Don't know.

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crusing
Recruit

Don't know.

Post by Crusing » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:03 pm

Dose any one think David might have diffrent feelings about making the KR movie because in the show he was not realy recognized as much as Kitt.

Without David the show would have made no scense. I always thought that Baywatch was realy the show that David was recognized for his acting job.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:10 pm

Considering he is executive producing the movie, I think he has pretty good feelings about the entire show and it's concept. You have to understand, in these interviews where David seems to be putting down Knight Rider and his role in such, he is displaying his rather dry sense of humor.

Hasselhoff helped make the show, otherwise, it would have been a show about a talking car with little else. KITT couldn't have done what he did without human assistance. Hasselhoff couldn't have done much without the car, including his actual singing career.

KI

KITT's admirer
Volunteer

Post by KITT's admirer » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:19 pm

is daved going to be in the upcoming movie or are they going to find someone to replace him

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:20 pm

Nothing official has been stated, about the movie, they are probably waiting to see how well he heals first.

KI

Jayn
Volunteer

Post by Jayn » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:01 pm

This is exacty what happened in the "Dukes of Hazzard," during the 5'th season when Bo and Luke left the show the WB thought they can replace them thinking the General Lee was the star. But in reality the viewers actualy watched for the actors... If they replaced David I know I wouldn't watch it..

Jay

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:42 pm

I wouldn't say this is the same thing. The actors left because they were unhappy with the show/salaries/producers/whatever. Hasselhoff is involved with the movie because he IS still happy with the show and producers and whatever.

And I'll call your bluff: :) Even if Hasselhoff isn't in the movie, I think you'll still go and see it. We all will.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:52 pm

knightimmortal wrote:Considering he is executive producing the movie, I think he has pretty good feelings about the entire show and it's concept. You have to understand, in these interviews where David seems to be putting down Knight Rider and his role in such, he is displaying his rather dry sense of humor.

Hasselhoff helped make the show, otherwise, it would have been a show about a talking car with little else. KITT couldn't have done what he did without human assistance. Hasselhoff couldn't have done much without the car, including his actual singing career.

KI
If the series didn't star David Hasslehoff wouldn't we all still have loved the series and the new movie?The role could have been played by any other actor.I'm not saying that I didn't like how he took this role and just made it look awesome but I had this question a while ago and never posted it.This looked like a great chance to.

I also wonder sometimes,would we love trans ams as much as we do now if kitt wasn't a trans am?Did the series help boost sales for that model?If so I think its a bad move for Pontiac to take it off the market at this time.If they waited a few years,the model could have at least went out with a bang.It all depends on if the movie would have featured a 2002 trans am though.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:57 pm

It's so nice to see that you can so willingly discard Hasselhoff. Yeah, it could have been played by another actor, but he still made it his role. There was a reason why he was selected for the role, by people who were a whole lot more qualified to judge some tone of success than we are.

I don't think a lot of people would have watched it with some actor who couldn't make the role his own, which Hasselhoff did. And after seeing the demise of some of the other KR spinoffs without him, those who still remain faithful to the actor are still justified in standing behind him.

And if you had been reading past posts, you would have also seen that Pontiac didn't support the series in depth after the first season, because of the problems they were getting over a super car that they couldn't sell. Pontiac didn't take the Trans-Am off the line because it wasn't liked, or because it wasn't selling well. They took it off the line because they have been trying to phase it out for some time, and have made mention that they are redesigning it to adhere to the newer safety standards.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:40 pm

I became a fan of David because of Knight Rider. I probably would have enjoyed it with another actor. However now I wouldn't as much now David to me has become Knight Rider.

Jayn
Volunteer

Post by Jayn » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:58 pm

Oh no I wasn't talking about why John and Tom left the "Dukes" I just met if they didn't have David as Michael I probably wouldn't watched KR. As like it might have said on here before, it isn't the car that makes the show, it's the draver and if KITT didn't have Michael, there wouldn't be much of a show. 8)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:37 pm

In the case of Knight Rider, the car DID make the show. It was the defining element of the series. Hasselhoff certainly had a lot to do with making the show successful, but you could still have made Knight Rider without Hasselhoff. You can't have Knight Rider without a talking car. That would be like Airwolf without a helicopter or Charlie's Angels without the women.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Nick H 82
Stranger

Post by Nick H 82 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:03 pm

I think that Knight Rider needed both of the elements. Michael and Kitt... Team Knight Rider had way too much going on and so for the viewer, it was kind of like picking your favorite, but in their case, it was difficult to pick a favorite because Michael and Kitt were not in their. I thought that Pontiac discounted the show, because the show took a lot of their cars and jumped on some ramp, and then destroyed the car. But I can see why they did not like the competition between Kitt and your everyday Trans Am. I like T/As because of Kitt, I still plan on buying an 82 and knight riding it out...

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:24 pm

Falling in love with KR as a three year old is why I kike Trans Am's so much :) I also plan on buying many Trans Ams!!!

Nick

Nick H 82
Stranger

Post by Nick H 82 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:47 pm

The only worries that I had as a kid was if I was going to make it home in time for KR. I remember being four years old crying when my mom said that knight rider was going of the air... She said that Michael Knight was going to be a lifeguard, and I was not about that!

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:03 pm

They took it off the line because they have been trying to phase it out for some time, and have made mention that they are redesigning it to adhere to the newer safety standards.
That isn't true at all, GM has never made mention officially or off the record that they are redesigning the Trans Am to adhere to safety standards, the fact is that they've never said if it will ever come back at all. To say otherwise is misleading.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:46 pm

They have too, one of the performance magazines back last year sometime made mention of it, and it was brought to this board, in addition to the fact that Pontiac's site had made mention of it when they started the phase out.

I guess Pontiac and GM are just trying to mislead all of us then, huh? I guess the evil members of the board are just trying to be mean to the other members of the board, huh?

KI

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:37 pm

What a performance magazine says and what GM officially states are two entirely different things. Mags say that the next Camaro will likely utilize the sigma platform and be RWD and V8, GM on the other hand doesn't even say that there will ever be another Camaro.

Bob Lutz himself jokingly said that maybe the nameplate will be dorment for the next 30 years who knows....

Pontiac has NEVER said that the Trans Am is in a redesign, by redesign I would take it to mean it is coming back and again they've NEVER publicly mentioned that either.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:43 pm

Have it your way.

KI

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:50 pm

What is that supposed to mean?

The Trans Am was phased out because it didn't adhere to '03 safety standards (GM knew this in 96) and the cost would be prohibitive to redesign the platform for 2 models that sold relatively little that's the reality. You've got your facts mixed up as they've never ever said they were redesigning it.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:53 pm

I don't have my facts mixed up, but since you are going to fight about it no matter what, I am not going to play. I am just reporting what had been put on this board before, not figuring that you would take it so personally.

KI

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:57 pm

Not taking it personally at all, but can you cite these facts? Where's the Pontiac press release, the return of a nameplate as known as Firebird/Trans Am would warrant a PR. How did you come to the conclusion that the T/A is in a redesign? You're basing you're facts on a magazine?
Last edited by Tarmac on Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:01 pm

I'm sure what you're saying is accurate as to what was posted here, but that isn't the reality, GM has never said the Firebird/TA is being redesigned, that's all I'm saying...

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:06 pm

Fine then, you are right, I am wrong, do you want to keep carrying it on, and on? I brought out what was presented on the board, which if you are discounting that, then we can just as easily discount you as well. So let it go, ok?

Ki

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:11 pm

BTW I'm not fighting with you at all, why do you think that? Is it possible to correct a false statement you make and not come off "fighting".

When you matter of factly state that "The Trans Am is in a redesign to adhere to safety standards" it makes it sound like it's on hiatus and will return and GM has said (which they haven't) that's misleading and will give people who don't know any better false hope, just trying to correct that, forgive me for trying to help.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:13 pm

It was a statement that was made on the board in the past, that came from Pontiac and a performance magazine, that is all. And maybe some people need to have some hope on occasion, rather than bitching and whining about Pontiac dropping it for no good reason at all.

But like I said, have your way.

KI