Most hated/loved moment from Knight Rider 2000

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Most hated/loved moment from Knight Rider 2000

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:22 am

Ok, here is another love/hate question for you:

What was your favorite moment from KR2K? What was your favorite aspect about the whole movie?

And...

What aspect did you hate about the movie? What moment made you cringe the most?

I loved the way that KITT evolved and showed a little bit of anger by being treated the way he had been. It was sort of similar to KARR the way he kept acting out, and making not so nice commentary. I think if I were taken apart, and thrown into storage, I would be a little ticked too.

I hated the way they made Michael into such a loser, and at the same time, hated the way they treated KITT, and gave that jerk Maddock such a high esteem, while making Devon look like he was obselete as well. Just bugged me to total aggrivation.

So what moved you? :lol:

Knightimmortal

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:30 am

Devon died.

What oter moment could any one love/hate?

firebird91
Volunteer

Post by firebird91 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:39 am

the part that bothered me the most was when Michael was sitting there with the soldering iron trying to connect some of kitt's circuits. Since when did he even have close to the knowledge to do any of that? They never showed a technician either.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:25 am

I loved......

it when the end credits rolled.

I hated......

Basically the whole film.

That might not be technical but there was very little to say 'wow' at. I guess I liked it when KITT was on water (in the tomato mobile) and just the fact that KITT was BACK. His presence made it feel like a KR film.

I hated the future concept

Hated Maddock

Hated Devon dying but in some ways that's good

Hated the lack of action

Not sure about Watts. I guess I didn't like the villain either

Ending sucked BIG TIME

And the first time I saw KIFT....*pulled a look as if to ask if i was watching the right film*

I think that sums it up as being a waste of time to make.

*has visions of the new film going the same way*

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:26 am

YEa KR2000 was a huge letdown back in the early 90's...no black T/A and the whole future 90's-2000 looked bleak with KITT being dismantled etc but then again did the Knight Foundation have much going on besides KITT and Michael and what happened when they retired? TKR?

I can see it....

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:34 am

I loved the idea seeing Kitt and Michael again after a long time.
But that's nearly all.

The villain was bad, the future storie was bad, I hated the Knight4000 (red is not the right color) and I hated nearly all the other aspects that were mentioned before.

But what's really bad: There were no turbo boosts, no typically KR fun and the car had none of Kitt's cool abilities like sky mode.

Hope the new film starts where the series has ended. :roll:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:46 am

The part I loved the most was when Michael punched out Maddock.

The two parts I hated Devon's murder/ finding out Kitt was dismantled.

And I still believe Kitt could have scanned Devon being knocked out by the police, but not that stupid 4000.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:26 pm

Loved:

KITT's comments to the 4000 and about the chevy.

Hated:

.... jeez... not enough room here. lol

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:54 pm

I loved the part when Maddock and Shawn run to the garage just as Michael is finishing installing Kitt in the Knight 4000. It felt good to see that familiar light in the font of the car again. I kinda dug the Knight 4000, just the wrong color!

I hated the whole Chevy thing. How a nearly 50 year car would have the wiring to support something as complicated as Kitt is beyond me. And not saying it would be totally out of the realm of possibility, but where would Michael find the insight to perform such an operation? The Chevy was just plain fugly. MK should have found an old Trans Am to put Kitt into....god that Chevy was fugly :x .
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:12 pm

I enjoyed when Kitt was put into the Knight 4000 body. The transformation from the trans am, to being scrapped, to the chevy to KIFT was nice. Michael being this retired fisherman coming for one last run just was a bit to cliche for me, and Devon did not have a big enough role in the film as i felt he should have had. The whole character of Maddock was just anger inducing.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:52 am

I loved Michael and Devon's reunion at the house. It was great to see the two characters together again, and the affection they had for one another (although I couldn't quite believe they hadn't been in contact for ten years).

I loved having Kitt back again (even though he wasn't really the Kitt we know and love, both physically and psychologically).

I loved the scene where Michael decks Maddock.

I loved the climactic fight between Michael and Watts (made a change to actually see someone give Michael a run for his money).

I hated....

The fact that it was so obviously handing over to Shawn, relegating Michael's role (sort of like Michael and Kitt playing second fiddle to David Dalton and Joanna St. John in "Mouth of the Snake").

Shawn's attitude.

Kitt's behaviour.

Devon's death and Michael's admission that "one man can't make a difference" (although I do appreciate why they're in there, and *are* excellent dramatic moments -- in the whole Knight Rider mythology).

The Knight 4000.

Maddock.

The "Future".

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive
- http://members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:14 pm

I loved... Knight Rider 2000! :)

Actually, there were a few points in KR2K that I didn't like- namely Michael suddenly gaining techno-know-how, the unexplained absence of Bonnie, KITT in the Chevy.

Devon's death was a stinging moment, but hey, it sure worked to get us to love to hate Watts, didn't it?

Overall, IMHO, KR2K had a great storyline and good plot elements, altho I think Rob Hedden could have done a better job writing it, it was a great start to a new series with a new team- remember the underlying theme of the movie- out with the old, in with the new.

-Scott

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:51 pm

Ya know, I wouldn't be embellishing that motto of 'out with the old, in with the new', many people find that rather insulting.

KI

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:56 pm

I agree with you Scott. I too loved Knight Rider 2000. I even liked the Knight 4000, even the fact that it was red. Red suited that car, and i think that considering it was meant to be set in the future it was very good. It wasnt too over the top, and i loved the bar coded reg plates 8)

I know we didnt see the car do much, but Devon mentioned it was superior in every way to Kitt, and so if there had've been a series made, we may have got to see the Knight 4000 turbo boost etc.

I also have a possible solution to Bonnie's absence and Michael's knowledge to rebuild Kitt. There were about 14 or 15 years worth of FLAG that we didnt see. The first 4 or 5 were michaels last years where he may have learnt to rebuild him, i mean he has helped Bonnie in the past, such as in JYD. Also in all that time anything could've happened to Bonnie. She coulda died, or still been around but not seen, in the same way she wasnt even mentioned in the Pilot.

I agree KR 2000 woulda flopped had it been released to cinema but i think in my opinion it was a great film for tv to introduce us to the new KR generation, sadly it didnt happen.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:36 pm

I probably wouldn't have minded the 4000 either. I just hated Kitt being dismantled so much that anything after that would automatically leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:36 pm

My worst moment of KR2000 wasn't a specific scene, but rather a general feeling about 10-15 minutes into watching it when I realized that it was being played out as a spin-off for new characters and not primarily focusing on Michael & KITT (at least as we knew them). I accepted my disappointment with the movie very early on, and basically just went through the motions.

My favorite moment... and this will sound odd... is when they killed Devon. Yes it was sad and I didn't want to see him go, but I have so much respect for the fact that they followed through with it. It's such a cliche to kill off a character and then bring him back or say "wait! he's not really dead!". For what was essentially a kiddie show like Knight Rider to kill off a major character, it was a bold move.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

K.I.T.T.2002.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T.2002. » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:04 pm

I agree that it would have been good to see KITT in the black transam instead of that old chevy. the 'future' concept might have worked for the film if the producers had Watts have some kind of weapon to disintigrate the MBS then that would make more sense for KITT to be in the body of the K4000, combine that with what happened to devon, and michael would have had a really good reason to get Watts.

I did not like the inclusion of Shawn :cry: , Michael :D could have came back and easily kept his role in FLAG. I didnt mind Maddock, when i saw him at first i wondered straight off if something might happen to Devon, unfortunately i was right.

Had those 'tweaks' happened, i believe that Knight Rider would have been repackaged and been in a much better place to launch a new series.Only thing is i just dont think it would have been as great as the original run though. anyone agree?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:41 pm

I think a WHOLE lot more tweaks than that would have had to occur to make it a viable continuance to Knight Rider, including having a writer that actually watched the original series rather than try to reinvent it, and slap a talking car and Michael in the middle.

-I think Shawn would have worked, if they had gotten an actress that could act. Michael never would have, because Hasselhoff was very dedicated to Baywatch at the time.

-Maddock's character needed to be re-tweaked. The aggressiveness could have been an interesting change from Devon, but yeah, Maddock didn't seem to know a single thing about the Knight Foundation, it's missions, any of the sort.

-The red car, no no no no no.

-The future concept was a total screw-up, since even back in 91, it was pretty apparent that some of those changes would never come to fruition, but at least they didn't go into the flying car concept.

There were many things that had to be tweaked, so much so that it would have had to be reinvented, at which point, that would't be tweaking anymore.

KI

K.I.T.T.2002.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T.2002. » Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:43 pm

Fair point(s) KI. I agree that entire 'movie' would have needed a massive overhaul to reach the levels of expectancy that I and many many other KR devotees have come to expect. reviewing the film since i wrote this, it is very much out of line with what the original series was like.

How much of an impact did Glen Larson have in that movie? coz i notice his name is on the credits. i guess they didnt consult much with previous producers/directors either then, am i right?

In fact most of that 'movie' is an embarrasmnt to the KNIGHT RIDER franchise.

K.I.T.T.2002.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T.2002. » Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:47 pm

How much of an 'impact' did Glen Larson have in that movie?
I meant 'Input.' Sorry. :oops:
Last edited by K.I.T.T.2002. on Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:48 pm

Glen Larson didn't have much of an impact on anything past KR, for that matter, he didn't have much of an impact on anything Knight Rider past the pilot for the most part. He handed everything over to his producers, and his other managment people, and went off to do other things. The reason why you see his name appear most of the time is in honorarium, to be able to use the name and the characters that he created. His input is not much at all, and in Knight Rider 2000, that is definitely the case.

KI

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:23 pm

The creators of such films, tv programs etc always get a credit even though they may only have created the name....Mr Larson thought of the name Knight Rider, so in turn anyone who makes a future film or Tv show using the Title or the charecters within, will always have to credit the creator for the use of them...thats what i think happens anyway...what do i know lol ;)

K.I.T.T

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:04 pm

well i guess i shouldnt be so set on seeting KR2000..

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:05 pm

Don't let other's sway you- form your own opinion and see how good KR2K is ;)

-Scott
chadwick626 wrote:well i guess i shouldnt be so set on seeting KR2000..

Viper
Stranger

Post by Viper » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:49 pm

Bad points:
- Bonnie wasn't in it
- Devon's murder: how could they?!
- the Knight Industries 4000
- KITT having been dismantled at the start

Good points:
- DH was in it as MK
- KITT was in it