Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:27 pm

Does this mean that we are getting bad in our elder age, or just that we have game mania on our minds?

(I lost my mind years ago, though. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

knightimmortal

JustinMacri
Rookie

new kr game news

Post by JustinMacri » Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:24 pm

It's just a game you guys i know we all like Knight Rider but you can't blme for the SPM transformation. Maybe they wanted somthing new who knows

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>It's just a game you guys i know we all like Knight Rider but you can't blme for the SPM transformation. Maybe they wanted somthing new who knows</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What!!!

Justin, in thread:Knight Rider Game clip

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Hi guys.
I saw the clip of the intro and it was so cool i mean not only it shows KITT's front wheel from the dessert but two. And the SPM morphing it all looks so real i mean man this game is going to be hot. It seems like all the need to do is here and there and then compete mode and the shppments to the USA. I want the new KR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Justin, in another thread of the same name Knight Rider Game

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>i saw a Picture of Micheal's face. It looked so real to David's true face. I am really looking fowerd to playing this game. And when is the demo version out. And will it have two player battle modes like in The Dukes Of Hazzard? And can you get out of KITT like you can in Grand Theft Auto 3? and witch button will be for Turbo Boost and Super P. Mode and well i wish i can get some new game updates and pictures.

send them here or Macri007@aol.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
So when is the demo disk going to be relelsed? I did the Demo Disk of Spy Hunter at my Cusin's house does any one have a clue when the Demo will be out and i wish i can see ne Pictures of the game and how do i e-mail Delex?
I could go on but Justin, please don't tell us its just a game when you need to chill out also!
Im sure if they are basing the game on "Knight Rider" with a black T/A with red scanner and SPM. They would be basing it on the 80's show and would not give the car a new look..i don't think they would be allowed to do that without permission.

K.I.T.T

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:27 pm

Justin, i agree with K.I.T.T -- Davilex cannot give the car a whole new look. Even though none of us know for sure, 99% it looks like they made an error with the SPM mode. But hey, maybe they'll have it fixed.

Ok, just another cynical nitpick here, but is it me or does the Knight semi look ridiculously small? Especially from that pic that shows KITT from the interior looking into the truck...

Bah maybe im just imagining things....lol

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:51 pm

hey people, if you did not know, the images that you are looking at are from a beta. Davilex is still putting changes on KITT and on the gameplay. While your observations are great, I'm sure they are taking ever step to keep it as true to form as possible.

Rest assured when this game is released, it will be the best Knight Rider game ever. (Compairing that only to the NES version, but still [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img])

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:56 pm

While it may be a beta version, remember that a playable version has already been released to game reviewers/testers. Usually at this point in time, a company adds their finishing touches to the game, and corrects small bugs here and there.

From what gamespot said, the playable version they received was at times quite frustrating. But hey i'll try to keep an optimistic attitude about it.

Hehe, your right about that though, it will be the best KR game out there.

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

new kr game news

Post by jup » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>Rest assured when this game is released, it will be the best Knight Rider game ever. (Compairing that only to the NES version, but still [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img])</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let us not forget that the NES version is not the only Knight Rider game out there. It's just the most common one. There's that Turbo Graffix game that I've never played. (Didn't look TOO impressive, though.) And, there are those TWO Commodore 64 Knight Rider games. (I found one for an emulator. Pretty poor game, from what I played of it. Didn't impress me one bit.) And, there's suppose to be this Atari 2600 version...out there...some where in the universe. And, even the NES version was based on a handheld KR game. But, even with it's flaws, I'd support the idea that the NES version is the best "classic" KR game out there. (Hate those granny, no reasoning drivers in that game.)

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

new kr game news

Post by jup » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Does this mean that we are getting bad in our elder age, or just that we have game mania on our minds?

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this case, it pretty much means that I'm never quite sure if I named the sub-directory KR or KnightRider or KRGame or something else...and same goes for the page's html name.

I couldn't even tell you what most of the html pages are named at The Big List site. (Believe it or not, that site has html pages by the hundreds...even though the majority of the site's interface revolves around a dozen or so pages. (Just like Mike's site. So many pages NOT linked very well to anything.)

libolt
Volunteer

new kr game news

Post by libolt » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>

Let us not forget that the NES version is not the only Knight Rider game out there. It's just the most common one. There's that Turbo Graffix game that I've never played. (Didn't look TOO impressive, though.) And, there are those TWO Commodore 64 Knight Rider games. (I found one for an emulator. Pretty poor game, from what I played of it. Didn't impress me one bit.) And, there's suppose to be this Atari 2600 version...out there...some where in the universe. And, even the NES version was based on a handheld KR game. But, even with it's flaws, I'd support the idea that the NES version is the best "classic" KR game out there. (Hate those granny, no reasoning drivers in that game.)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe I once ran a Knight Rider game for the C64 on an emulator and it was pretty much the same as the NES version, but it's been a while so I might be off.

Mike

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>While it may be a beta version, remember that a playable version has already been released to game reviewers/testers. Usually at this point in time, a company adds their finishing touches to the game, and corrects small bugs here and there.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

speaking as someone who has access to the game (more on this later) the beta is playable, and what I have is probably exactly what gamespot has since they came from the same people. Beta methods may varry from company. Yes, usually betas are just for squashing bugs, but they also use the feedback they recieve to improve upon the final product.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>

speaking as someone who has access to the game (more on this later) the beta is playable, and what I have is probably exactly what gamespot has since they came from the same people. Beta methods may varry from company. Yes, usually betas are just for squashing bugs, but they also use the feedback they recieve to improve upon the final product.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my...you have a copy of the beta eh?? (Bowing down to Neil) LOL How bout hooking up your fellow New Yorker here with the game...

Heh of course im jus kiddin, I guess since that's the case, you're gonna be our voice when it comes to getting Davilex to improve the game....

Go Neil!! GO! (pounds fist on table) Fight for our cause!!! LOL

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:49 am

for those of you without access to ign.com's website or just curious enough to find it elsewhere, I have made some movie's available online.

they are from a press CD from Davilex, and there is more if you like what you see.

the famous knight rider intro, pain stakingly recreated for the video game. http://homepage.mac.com/neps/intro.mov
4.3 MB

Over 7 minutes of gameplay. http://homepage.mac.com/neps/gameplay.mov
39.8 MB

the ending of the game? SPOILERS!!!! http://homepage.mac.com/neps/outro.mov
3 MB

They are all 320x240 resolution (half res basically) in Quicktime format. All videos are work in progress and will be improved upon for the final version!

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: neps ]

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:55 pm

Hey newcastle, just a suggestion but you might wanna put a Spoiler warning before your post...Some people might not wanna know a lot of the stuff you posted until they get the game....

BTW, Thanks a lot for the videos Neil! I've been looking for gameplay footage for the longest without having to subscribe to gamespot....Thanks again

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Stylez » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:08 pm

Thanks a lot Neil, its much appreciated!

Stylez

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:22 pm

Thats great of you Neil..But i think i will sit out of watching them.
Want the excitement when i buy the game and play it for the first time [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

K.I.T.T

Newcastle knight
Operative

new kr game news

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:35 pm

oh crap, your absolutley right, im really sorry if people didnt wanna see the clips !

scott

Newcastle knight
Operative

new kr game news

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:52 pm

i just watched the 7 minute in game footage clip and this must be said..

NO NO NO NO NO !!

KR sound effects are everything and how many did i hear ??? none ! no turbine's, no turbo boosts sfx or anything. i cant believe it, if they havnt put in any original sound effects by time its released im gonna be really disappointed.

scott

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:11 pm

ok im not gonna spoil anything here, but to those who saw the 7 minute video clip, some of the audio is down right hilarious....especially kitt's, michael's, and karr's voices.

I agree with newcastle though, there are no sound effects in the gameplay mode, hopefully that'll be changed.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by spyhunter » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:27 pm

Thanks for the clips Neil!

But I have to say I am also extremely disappointed about the lack of real sound effects. Could the motor sound any less like KITT's, or any car for that matter? And what is that mess when he is scanning? Sounds dredful...

I also disapprove of so much turbo/ski, I mean KITT is hopping and skipping more than Mario & Luigi!?! In the show, Turbo Boost and Ski Mode were used only when absolutely necessary and made for a very dramatic scene. In the game, you are using it on a whim every 10 seconds!

It is also terribly unrealistic when KITT rams innocent civilian vehicles on the road, and nothing is said or done about it!

It looks to be basically at the level of the Dukes of Hazzard game that was out several years ago, which was not very good. Maybe at a lower level because they didn't even take the time to use actual voices...

After the release of Grand Theft Auto 3 (and soon to come Vice City), I tend to think that any car based game that doesn't live up to or exceed the standard that Rockstar Games has set is really a waste of time.

SH

KITTsMac
Stranger

Knight Rider Game

Post by KITTsMac » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:43 pm

My roommate told me last week about the new Knight Rider game. I went to check it out on the web and was extremely excited to see it advertised as being "for all platforms." Unfortunately, all platforms did not include Macs. As a Mac user and and KR fan I was disappointed to see that the game would not be coming to my platform of choice. Now, I've noticed in browsing fan sites that there are a lot of KR fans that use Macs and so I'm asking for your assistance. In this posting I'm including links to both the web sites/email addresses of the developer and publisher of the game and am asking that you take five minutes to write to these people asking them to consider porting the game to the Mac. Even those of you who read this and aren't Mac users, if you would be so kind as to write as well so that all fans might be able to play what looks like will be a truly great game!

Thank you,
Chris Gray

Developer Feedback site: http://www.davilex.com/press/formContact.asp
Publisher Contact email address: crash.bandicoot@unistudios.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Game

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:52 pm

Look at it this way. If the game is a success, they might expand it to the Mac platform anyway. So keep up hope in at least that area for starters.

knightimmortal

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:00 pm

From what we're all seeing, its fairly obvious that this game is being made solely for die-hard fans of the shows. No matter how bad it is im sure most of us will end up buying it anyway.

I think some aspects of the gameplay are very poor. KITT looks silver to me, and the ski-mode and turbo boost are way over used and poorly done as spyhunter pointed out.

I dunno Neil, these look like extremely major changes that need to be made in approximately one month. I doubt any huge changes will be made, and as much as i hate to say it, i have a gut feeling that the game will be a disappointment.

neps
Site Administrator

Knight Rider Game

Post by neps » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:19 pm

While I am a Mac user myself, the truth is we are a meer 5% of the computer public. And of that a slim to none are knight rider fans. Davilex is a small publishing company, and I don't think we should hold our breaths. They are launching with PS2 and PC versions. Since XBox is based on PC architecture, I can't imagine that being far behind. I haven't heard them mention anything past that. If you really want a mac version, you should contact MacSoft or the like. A mac company that makes a living on converting PC games to Macintosh.

I did hear that there is a new programing tool that cuts the time considerably in going from PC -> Mac as it helps readdress the DirectX code to Mac quickly. So, I guess in the end, who knows. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:24 pm

all valid points. I have pointed my contact to this website, and hopefully they will pay attention to what their target audience is saying.

I guess we have nothing to do, but wait and see.

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:22 pm

Hey, the Spiderman game never used the real actor's voices from the movie but it was a very good game, even if a little frustrating.

I wouldn't worry about the FX right about now. It's one of the last things they program into games and I think they'll make huge improvements on it.

Skav