"Goliath" episode and April ?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTFAN2003
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Goliath" episode and April ?

Post by KITTFAN2003 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:17 am

I just finished watching the first part of "Goliath" and after seeing the mega semi, my money would be on "Goliath in a KITT vs Goliath battle. KITT looks dwarfed next to that monster truck.

The episode also left me wondering about April. How did she go from being Devon's assitant to being KITT's technician? Am I missing something here? Does she have some hidden experience with KITT?

Robin :)

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:24 am

Personally, I don't think she should of given up her job as Devon's secretary, she was a terrible mechanic/technition if you ask me, she never invented anything, and the things she did invent we never heard of again.

If it's that easy to get a job as a technition at F.L.A.G., where can I sign up. :lol: :twisted: 8)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:50 am

Ok, in all fairness, she was never Devon's secretary. Bonnie was always doing the same office jobs for Devon as well. It seems to go with the job of being KITT's Tech.

And a few of Aprils' inventions did make it forward, as we have found out on the board. Not many of them, but a few did.

KI

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:53 am

Question. When watching the esp. today did anyone else still get a chill up back when they show Goliath and KITT going right at each other and then freeze it at the last second when they would go to a break. It gave me a chill when I saw it as a kid and it still does now. Just seeing KITT dwarfed by Goliath is such a sight and knowing what happens when they meet make it even more messed up.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:56 am

Of course KITT looks dwarfed, its a huge tractor trailer! It is a sitatuion that I would not like to have to deal with. And that makes for some great television.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:20 pm

EdwardKnoxII wrote:Question. When watching the esp. today did anyone else still get a chill up back when they show Goliath and KITT going right at each other and then freeze it at the last second when they would go to a break.
That was definitely a unique and fantastic way to go to commercial when Goliath first aired. You can kind of tell that they KNEW they had something special here, and having the new fade-to-commercial break made it feel even more like a special event.

The odd thing about that shot is that it's not even the REALLY dramatic scene when KITT gets smashed. So after we saw that collision half-way through, we knew there was still another head-to-head showdown.

But ultimately I thought the final battle sequence (and episode in general) was disappointing.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:09 am

ofcourse now, when bravo had knight rider, we would see KITT roll up to the camera, and after it faded to black the end credits would come up. (in the 80s ITV also cut it in two and added a "to be continued" credit) what a way of making sure you're back at the same time the next night! :D

just a quick question: although april wasn't given a #formal# introduction, does anybody else think that brother's keeper was originally intended as the first ep of season two (there's several things in it that make me think so, i can list if you like? might just be me ;) ) but then maybe they were granted the money to do a big movie instead?

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:37 pm

I thought that commercial break was so COOL! I even have a decent capture of that. I paused it right before it went to a commercial break, but you can still see a small square of what was the scene they paused for the break.

Nick

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:28 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:But ultimately I thought the final battle sequence (and episode in general) was disappointing.

Mike
Yeah, I can't get over why they used several KITT model shots at the end of Goliath, when nothing was done that couldn't have been done with the real KITT? Does anybody notice that the model KITT has a slightly higher raised spoiler, which to me, looks a little cooler? Couldn't have been the reason they used it though...

SH

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:41 am

knightrider_ni wrote: just a quick question: although april wasn't given a #formal# introduction, does anybody else think that brother's keeper was originally intended as the first ep of season two (there's several things in it that make me think so, i can list if you like? might just be me ;) ) but then maybe they were granted the money to do a big movie instead?
I was just thinking that they put more quality into that episode than most other Season 2 eps.! There are many dramatic scenes, and the look and feel is right on... What are your reasons?

SH

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:25 pm

apparantly in the books, april was devons neice (spell)
thats how she got to work at flag..

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:11 pm

spyhunter wrote:
knightrider_ni wrote: just a quick question: although april wasn't given a #formal# introduction, does anybody else think that brother's keeper was originally intended as the first ep of season two (there's several things in it that make me think so, i can list if you like? might just be me ;) ) but then maybe they were granted the money to do a big movie instead?
I was just thinking that they put more quality into that episode than most other Season 2 eps.! There are many dramatic scenes, and the look and feel is right on... What are your reasons?

SH
the way michael was introduced, april's first scene seemed to make a big effort to establish her, KITT's got that strange cold-like voice that a few early eps in s2 used, but which is missing from Goliath and the rest of the season and makes me think they had that changed again by the time they made goliath. i'd have to go back and watch it again because i had about a list of half a dozen or so good reasons, the one about KITT's voice being the most minor one of them all because it's not really a valid one, but the rest i've forgotten. i'll go watch and reply :)

and anyone else wonder where the much improved interior FLAG set they had in Goliath went to?

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:01 pm

Well, in BLIND SPOT, Michael says that the evidence drop off will be a piece of cake, to which KITT replies something like, I've heard that before, like when we went up against GOLIATH.

So that means GOLIATH had to be intended to be pretty early on, possibly the second or third episode and not first...

SH