Great Scene Cut from KOTD

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Great Scene Cut from KOTD

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:02 pm

One of my favorite scenes was syndicut from Knight Of the Drones (part II). The scene where Michael and Devon first see the new improved Kitt, and basically where Kitt shows off his new features was completely cut. That was a bit disappointing, anyone else feel this way?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:14 pm

i was watching 'white bird' on one of the kr sites that was letting ppl view it online and i was surprised to see how much of the american version is cut.

all pointless scenes really but theyre still the ones that, to me, create the most impact.

but what u described just takes the biscuit.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:19 pm

I guess they figured that since some of the gadgets were used one time only, or in the case of the IGP, it was "Re-introuduced" in the next episode, They didn't need that scene. But STILL....(Did they ever use the thermo Dynamic generator?) The Polyphonic/anharmonic synthsizer bit was hilarious.

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:39 pm

They ticked me off a bit there too. As soon as MK and Devon went through the curtain suddenly there's Kitt backing out :? I told my son,"There they go again cutting up the show" so I had to fill him in.

Cheri

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:44 pm

Okay- show of hands here- how many of Us actually SAW the show in it's original run?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:51 pm

*raises hand* Many of us did, but at the same time, many have seen the uncut version as well.

KI

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:54 pm

Um, isn't that the same thing?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:16 pm

Um....you do know that some of the episodes are available on tape?

There is a big difference between seeing the original run, and seeing it on tape.

KI

Garth Knight
Recruit

Post by Garth Knight » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:45 pm

*raises hand*
I saw all of the original airings of the episodes.
I was hooked from the first time I saw an ad in TV Guide
just before the first airing of the pilot.
Yes, there is a difference from seeing it on tape to actually
being there.
When the episode originally aired you couldn't fast-foward
through the commercials. :lol:

KRAvenger
Rookie

Post by KRAvenger » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:27 pm

knightimmortal wrote:Um....you do know that some of the episodes are available on tape?

There is a big difference between seeing the original run, and seeing it on tape.

KI
Okay, what are We talking about here- I'm talking about people who ACTUALLY saw the show when it first aired, and remember there were certain scenes cut out of certain episodes, like KOTD. Other than the Columbia house version, and whatever bootleg copies that might be out there and i have yet to find, who would KNOW there are scenes missing from whatever episodes?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:40 pm

You are a bit of a strange person, KRAvenger, you yourself just said that people beyond the original airings, with their VHS copies of the original would know that there were scenes cut. That is what I have said, is that you wouldn't have had to be around for the original series to know that there were cuts.

And the point of this entire thread before you jumped in with your 'who all has seen the original airings', was the cut scenes. Most people who bring them up, know that there are scenes cut, and they don't have to be original airing viewers.

KI

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:17 pm

yeah that was a great scene from kotd, if they wanted to cut a scene, they should have cut the taxi scene with the 2 old people saying "young man take us to the airport, we'll send for our luggage later"

i have a feeling this was related to kitt and the drone tbird passing the cab during the first chase scene in part 1. but you cant really tell if its the same couple (unless that part was cut)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:41 pm

It is the same couple, they are the humerous sub plot throughout the episode, this poor old couple keeps getting terrorized while trying to embark on their vacation in San Francisco.

KI

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:10 pm

thats what i figured, but they cut it from part 1, and i hadnt seen part 1 in several years.

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:58 pm

Also did anyone notice the inconsisantcies of the dash board in this Ep? Look at it you see the new dash in Part 1 even though i got the original Airing Ep. you do see the dash of the new improved version of KITT at the Prison. Also did ya notice and figure out why KITT vs. KARR was made? They had possible one car left of the older KITT style so they had to use it someway somehow. There is a ton of stuff cut out if ya ask me it is sickening to see how much they cut out and break it down into 2 parts. It is rediculous and saddening also look at Knight of the Jug. What ashame to that ep also. A Total useless but usefull scene also was in therw with the freeway. What questionable scene but also does leave ya trying to figure out why and what it belongs there but it kinda answers itself. Its kinda double guessing and double thinking in many eps.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:53 am

With the Kitt v Karr reference, i don't think its that they had a car left over, but they had to give Karr the season 1/2 dash to salvage at least a little consistency. Granted Karr had a new license plate and an amber scanner, but a completely new dash would have been ridiculous. But yes, i agree that there are a good amount of scenes cut from KR eps.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:28 pm

LMolineux wrote:Also did anyone notice the inconsisantcies of the dash board in this Ep?
The S1&2 dash vs. S3&4 dash inconsistencies run through most of the third season. They were at their most glaring, though, when we see it at the prison and at Margo's house in Part I.

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:22 pm

I saw the original UK runs, pitty I'm too yung to actually remember much of it :(

Behemoth