What characteristics did you like about Bonnie over April?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What characteristics did you like about Bonnie over April?

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:04 pm

Here is a question for you Bonnie lovers out there. Many have stated that they liked Bonnie more than April. Now you get to search into your souls and figure out what it was that you liked about Bonnie, that you didn't like about April.

I personally thought that Bonnie was more believable as a computer tech. April was eye candy that didn't seem half as smart as Bonnie, while Bonnie just seemed like she could possess the intelligence she was credited with.

KI

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:48 pm

Bonnie did seem more credible, or rather, Patricia McPherson did, in the role. I've read a couple of those old interviews with Rebecca Holden, and it seems to me that if the powers that be had just let her put more of 'Rebecca' into 'April', then her character wouldn't have been so objectionable. The writers aimed at making April into eye candy, that's what is so annoying.

But yes, Bonnie was a better technician - April suited more the 'executive assistant' role she seemed to fall into. I like to imagine, however, that April was hiding a deeper, more intelligent level, and playing dumb because that was how Devon 'Elbow Steerer' Miles and Michael saw her :wink:

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:21 pm

The difference can be summed up just by looking at how each of them was dressed in the opening credits, at least during the first two years.

Bonnie: in a pair of white coveralls with the FLAG logo on the back.
April: in a button-down shirt with the bottom tied up to expose her midriff.

Now which do you think is more likely to be getting her hands dirty with car repair and computer programming, and which one is going to be sitting around painting her nails waiting for Devon to come back from a dinner date with Elizabeth Knight? :)

It was also in the chemistry as well... even after the writers abandoned any intention of Michael and Bonnie ever hooking up, there was always some really good sexual tension going on between the two of them. Bupkis with Michael and April.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:49 pm

Excuse me for being a male here for a second:

I have a thing for smart Brunettes.

And when you're that young, it's the things like that decided it for me.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:12 pm

I'd choose brunette over blond any day. lol. Good job my present gf is brunette even though my last one wasn't.

Still, I don't mind as long as personality is great.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:14 am

I think the main thing which makes Bonnie better is that (at least after season 2) she is more of a sister to Michael than a flirt. There is a real sibling love there. With April, it was more of "let's flirt a bit for flirting's sake." And yes, Michael did flirt with Bonnie in season 1 at times, but even then she always held herself with dignity and respect.

As I have said before, April had her moments. But even I don't think of her as a premiere Foundation mechanic...as Devon's secretary maybe, but not mechanic.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:24 am

what bothered me about april was those huge glasses. i always thought they were annoying. goodness, i was wearing glasses back then and they weren't half as big as those were.

plus, april's more of the girlie-girl floosey type. bonnie's more buff, tom boy-ish and rough around the edges. not afraid to get her hands dirty.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:52 am

April was HOT, no doubt about that.

Bonnie had SOME brains i guess but it would have been better if that those two hemispheres of her brain where elsewhere.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:43 pm

excuse me? bonnie hat a lot more brains then that floosey april had any day. besides, i'm female and can't really agree with who's hotter, but i always thought bonnie was prettier. april had that giant hair.

april's voice was too soft to really play that role well. she wasn't assertive enough.

KITT
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:08 pm

As the Spice Girls used to say...

GIRL POWER!!!!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djbrad98
Volunteer

Post by djbrad98 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:43 am

april's voice was too soft to really play that role well. she wasn't assertive enough.

KITT[/quote]

howdy all....new member here....your right...april was only really assertive in the 2nd "garth" episode...when she stands up to him

if she were like that more often, she might have been better respected

i still like bonnie better tho :D

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:07 am

I think the thing which made Bonnie better was the chemistry between the actors both real and scripted...

Bonnie was part of the family.... The way her and Micheal used to get at each other, the little comments and jokes made it work.

April didn't have the chemistry, she was an outsider from the start.

>>>>>>> Testostrone alert!!!<<<<<<<<<

And Bonnie was way better looking than April...Although April had a great mid-rift.

mmmmmm

I need to be alone now...
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:28 pm

ok, ew.

KITT