The Wrong Crowd

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Wrong Crowd

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:34 am

I have a few questions about this episode.I only got as far as after Rc3 gets jacked by the bad guys and kitt goese to spm mode.I have a few questions about the episode so far:

1.Why didn't Michael and kitt just go into spm mode to catch up to Devon and Bonnie?I know it wasn't an emergncy situation but they still should have used the mode to make up for lost time.Even regular pursuit mode would have been ok if it was still functional by the fourth season.I'm not sure if it was replaced with spm mode or not.Anyone remember ktt going into regular pursuit mode in the fourth season.

2.When they went into spm mode right next to the hitchhiker,kitt asked,"He was going in our direction."Indicating they should have picked him up.To which Michael replied,"We never pick up hitchikers."Maybe this is the shows way of teaching the younger generation never to pick up hitchikers or never to be one either but as many of us recall,the episode short notice would have never happened if Michael didn't pick the woman up.Why did they decide not to pick the guy up?I'm guessing because he wasn't relevant to the episode,and it would take too long to get his gear in the trunk,plus the fact that Rc3 was in trouble so picking him up would take a few minutes more then they had.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:35 pm

SPM was used for emergencies only, that much is pretty much noted throughout the series. SPM may have been a heck of a drain on resources, more than we saw. (In theory, it should be no matter what.) and Michael and KITT were not all that enthusiastic about catching up, they were pretty much taking their own sweet time.

KITT still had regular pursuit mode.

The hitchhiker was a side plot not to mention, Michael and KITT were still on a mission. Picking up a hitchkiker wasn't logical, and by season 4, picking up hitchhikers had started to become taboo. (Not to mention, it was a male, Michael would pick up a female no matter what.)

KI

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:50 am

You said that kitt had a regular pursuit mode in season 4.Which episode wa it in?I don't recall it ever being used ever since spm was installed.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:46 pm

Any time that KITT accelerated up past regular speeds, it was into pursuit mode. They didn't announce it to the world because it had become common habit. Look a lot closer.

KI

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:55 pm

Please list me one episode you see in the 4rth season where it showed pursuit mode on kitts modulator without Michael pushing the pursuit button.I'll look alot closer at any episodes you list.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:15 pm

Ok, I am not going to take time out of my busy schedule to look over the episodes for you, (especially with the somewhat unnerving challenging way you asked for that.) but there is one incidence that does stand out. With the fourth season configuration, in the opening credits, KITT's little light goes from Normal to the little red light that is Pursuit Mode.

Not to mention, KITT generally does not have useless functions, yet Pursuit still has it's own little place listed under KITT's voice mod. If it were no longer a necessary function, they would have pulled it off. And of course, while KITT is in SPM, his Pursuit light seems to automatically come on. I think it is generally safe to say that the function still exists, just because the prop guys didn't feel like turning the light on (a common problem throughout the series, especially in the 4th and last season where they cut a lot of corners) doesn't mean that it didn't exist. One of the definitions of Pursuit Mode was that they were in it when they went over a particular speed. You will even notice that they purposely didn't focus in on KITT's vox box during this time, to cut down on that special effect.

Stay tuned.

KI

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:13 pm

Hi Knight Racer...i will look through a few episodes for you tonight!! Im sure whenever Michael and KITT were not in SPM but chasing something, the pursuit mode was engaged!

I will though check a few episodes for ya! ;)

K.I.T.T

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:20 pm

Thank you very much K.I.T.T. I realy appreciate that.

Knight Immortal,just because the light is changed from normal to spm in the credits doesn't mean squat.The reason the light went from normal to pursuit is because that is what happened when you go into spm mode.I realy think regular pursuit mode was never engaged in season 4.If you provide some proof that would be great.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:21 pm

Not with your attitude, I won't. But I can't provide proof otherwise presently, so I guess you must be right, huh?

KI

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:43 pm

Whewww ok well i noticed in the episode Hills of Fire, the episode where Michael fights the help Darryl, as hes wronly accused of of starting a massive forest fire.....and who could forget good old Knight Of The Jugganault which of course we see KITT in Pursuit mode....though im still watching the rest but so far hes used it lol

Hope it helps my friend

K.I.T.T

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:55 pm

To be honest I think that someone needs to have his eyes tested ;)

Behemoth

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:01 pm

Would you care to go on??????

K.I.T.T :!:

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:11 pm

Wasn;t referring to you but to the instigator of this thread and his stinking attitude towads a moderator.

Behemoth

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:40 pm

sorry dude...please accept my appoligies

K.I.T.T

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:42 pm

Thats alright mate :) No need to apologise :)

Behemoth

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:11 am

Behemoth wrote:Wasn;t referring to you but to the instigator of this thread and his stinking attitude towads a moderator.

Behemoth
Not that I care about your opinion of my attitude but before you pick on someone make sure you get the whole story from both people not just a friend and someone you hardly know.A judge who only listens to one half of the story is a blind one.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:45 am

K.I.T.T wrote:Whewww ok well i noticed in the episode Hills of Fire, the episode where Michael fights the help Darryl, as hes wronly accused of of starting a massive forest fire.....and who could forget good old Knight Of The Jugganault which of course we see KITT in Pursuit mode....though im still watching the rest but so far hes used it lol

Hope it helps my friend

K.I.T.T
Do you remember which scene in hills of fire it was that I can check for the pursuit light or what kitt said.In Knight of the juggernaught,I think you might mean to say before kitt gets his spm mode put in.Aside from the before spm mode period in that episode he never went into pursuit mode again in that season.

I'm not looking to pick a fight.I just want to be proven wrong about this.I don't mind that at all.As long as theres proof. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:42 pm

i think that maybe normal pursuit was a default thing since SPM was installed.

it could depend on how hard michael presses down on the pedal, that normal pursuit would be engaged.

just a guess so don't judge me too harshly....although michael would need considerable skill to not press down on the pedal in order for pursuit not to be engaged.

but that's why Wilton picked him :D

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:29 pm

Knight Racer wrote:
Behemoth wrote:Wasn;t referring to you but to the instigator of this thread and his stinking attitude towads a moderator.

Behemoth
Not that I care about your opinion of my attitude but before you pick on someone make sure you get the whole story from both people not just a friend and someone you hardly know.A judge who only listens to one half of the story is a blind one.
Knight Racer, curb your attitude, if you don't care, then don't post about it, otherwise, don't snap at people for what they are seeing for themselves on the board. If you can't properly interact with others, then I do suggest that you take a break from here.

As for the initial subject, you have gotten an answer, I suggest you pull out your tapes of that episode, and look deeper for yourself, before you continue to insult people and their intelligence around here. If it is there, then it is there, and you will be able to see it for yourself.

Knightimmortal

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:14 pm

Hey Knight Racer- shut up. :x

We don't need your disrespect here on the board or your attitudes, so either you straighten up and fly right, or get out.

-Scott
Knight Racer wrote:Not that I care about your opinion of my attitude but before you pick on someone make sure you get the whole story from both people not just a friend and someone you hardly know.A judge who only listens to one half of the story is a blind one.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:20 pm

Knight Racer, please stay right where you are.

I think that Pursuit Mode is something distinct from simply driving very fast. "Pursuit" implies following or chasing something, so that maybe in regular pursuit mode KITT's scanners would be configured a certain way or there would be other things going on beyond just the high speed. Of course, that would mean that Super Pursuit Mode would be somewhat misnamed, because Michael rarely actually chased anything in SPM.

These are just theories I'm coming up with, but Knight Racer's question is legitimate. Let people like K.I.T.T and me help him and the rest of you can drop out of the discussion if you don't like his so-called attitude.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:03 pm

I would check "Many Happy Returns" and "Knight Racer" Kitt used High speeds in both of those but didnt use SPM. I think in Many Happy Returns you do see Pursuit.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:15 pm

hey, all of you. stop. it isn't your place to decide how this situation should be handled. if you disagree with it, there is a way to deal with that. no one should be asking Knight Racer to leave, however it shouldn't be expected to have everything handed to you.

Yea, I always thought "Pursuit" mode was for when they were chasing after something or someone. If this was the case then SPM was named wrong. Although SPM was never used to chase a bad guy, it was used to get to some place quicker, to "catch" up to that place faster. So it was in "pursuit" of its destination. I guess its a bit of a stretch.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:24 pm

Speaking of SPM not being used to chase bad guys. Ever notice Michael would always button up before entering a dangerous situation with one exception "Scent of Roses" anyway I have a theory on this. While there really isn't any proof of it in the series. When Bonnie invented SPM Kitt didn't have the MBS. It was reapplied later. So my theory is that when Kitt is in SPM the gray area's under where all the stuff pop out might be vulnerable spots where the MBS wouldn't have been applied. That would be a possible reason why they all but once didn't take SPM all the way into danger.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:33 pm

Great minds think alike, I always had that theory as well. It would also be an accountable theory as to why they never considered slamming through things in SPM, why they didn't turbo boost, that kind of thing.

KI