Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:56 pm

I told you that if you felt you wanted to do such, to email them. But one has to wonder where it all ends? It is never going to be perfect for everybody, everybody is going to have their complaints, if they listened to every complaint, there would be no game. Just take that into consideration, that is all I am saying, so don't ya all get on the 'burn knightimmortal' bandwagon.

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:00 pm

No, I agree. But we should email them to just request the best they can make! And judging by certain things, they can be made much better.

So let's hop to it.

Skav

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:04 pm

KI, i dont think anyone is getting on your bandwagon at all. This is not just a minor complaint about the game. Davilex is not a big name game designer, so no one is expecting a perfect game, not even close to perfect.

But the fact remains that the PS2 and most PC's these days are extremely powerful machines. That dashboard and many of the other visuals that were shown do not even come CLOSE to taking advantage of the power of these machines. I agree with Skav in that it outright looks pathetic.

If a delay is what it takes to get it right, well im willing to wait to get a high quality product.

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:07 pm

I would have LOVED to have Sony do the game. They are good at designing games, i'm a boxing fan, and ive played some of the best boxing games that they have designed. very realistic and the graphics are intense!

there are hardly any visuals on that dashboard and the least they can do is make kitt talk. the PS2 is more than capable of that!

Skav

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:10 pm

Oh, one more thing. That release date of Novemeber sounded dodgy from the beginning! Sounds like they are just making this game to make a bit of money and not taking consideration for the real fans and what they want.

The Jason X movie, a Friday 13th movie sequel, was done for the fans but they waited a long time to get that out cos they wanted to do it carefully and make it enjoyable. ok, they failed at that cos it sucked but at least they took their time.

Davilex could at least do the same!

Skav

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:24 pm

As much as I want that Skav, i seriously doubt seeing Davilex delay the game. The fact is, the original release date was October, but davilex pushed it back to give them some more time to work on it.

I doubt they'd do it again. Who knows how the game will be. Even if its terrible, its obvious that most fans of the show will probably buy it anyway. I on the other hand am going to give the game a rental before shelling out the dough.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by sarfraz » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:34 pm

Sorry Skav, but I rather Sony not but their finger in this. To be totally honest, I can't remember a Sony game, rather many that are made by third parties and produced by Sony. I can see somebody like Rare doing a very decent job, but this is a mute point. Davelix is making the game, and we should be grateful for that atleast. I'm not sure that many other companies would have concieved about using the Knight Rider franchise and convinced that the game would be a success. There are many much larger games companies than Davelix, so it does make you think.

I'm not sure if the dash was simplified to make any info easier to read but its looking seriously plain.

To anyone who does not have a PS2 or PC, what are we to do. Theres been very little news about when work will re-commence on the other platforms. I suspect that their production will be entirely dependant on the success of the PC and PS2 version. Still we maybe lucky to get some extra's not added in the PC/PS2 version, its happened before.

Sarfraz

[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: sarfraz ]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:11 pm

To the guy who said Michael and kitt dont talk,I posted on the other updates i gave from the video clips that i've watched that they do talk.Its not their voices but very ery close.

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:09 pm

That must be me. Ah, I'm so glad about that. I wished it was their original voices but that's okay. Better than captions.

Skav

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by spyhunter » Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:19 am

Hey, thanks for keeping us updated Knight Racer!

I'm dying to play this game... But am still amazed with all of the research they must have had to do, that they could miss something as simple as KITT's scanner in SPM:

SH

situ
Volunteer

new kr game news

Post by situ » Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:10 am

I hope that some of these pics are new to you.

Screen shots

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpyHunter:
<STRONG>I'm dying to play this game... But am still amazed with all of the research they must have had to do, that they could miss something as simple as KITT's scanner in SPM:
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

found some images of SPM. The scanner is there, however the image you have is at too high an angle to see it. Look at this image:

CK
Operative

new kr game news

Post by CK » Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:17 pm

Spyhunter, I didn't think the scanner in SPM was a whole lot different. I always thought it was just the angle of the camera. They seemed to shoot up from the bottom a lot. And, eewww that last pic of Kitt with the strange scanner.

Cheri

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:33 pm

Yeah i definately agree with K.I.T.T on this one. It's very easy to get hung up on the opening CG. Remember, those are NOT the real time graphics of the game, they are FMV graphics. Personally, from the gameplay pictures i've seen, the graphics do NOT look that impressive. But who knows eh?

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:13 pm

yeah, i don't like the scanner on the actual KITT in the game. its quite out of size. its too wide and big if you grab a screenshot of kitt from a front angle. Image

the semi looks awful too. just look at it on you're right.

it seems they've gone with a season 4 or higher though cos the screenshot of michael has his hair shortened like he did in s4.

Skav

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by spyhunter » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:34 am

That's a perfect picture of the opening credits SPM, Neil!

Maybe it's not as simple as I thought...

Courtesy of www.knightreplicas.com, here is the real KITT in SPM:

So, as you can see the scanner is up on the extended nose, and not down under the hood, as in the game.

Maybe they saw this as a more realistic approach to the transformation, since regular KITT and SPM KITT were technically different models:

SPM KITT used a faint and skinny scanner similar to the horrible first episode KITT model with the scanner in the front end:

SH

[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: SpyHunter ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:58 am

The pic Neil posted of SPM in the credits looks ace!....Though for many, that could be very misleading for the entire game.
The beginning graphics may look good...but i think keeping an open mind to the game play is an important factor. I would think its so easy to spend allot of the expenses on credits and promotional pics then putting it all in the game play
Just my view pence worth.

K.I.T.T [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by sarfraz » Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>Yeah i definately agree with K.I.T.T on this one. It's very easy to get hung up on the opening CG. Remember, those are NOT the real time graphics of the game, they are FMV graphics. Personally, from the gameplay pictures i've seen, the graphics do NOT look that impressive. But who knows eh?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah, deja vu, didn't we talk about this before!

You know, looking at the in-game graphics, I'm convinced this could easily have been done on the Dreamcast. The KR in-game graphics don't look state of the art. Now what about the gameplay From what I've heard on games websites, we won't be sliding KITT around corners like in the show. Don't let this get you down, they may tweak that between now and when the game gets released.

Sarfraz

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

new kr game news

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:01 am

Didn't Nintendo come out with a Knight Rider based game back when Nintendo was competing with whoever they were competing with back in the '90's?

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:55 am

Yes sir...the game was released for NES console..

Ok on the topic of Kitt's dashboard....Here's a picture of a KITT model made for the game Midtown Madness by a fan.

I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but to those who havent, please compare this pic to the one of the PS2 version.....

Maybe Davilex should hire this guy to design their game...LOL

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:37 am

WOW...being a big fan of all things Midtown Madness, i really love that pic!
I have a section within my site on K.I.T.T in MM2, that pic looks like its from the first game.
I have my dash pic of K.I.T.T in MM2 and its not as good as the one above.
Wow its a very impressive. As you can see mine has a major hint of season 2 though it has SPM, while Centaurs is A more better looking season 4 KITT.
My Midtown Madness Page

K.I.T.T

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:10 pm

Yes, Nintendo came out with a KR game back when Nintendo was one of the hottest gaming systems out there, before the gaming system wars got started, It's only real competition back then was Atari, and even then, Nintendo blew them away.

Trust me, when that is your last memory of a KR game, the new one is a HUGE improvement.

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

new kr game news

Post by jup » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:12 pm

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:32 pm

I couldn't for the life of me remember your address for it, jup. I'm so sawwwy.

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

new kr game news

Post by jup » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:38 pm

No problem. Neither can I. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I always have to look for it through the site's navigation before posting...then test.