KR 2010

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crusing
Recruit

KR 2010

Post by Crusing » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:47 pm

I am not trying to get no one mad but in the movie KR 2010 the car they used, to me at least was just ugly looking. :x

I mean it realy did not even look sporty it looked liked something was just put together. I don't know if you ever seen a picture of the front of the car but what was that little square thing that had one of the headlights on it. I also wondered what kind of car was used in the movie?

Strange design.

KR-Ukkeli
Stranger

Post by KR-Ukkeli » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:39 am

that is Corvette.
what square thing?that red light?[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:50 am

Ahhhh, yet one of the reasons why KR2010 isn't exactly acknowledged as a true KR spinoff.

According to the Knight Rider Legacy, it is a Mustang, but they purposely went overboard trying to give it that 'Mad Max' futuristic look. I never really went in too deep trying to acknowledge what each glued on part was, thought.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:57 am

If I had my opinion KR2010 wouldn't even be acknowledged as KR ever.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:48 am

I liked the movie but didn' feel it deserved the name Knight rider.On its own it was pretty ok just needed a different title though.

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:18 am

i liked the movie, and would actually rank it above both TKR and KR2000.

i know, first time i watched it i was very disappointed with it, the way it was a completely new story, but a few months later a few friends of mine wanted to see it and so i watched it with them again, this time KNOWING (as did they, i gave them a heads-up!) that it wasn't the michael/KITT story.

looking at it from that fresh perspective from the outlook i thoroughly enjoyed it, and felt it had a great "knight rider" feel to it. now i don't mean "feel" in the literal sense because it IS a very different (and more adult) beast than our beloved show, but i just feel it stayed more true to the morals and the motto behind KR than the other spin-offs did, only taking a 100% new approach.

maybe that was the best approach...? because certainly any spin-off that has tried to follow on from the 80's story has fallen way short.

and i actually liked the car. it went well with the setting (though maybe having it in the year 2010 was a little soon) and i liked the tongue-in-chekk reference when all those other sports cars were uncovered one-by-one. as they did that, they were (in my opinion) deliberatly doing so because many people were probably keen to see which big flashy car would be next in the series ;) (it would be what people would expect, but this film did a terrific job for me in going against the grain to be completely unpredictable) and jake just shot them all down with a quick comment. when the final car was uncovered and the other guy (whose name i forget... for the first time ever! lol!) just complained about it but jake saw the proper "foundation" of a well-built and strong car i thought it was terrific. and the powerful music when they rolled it out after putting it together was great ;) i sat back and just thought "oh hell yeh!".

i liked the way that, if it had gone to a series, that another underlying theme would have been the unrequited (to an extent) relationship between jake and hannah. i mean, they're in love, they ARE together, yet at the same time they're not. would have been interesting and very character building.

at the end of the film we also had all of our KR characters in place if you think about it: Jake (Michael), Hannah (KITT, and maybe to some extent stevie), jake's bro (devon, as he was the sheriff and jake was going to be helping him out with special missions etc that only him and his car could handle), the guy from the desert (bonnie) and the young guy with the tank (RC).

sorry i can't remember their names, after all it's been a LONG time since i saw it and it WAS only the one episode... hmm... but i DO have an idea for a fan fic ;) hehe.

yeh i know, i waffle don't i? lol. at the end of the day, an overall star-rating (out of five) for this compared to the spin-offs would be:
KR2000 = **
KR2010 = ****
TKR = **** for two of the episodes, an average of ** out of five for the other 20

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:33 am

I do agree about the stevie logic. She died and although stevie wasn't resurrected, it was one of the most memorable things about the film.

I liked the car too. Probably because I love the mad max films!! Him getting revenge because of the murder of his gf was a throwback to SOR, i believe.

They probably got the inspiration from both KR and Mad Max.

Probably more so with Mad Max because of the apocalyptic setting, the car, characters etc.

Mind you, i still hated the film though. Just that the ending was memorable about it...the film just dragged on and on and there wasn't exactly much action in it.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:43 pm

yeh i think they were concentrating on setting up the characters and events for future episodes. i liked the way that each character was a lot more three-dimensional than the ones introduced in the other KR spin-offs, for me anyway.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:44 pm

And I still think you got into the good stuff, and you aren't sharin'.

KI

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:08 pm

Anything post-apocalyptic is cool beans in my book, and if you remove the KR title from it and look at it from a new perspective it is an interesting story. Since it had KR in the title, I was hard pressed to find somekind of link to the KRs that had gone before. I remember after watching it the first time wondering how the world got into such dire straits after watching the utopian world of KR 2000! If you dug KR 2010, check out a little known flick called "Cherry 2000" with Melanie Griffith. It's a lot better in my opinion.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:54 am

Army_F_Body wrote:Anything post-apocalyptic is cool beans in my book, and if you remove the KR title from it and look at it from a new perspective it is an interesting story. Since it had KR in the title, I was hard pressed to find somekind of link to the KRs that had gone before. I remember after watching it the first time wondering how the world got into such dire straits after watching the utopian world of KR 2000! If you dug KR 2010, check out a little known flick called "Cherry 2000" with Melanie Griffith. It's a lot better in my opinion.
maybe 2010 was too close a year, i always thought it was, but then again maybe it wasn't back in 1994(??) when it was made. maybe this would have made a good skr3000? ;) hehe. jk.

paulknight
Volunteer

Post by paulknight » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:55 pm

i also do not think it should have been considered knight rider. maybe if the car had a scanner though

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:07 pm

just look at terminator. that holocaust was meant to be way back in 1997 and with the upcoming T3, its gonna look laughable!!

mind you, what they did in T2 might delay the holocaust to another year.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;