New KITT Suggestions

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TT Snim
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Spiffy... sort of...

Post by TT Snim » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:07 pm

Could you tell me just what sort of car that is? I like it. Not for Kitt mind you, I just like it. I think Kitt needs to be a 95 T-top Trans am.

KITTgoVrOoM
Recruit

Post by KITTgoVrOoM » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:38 pm

Hmm...I actually like the Trans Am idea for KITT. I don't think it will be the same if it was another car. *I would like to see KITT in a 2001/2002 Black Trans Am* :P
BTW I know the car was changed a few times, but I still like him better as a Trans Am, possibly because that is how he started. hehe.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Re: Spiffy... sort of...

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:49 pm

TT Snim wrote:Could you tell me just what sort of car that is? I like it. Not for Kitt mind you, I just like it. I think Kitt needs to be a 95 T-top Trans am.
That's a Mazda Mx-5, or the Miata as known here in the states. Nice car sure, but probably not as kitt.

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:54 pm

Thanks, Centaurus17.

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:40 pm

Yeah, if I saw Michael drive up in that, I think I would fall on the ground laughing.. I mean KITT has a sort of scaryness to him, but that, LoL... I dunno.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

Michael SS-R
Recruit

Post by Michael SS-R » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:53 am

KITTvsKARR wrote:Yeah, if I saw Michael drive up in that, I think I would fall on the ground laughing.. I mean KITT has a sort of scaryness to him, but that, LoL... I dunno.
lol I know its so funny I would be rotfl if that thing pulled up !

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:41 pm

People people people. I thought that the new Knight Rider is going to be set in the future? Therefore how can any car built today look new enough ten - twenty years from now? My guess is that there is probably going to be a few concept cars involved, like the Banshee was on KR2000. All I want is a black car. Any black car that Larson or D.H. picks will be fine by me, as long as it isn't RED!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:57 pm

knightynight, knightynight, knightynight, nothing has been confirmed about the new moving being set in the future. That was just one of the many rumors that was flying around when Hasselhoff was trying to sell it to people. The last thing we heard about the cars was that they were still trying to interview the right one.

KI

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:28 pm

The last thing we heard about the cars was that they were still trying to interview the right one.
hmm, i see an interview between Glen Larson and KARR

Glen Larson: "What would you say, you do here?"

KARR: "I already told you, i deal with the goddamn customers so teh engineers dont have to. I have people skills, I am good at dealing with people, cant you understand that, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?" :)

sorry, a little office space/KR humor

dookitt
Volunteer

Post by dookitt » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:35 pm

i say we stick to pontiac. maybe theyll use the upcoming GTO...

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:48 pm

OFFICE SPACE!!! LOL!!!! :D I LOVE that movie!!!! *Rolling on the floor laughing*
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:24 am

why does it have to be an american car? there was never any reason given for that? i mean, if bond can start using a german make, why can't KITT be placed into a foreign car too?

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:03 pm

He can be. Why I say this movie will disappoint no matter what. The members here are putting way to many conditions on it. Only condition I want is David to return as Michael Knight in some logical respectful role. Where it be as Devon's replacement, a FLAG board member, retired agent they run into whatever as long as Michael Knight isn't recast.

JennKitt
Volunteer

Post by JennKitt » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:32 pm

Why does it have to be American? Technically the car wouldn't 'have' to be American, but here are my reasons why an American car might work a little bit better. I don't see very many foriegn cars that grab attention; if they do they're so far out of reach by most people that the car isn't seen very often on the streets, for example the Porshe. The long lines we keep talking about I haven't seen on any foriegn cars that you would see on the road everyday. If you'll notice the TA is a very low car, meaning it appears (and is) low to the ground. It has less resistance because it's so low and looks fast because of it.

You're looking for a good foreign car huh? How about this one. I don't recall anyone mentioning it. It does have a lot of the qualities that most of us are looking for. It even has a place to put the babe's kid. :lol:

How about the Mitsubishi Eclipse...

or the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder?

Really I don't mind foreign cars, but the ones that have been mentioned here just don't have it. You see them everyday, owned by any Tom, Dick, or Harry that can drive. Kitt needs to be stealthy, but he must also be noticable.

JennKitt 8)

katz112
Recruit

Post by katz112 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:42 pm

Never! Not! Nine! Nichs! No! a Miata or Eclipse.
Ponitac is where its at!
Why don't they take the 82 model and futurize it? In CGI.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:45 pm

Never! No! Hell no!

CGI? Bad! CGI overload, really bad!

CGI is something that should not be used in large quantities, or you end up with something extraordinarily nasty to watch.

KI

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:35 pm

March2875 wrote:He can be. Why I say this movie will disappoint no matter what. The members here are putting way to many conditions on it. Only condition I want is David to return as Michael Knight in some logical respectful role. Where it be as Devon's replacement, a FLAG board member, retired agent they run into whatever as long as Michael Knight isn't recast.
here! here! (said resoundingly) my sentiments exactly :)

no recasting! no recasting! (tries to start chant...) ;)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:52 pm

No recasting!

Of course, after yesterday's accident, there might be a whole new variable in this game.

KI

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:19 pm

Knightimmortal,

You wrote: "nothing has been confirmed about the new moving being set in the future. That was just one of the many rumors that was flying around when Hasselhoff was trying to sell it to people"

It is true that the main reason that I thought that it was going to be set in the future was that D.H. said so in one of his interviews that reside on Mikey's newknightrider site. I would've thought that since D.H. said so it was therefore highly likely. However, I understand that it doesn't have to be.

My other arguments remain valid. I also believe, as I state in another thread, that no matter what they do, it will work. It might not be to the liking of the average Knight Rider fan who can't think of any car BUT the old 1982 trans-am, but it will work for the young 'uns who are here to begin carrying the torch of Knight Rider to a new generation.

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:50 pm

Yesterday's accident?
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:56 pm

knightynight wrote:It is true that the main reason that I thought that it was going to be set in the future was that D.H. said so in one of his interviews that reside on Mikey's newknightrider site. I would've thought that since D.H. said so it was therefore highly likely. However, I understand that it doesn't have to be.
My site does have a lot of new and old news mixed together, so it can be misleading... It's six months overdue for a site redesign, but when that does happen I'll make it much more clear what the latest news is, and what some of the outdated items are.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:59 am

knightimmortal wrote:No recasting!

Of course, after yesterday's accident, there might be a whole new variable in this game.

KI
the sun tabloid here in the uk blew the accident out of all proportion, stating that david broke his back and snapped several ribs, and that they had both "flew" through the air(!). it also ended the story (used in the literal sense by me here as i don;t trust a thing this "paper" says and never has!) with this line: "david had previously appeared (it had talked about him "shooting to fame in baywatch"!!! - phil) in 80's detective show Knight Rider. Before the accident he was due to commence shooting a new movie version this year."

awful lot of past tense in that last sentence. then again, this is the sun!! :S

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:45 pm

Well, they did get a few things right, (if overdramatized) Hasselhoff was being treated for a potential fractured lower back, and broken ribs, they did get knocked off the motorcycle, (David into the lightpole, Pam into the curb) And many things were in fact 'past tense' - He is no longer in Baywatch, except for the TV Movie coming up. Shooting to fame? Internationally, Baywatch put him on the top of the map. And the future for the KR movie is up in the air at this point, or more specifically, his part in it. So....those parts of the article are correct.

KI

Jim Taggart
Stranger

What vehicle will be used as the new K.I.T.T.

Post by Jim Taggart » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:59 pm

Since General Motors has discontinued the F-body cars (Camaro, Firebird) I can only speculate what will be used as K.I.T.T. . If I had to guess I would rule out the Corvette (fiberglass car would get chewed up for all the stunts and if the plot called for a third passenger this would not work). I assume the new GTO (which is actually the Holden Monaro from Australia, GM's Australian division) will be the new K.I.T.T. . The only "complaint" is that it is not a true American car. If this does not work (which I think it would) then K.I.T.T. would become a four door in the form of the new Grand Prix or Bonneville. Just my humble opinion.

Jim Taggart

Knightling
Recruit

How 'bout this for K.I.T.T.

Post by Knightling » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:13 pm

What do you think if the new K.I.T.T. was made with the new dodge charger as the base. Modified of course!

Knightling