Seasons: Best and Worst

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Count Dracula
Recruit

Seasons: Best and Worst

Post by Count Dracula » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:16 pm

What is your fav season? What is you least fav season?

I like season 1 the best. Thier is not one episode I dislike in that season. And my fav episode of all time is in season 1.

I dislike season 4 the most. It had vary few original plotlines, the super persuite and ebs were stupid editions and made KITT less realistic, RC was a lame charicter, and David had the ugliest hairdo in the whole show.

Kirin
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Kirin » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:22 pm

Definately the 1st Season!! It was more mature and somewhat more serious then Seasons 2-4. The antagonists in the 1st Season felt more real, like they could possibly really exist. The story lines felt more real and more mature too.

The 1st Season didn't have that campy comic book feel that Seasons 2-4 did. From the get go of Season 2, we get a cornball villain like Garth Knight and his diabolical plans to take over the world, which set the hokey tone for the rest of the series. Even when KARR came back, he became a standard camp villain. KARR wasn't like that in the 1st Season.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:35 pm

Season 4 is my fave cos of the fact that the episodes were more harsher and realistic in tone!

Sometimes, it felt like i was watching a feature movie...see Sky Knight for an example!

And you don't call that an original storyline for KR?

KR was nearly full of racing storylines. That's what i found irritating about the show ie Give me liberty or give me death, speed demons, Knight of a thousand devils, 19th Hole etc.

Just because the show featured a futuristic car doesn't mean they should have entered KITT in a race all the time!!

And I prefer Michael's hairdo in season 4 the most. The first 3 seasons, his style was way 70's cheesy.

I'm glad they tidied it up!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:30 pm

^The 4th season had the excellent episode "Scent of Roses".

But I do not agree that the 4th season was "harsher and more realistic".

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:32 pm

My favorite season is three. It would have been two except for two things:

1) April.
2) Mouth of the Snake

Three just seemed to show a more down home, more comfy atmosphere than the rest, and it didn't go so over the top and out there, and then rehashed like season four did. There was nothing realistic about the majority of season four. The only things that will allow me to acknowledge the existence of season 4 is "Scent of Roses" and Killer KITT. Everything else...it stank! (Don't even make me go into DooDoo Knight)

KI

Count Dracula
Recruit

Post by Count Dracula » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:00 pm

knightimmortal wrote:My favorite season is three. It would have been two except for two things:

1) April.
2) Mouth of the Snake

Three just seemed to show a more down home, more comfy atmosphere than the rest, and it didn't go so over the top and out there, and then rehashed like season four did. There was nothing realistic about the majority of season four. The only things that will allow me to acknowledge the existence of season 4 is "Scent of Roses" and Killer KITT. Everything else...it stank! (Don't even make me go into DooDoo Knight)

DooDoo knight? lol. I assume it is for VooDoo knight.

That is how I feel about season 4. I won't buy any DVD's or VHS tapes for the season, I think it is pretty much worthless.

I love the season 3 episode where Kitt loses his memory. I forgot what the title of the episode is called though.

KI

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:04 pm

Lost Knight

KI

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:41 pm

I think the rotten apples, was the dumbiest episode of the hole 4 seasons "hay the right on ranch"
A bit lame to say the least.
At least it was only one episode like this, lots of other show's had many a dump episode Magnum pi comes to mind a lot of the later episodes of that show were painfull.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:33 pm

Btw, must say, even though S4 is my fave season, it also holds the honour for worst ep, in my opinion: KNIGHT SONG!!!

An incoherent mess!

Rotten Apples was only marginally better than this.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:42 pm

I like season 1 and 2 the most. If it hast to be one fav season, then I'd say season2 becouse there was the most memorable episodes in my opinion such as Knightmares and Soul Survivor. Season1 had also great episodes such as TDR and pilot.

Season4 is the worst season in my opinion, SPM wasn't so realistic and storylines were mostly lame. Also there wasn't anymore much of turboboosts and other stunts especially when the serie was coming to it's end. Scent of Roses, KillerKITT were of course good ones and I kind of like Hills of Fire too, SID was so funny thing ;)

-KITTfan-

KITT's admirer
Volunteer

What was your favorite season?

Post by KITT's admirer » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:25 pm

was just wondering what everyones favorite season was of the show. i dont remember them well enough to tell u my opinion cause last time i saw them i was like 12 yrs old. but so far from what iv seen on sci fi iv liked the second season better then the first.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:39 pm

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... .php?t=900

The Search Function turns up such neat things. :) Like the same topic with a poll. :)

KI

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:53 pm

well let me say this, my favorite season and the best season are two different things. When I hear best season I think of the best written seasons episode wise. When I think of favorite, for myself I get more superficial.

My favorite was season 4. I liked the convertible, i thought SPM was cool, I dug RC3. Michael got rid of the fro and had a sensible hair cut. The quality of the stock that the show was shot on was improved so it visually looked better. And probably because I was young, 4-7, I remember the original airing of the series better so its more nostalgic in my mind.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:03 am

me and neil think alike! it's my fave season too except i couldn't dig RC. he was the only problem i found with the season.

all episodes, apart from Knight Song, were pretty good quality and original despite ppl saying otherwise.

and yes, i LOVED SPM!!!! not cheesy at all..at least not too much for KR since it was all cheese anyway.

Skav

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:15 am

Well im the same as both replys!!

Season 4 rocked!! so did SPM!! woohoo

JL
Operative

a split decision, here...

Post by JL » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:48 pm

Like Neil, I have sentimental feelings for the 4th season, in part because I arrived late to the show (during the summer reruns for Season 3), so Season 4 was the only one I ever saw entirely first-run on NBC. And SPM was not nearly as bad as people think.

In terms of the best-written season, it hands-down belongs to the second year, with classics like the two "Goliath" episodes, "Soul Survivor," "A Good Knight's Work," and "Knightmares." Even "Mouth of the Snake," which some folks rank right under "Voo Doo Knight" as crappiest episode ever, wasn't that bad.

Or, to put it another way, the second season would have been perfect if the producers hadn't dumped Patricia McPherson.

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:30 pm

*sniffles* I love you SPM fans!

Cheri

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: a split decision, here...

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:33 pm

JL wrote:Or, to put it another way, the second season would have been perfect if the producers hadn't dumped Patricia McPherson.
Preach on. I feel like I'm not being loyal to Bonnie by saying that season 2 was the best, but it's true. Season 1 was still a little awkward as they tried to figure out what to do with the show, and by seasons 3 and 4 everything was sort of on auto-pilot. But season 2 seemed to be when everyone was having the most fun.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:51 pm

^ Well, alternately, you could print out a photo of Patricia on your computer and hold it up in front of the screen every time April comes on and imagine Bonnie's still there... :wink:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:31 pm

I want to add as being one who thinks SPM and Convertible Mode are cool. SPM was my alltime favorite system.

jediknight69
Volunteer

Post by jediknight69 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:45 pm

Hi Everyone, :)

My favorite was season one because the pilot, 'Knight of the Phoenix' was awesome and established everything. Also, 'Trust Doesn't Rust' is my favorite episode. KARR was a much better and more threatening foe than Goliath. Garthe should have salvaged KARR instead. A little selective re-programming and to quote Keannu Reeves "WHOA!!

jediknight69 8)