought "god i wish i had that!" of course, with big brother over i may need it till next year now [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] teehee.

saying that, i was at work, and the other guys there at the railway station (i work on the trains) were all getting frustrated because the one we were training in that day didn't have a tv on the platform in the porters' cabin and it was the day of the hearing of maxine carr (a british story i'm sure everyone has heard about).

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:22 pm

Actualy thats not entirely correct Q and A.I was expecting Robocop for the ps2 last year,in fact I bought the system cause I was such a fan and it was the clencher among all of the other of the ps2's great features.Well it was said by ign,to come out last year around November I guess from titus and it never showed.I kept checking every week in the new releases book for the game and it wasnt listed.Months later ign said that it will be released next year around March 3rd.

JustinMacri
Rookie

Two versions of the Knight Rider game........

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:23 am

Hi it's Justin,

And i am really looking fowerd to the "New Knight Rider game" and i think the new one is 100% better then the old NES. I mean let's think here for a minute ok the Nse version was like say 2% the steering wheel did not turn the dash board was blue and KITT's cyber light was were the hearter on the part were one of the fins of SPM was later on. And when KITT Turbo Boost he was like doing a wheele like Herbie can do so what is so hot about the NES version the the new KR of 2002?????

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:23 pm

Hey there fellas

After reading the many Knight Rider previews online, I happen to be confused about something...Heres a quote from the Gamespot review

"The game will see you assuming the role of KITT, the sentient black sports car, rather than role of Michael Knight, the character portrayed by David Hasselhoff in the popular '80s TV show."

After reading that, i checked out the preview and pics on [url=http://www.ign.com,]www.ign.com,[/url] there is a nice looking picture of Michael sitting in Kitt

Check it Out

What are your thoughts on this guys?

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:46 pm

Say what?! Did anyone else get that?

Hellooooo? [echo!]

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>Hi it's Justin,

And i am really looking fowerd to the "New Knight Rider game" and i think the new one is 100% better then the old NES. I mean let's think here for a minute ok the Nse version was like say 2% the steering wheel did not turn the dash board was blue and KITT's cyber light was were the hearter on the part were one of the fins of SPM was later on. And when KITT Turbo Boost he was like doing a wheele like Herbie can do so what is so hot about the NES version the the new KR of 2002?????</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>Hey there fellas

After reading the many Knight Rider previews online, I happen to be confused about something...Heres a quote from the Gamespot review

"The game will see you assuming the role of KITT, the sentient black sports car, rather than role of Michael Knight, the character portrayed by David Hasselhoff in the popular '80s TV show."

After reading that, i checked out the preview and pics on [url=http://www.ign.com,]www.ign.com,[/url] there is a nice looking picture of Michael sitting in Kitt

Check it Out

What are your thoughts on this guys?

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
First there are not just "fellas" here there are women also!!
And theres a few threads regarding the game further down the page.

K.I.T.T

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:53 pm

I see your point KITT, so lemme rephrase that greeting...

Hey there everyone....

Now about the other threads, the reason i posted one was the other threads did not contain the topic that i was confused about...If you read my post, my question was about Gamespot stating that the player will control KITT and not Michael, but a render of Michael on IGN...

i did not see anyone else notice this on the other threads and this is why i posted one...

thanks

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:30 pm

Hey Justin. The NES one was great for its time, don't knock it.

knightimmortal

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:34 pm

Plus it's twenty years old- video games have come a loooong way since then. But I still haven't beaten the good old NES KR game! Or Super Mario Bros. Or the original Metal Gear. Or Paperboy. =)

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:37 pm

Well i got it Scott.
Don't forget NES graphics were good for there time...when they were released i only had my trusty spectrum ZX LOL and i thought the graphics were ace.
If you play the game now you will notice its slightly pants compared to PC/XBox/PS2 etc.But at the time it was great....floating back to the 90's now.......

K.I.T.T [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:05 pm

well the onvious answer to that is the pic of Michael is probably part of a movie clip in the movie.Kind of like small clips betweeen missions.notice how there anre no headings of lifebar and other things.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:22 pm

Just a quick note.
Has it been told if William and David will provide the voice over's on the game???

K.I.T.T

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by Centaurus17 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:01 pm

Knight Racer, i was thinking the same thing, but if you look at the front view of Kitt, you can see someone sitting in the drivers seat... Check out this pic

Ive read most of the previews on the game and I didnt see anything on the voice actors...Since Kitt is going to be the main focus in the game, I'm assuming Daniels is a must...

Hehe, till then im sure were all anxiously awaiting the game... Image

JustinMacri
Rookie

Knight Rider Game Update

Post by JustinMacri » Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:25 pm

Well i see what you all mean. KITT will be in the game but Micheal is KITT"s partner and well Micheal is the other part of the Knight Rider world. I know that is how the show became so populor and made it this far. They can't just take Micheal out and put in his car. Look at the Dukes Of Hazzard game for PSX.....