Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krfan1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

knight rider game release date into

Post by krfan1 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:23 pm

Well, I don't mind waiting, but I don't know if they would improve upon the game after releasing it. It sounds too costly to me, but I don't follow video games much anymore, so I could be wrong.

Nick

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:53 pm

Hi Guys Justin here,

I am with my grand mother and i am upset about the new date relese. I can't wait that long for 2003. I mean i have a birthday coming up and i can't servive that long till October 1 2003. Are they out of there minds?????????

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:26 pm

Justin, 2003 is only a few months away. And what magic hat did you pull out October 1, 2003 from?

We're talking Q1 or Quarter One of 2003 which begins with the new year, which is less than 3 months away.

But, if you want to be our spokesperson, how about you hop on an airplane and fly to Davilex Headquarters in Europe and ask them for us.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>Hi Guys Justin here,

I am with my grand mother and i am upset about the new date relese. I can't wait that long for 2003. I mean i have a birthday coming up and i can't servive that long till October 1 2003. Are they out of there minds?????????</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:47 pm

you mean we will get the game in 2002

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:07 pm

No, Justin. A year is broken up into quarters. Quarter one (or Q1) covers January, February and March. The game will come out here in the states sometime in January, February or March 2003. This is not very far away. You will NOT get it for your birthday. You might have to consider it a late Christmas present.

knightimmortal

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:09 pm

Did I not just say Quarter One starts in January, or can you read english?

And to stop future posts, which I assume it wont, all of your whining and complaining isn't helping the situation either.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>you mean we will get the game in 2002</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Scott Kirkessner ]

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:36 pm

so your saying Jannuary 03

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:41 pm

Justin, read, and read carefully:

January, February or March 2003.

knightimmortal

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:27 am

Wow....thanks Neil for that information.
I will keep looking in computer mags to see if they pick up on it!!

K.I.T.T

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:37 am

so why did Devilex mean at first Q4 2002

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:23 am

<STRONG>so why did Devilex mean at first Q4 2002</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How old are you? 5? Don't you know that when any game is in development, release dates are estimated?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:36 am

because they were talking about europe, which is making their target date.

li
Volunteer

new kr game news

Post by li » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:04 pm

was I mistaken or did Garth and KARR actually joined forces at one of the clips?

If so, isn't it exactly what I joked about a week ago, and KI wrote a short fanfic about, amuzing us all?

I guess someone has read our minds, (or our threads - you can see the game was created by a true fan, which one of you is it? take off your mask... [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:47 pm

Li, alot of people haven't watched these videos yet and are waiting for the game to come out. Maybe you could put a spoiler warning on your post since it does contain a plot twist?

li
Volunteer

new kr game news

Post by li » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:52 pm

sorry,

it won't hapeen again [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

JustinMacri
Rookie

new kr game news

Post by JustinMacri » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:17 pm

i hope KITT will be fixed before the releise

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:39 pm

As Neil has said, that was the target date for Europe, you know, overseas, since Davilex is located overseas. They made it over there, so they get it first. We get it a few months later.

knightimmortal

Zarate
Volunteer

Post by Zarate » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:01 pm

About the other consoles availablitiy IGN still has Knight Rider listed for the gamecube

Not sure about xbox but ign is kind of known for being accurate unless davilax decided not ot develop it and not tell absolutely anyone

Mikko L
Rookie

Post by Mikko L » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:10 pm

Oh, I live in Europe.. sometimes it's nice to be first. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Offtopic: My band is releasing it's first album on January 2003. But first only in Finland.

www.the-rms.com

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Here's a Knight Rider Game Idea.......

Post by jup » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Knight:
<STRONG>No, no. GBA has an internal clock, and so did the GBC.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really. And, I was just about to suggest that the GBA, being a cartridge-based system, could always have the clock operated inside the game cartridge.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:08 am

i posted a new thread which seems to have slipped by, i found out some info on the release of the game too - it's definitely on the future lists for nintendo's machines. it could be likely that the PC and PS2 versions will go out first, and then they'll be rejigged for the nintendo machines - nintendo can be like that with some titles, which can only be a good thing if you think about it.

(also look back at the "DH and KR game in UK press" thread.) [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

JustinMacri
Rookie

Post by JustinMacri » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:05 am

i hope we get it in January

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:00 am

Hi,

I've been following the KR newsgroup for over a year now until it got wasted by a bunch of spammers. I just got pointed to this forum, and saw you got quite some long threads on the Knight Rider game.

I'm the game designer for Knight Rider and I've seen a lot of questions and assumptions about the game.

I'll try and answer all of your questions here, or maybe we should do a little IRC get-together if it gets too busy :P

We're still busy finishing the game, so don't know how much time I can spend here [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So ask away :P

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:47 am

Thank you for coming to the board and welcome! I'm thrilled that someone from Davilex took the time to come here and post.

The comments so far have been based on the videos that have been released both here on this site and at various gaming sites, but not on any actual play of course and the suggestions could be wrong based on that, since they are images that are dated months ago.

A few of comments, that people have mentioned have brought to our attention are things doing with KITT.

1) First, when KITT goes into SPM mode in the TV show the scanner moves with the bumper that moves forward and raises, in the game, it stays on the main part of the chasis.

2) The color of KITT. Many people have questioned this. In the images that have been release KITT appears to be a purple color. Is this the way he is in the game or is it just the way the KITT on the promotional material is going to look?

3) The interior dash. From the images that we have seen, it isn't that detailed. In the intro video designed for the game, the dash is highly detailed, however, the dash in the game isn't as detailed. will this be corrected?

One question I have is are there any levels in the dark? I've played spyhunter for the PS2 and the game is great, but there are no night levels. will there be one for your game? I know there is at least a night vision level with a mine shaft, correct?

thats all I can recall for right now, I'm sure others will be making comments as well. I just ask those that do to please treat him with the same respect that you wish to be treated with. Don't expect that every comment you make will be changed. Davilex has no requirement to follow everything we ask, so please don't be upset if they don't.

Oh, and one other thing they brought up. What platforms will this be released on? The information I have recieved has been PS2 and PC only, however other websites have mentioned that XBOX, Gamecube and Gameboy Advance will recieve adaptions.

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: neps ]

Newcastle knight
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:04 am

Hey cool, thanks for taking time out to come and post here [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

i have a couple of questions as im sure everybody else has:

1. The Sound effects. in the video's ive seen i havnt heard and of the sound effects from the TV show, apart from the scanner and Super pursuit mode. so im wondering are they getting put in ?

2. Im just curious as to who the voice artists are in the game ? and did you try and get David Hasselhoff, William Daniels etc to do the voices for the game ?

thanks.

scott