Just saw this on Futurama

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Just saw this on Futurama

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:32 pm

I was just watching Futurama on Cartoon Network and saw this. The esp. is about Bender (the robot on the show) getting hit by a "werecar" and then turning into one at midnight. The only way to stop it is to kill the first werecar. While trying to find it they talk to a robot about how it all started. It was at a car company trying to make an evil car called Project Satan. And the car was made from the parts of cars owned by evil people. And they were showing the cars. When listing off the parts he lists KITTs. It went like this.

Robot: "The windsheild wipers from the car that played Knight Rider."

Fry: "Wait a minute Knight Rider wasn't evil."

Robot: "Uhh, yes it was. It was his windshield wipers that were evil. It wasn't brought alot on the show."

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:43 pm

LOL!!! :lol:
Man... I have to use that in a story some how... That's funny!

Cool find.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:47 pm

There's a still and soundfile from the episode here:

http://teamknightrider.com/culture/futu ... urama.html

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:48 pm

Thanks for kicking that one up, we sort of lost that one somewhere on the board.

KI

Crusing
Recruit

Post by Crusing » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:36 pm

Remember the episode of The Simpsons where they had Kitt in it and Homer was watching Kitt on a projection screen but the film caught on fire.

Also remeber the imitation Kitt on The Simpsons Knight Boat.

Imagine a Knight Boat replica whoa. :shock:

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:32 pm

Um, ok folks, that's enough jumping up and down over a few sentences in a few cartoon shows about Knight Rider. After all, how pathetic does this make us KR fans look? I too, was excited until I realized that most of us on this board were probably the only ones who got as excited as we did. Lets just say we saw it, liked it, and moved on.

Crimony

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:11 pm

I'd agree with you knightynight if this was the World Human Rights messageboard. But this IS a Knight Rider board, where people specifically come to share their excitement about the show. Those cartoon comments ARE very cool, and many people are seeing them for the first time. I personally love hearing about Knight Rider pop culture references. So I say share in the excitement!

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:31 pm

Plus, there isn't a whole lot to discuss about Knight Rider that hasn't been brought up multiple times before - Futurama and the Simpsons included. And look what happens when 'cerebral' topics are chucked into the ring - novices and experts clash for two pages of a thread, and then the thread gets locked down! :shock:

At least Kitt and his 'evil' wipers are a relatively safe topic! :wink:

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:44 pm

No offense, but that was not a 'cerebral' topic, and I do ask that you kindly not mention conflicts in other threads.

And SadArticle, if you are so bored of the threads, then I do suggest that you submit more threads that would be of interest to you. (The same goes for all of you who seem to be more content with bringing up a bad side of the board, rather than embellishing on the good.)

Knightimmortal

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:01 pm

Woah! Woah, there! *Dives under the nearest temporary cover*

The participant may not have been cerebral, nor his approach (or content of thread), but the subject was: AI. And it seems, from recollection, that other 'technical' topics have generated a little "good-natured back-and-forth" too. That old semi-ramp thread, anyone? I was just saying that Kitt's appearances in Matt Groening's programmes are marginally safer than any 'scientific' (running out of appeasing synonyms) offshoots.

And if repetition of thread topics occurs, it's nobody's fault. It is hard to think up new approaches. I do keep it in the back of my mind, believe me. Hey, I even like the 'Old Favourites' - Favourite Quotes, Funny Scenes, etc.

I don't know how you managed to take that to heart, but sorry, threads do crop up again and again.

Sarah

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:15 pm

My point is: why bring it up? It was not good natured, it was a miserable time, and in the past, we have had AI discussions that spark debate. That happens on a message board.

It just seems like you were being a bit negative about it, rather than doing something about it, and of course, opening up a bit of a wound that took three hours to close last night.

And we actually need the small things to soothe the savage beast, so we will go halfers on that one.

KI

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:11 am

It wasn't negative, it was honest. And it seems to me that the only reason the thread that will remain nameless took three hours to close was because you kept rising to the poster's bait.

I do try to post new things, and I support topics that are slightly different - wasn't there a funny thread about who cleans Kitt, or something? That made me smile, and it was something new to play with.

I was only responding because it seems silly to think that certain topics, or people's replies, are 'beneath' this board. Mike hit the nail on the head, and I was venturing my thoughts on why a topic like Futurama still gets enthusiastic responses.

You seem to agree with the fact that 'humorous' threads serve their purpose, so what's the problem?

Sarah

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:21 pm

The problem is, once again: why bring up the bad?

KI