FanFiction Review and Critique Guidelines

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rusti_knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

FanFiction Review and Critique Guidelines

Post by rusti_knight » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:00 pm

Since seeing that fanfiction just gets 'I like it' or 'It sucks, dude!" reviews, I thought I'd leave some thoughts brought with me from the artistic community for the readers to use if they really want to make a fic writer happy. This is what we want, folks!

1.) If you like it, tell us why. Tell us what was good about it, tell us what parts worked for you and why. We'll need this information to use as tools for the next fic.

2.) If you hate it, tell us why. Tell us what didn't work for you and why. Let us know what parts didn't make sense or needed more attention. We'll need this information to use as tools for the next fic!

3.) Always make your critique/feedback constructive, negative or positive. We can't make use of it if you just flame us or gush at us. Flaming won't let us know what was wrong. We won't be able to fix it for the next time. Gushing won't let us know just exactly what you liked so much, we won't be able to use those elements the next time.

4.) Remember artistic license. We're writing fanfiction. And while we try to stay true to the characters. Life happens. Events change people and each writer has his or her own style. Not every fic is going to follow precedents set by the show unless it's canon. AU fic won't give you that, so it must be kept in mind if you read it.

5.) If you feel the need to just gush or vent...well, we'll take what we can get for you lazy folks who don't want to give a well thought out review, I suppose. Just be sure to give us some sort of warning!!

Rusti
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:14 pm

bumped up for more to read.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

Old Man Miles
Recruit

Post by Old Man Miles » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:33 pm

Hopefully people will listen to this!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:11 am

They do, this whole Fan Fiction Archive was created long ago, as was this post, the reason why you don't see a whole lot of activity on this board when it comes to fan fiction is because most of the fic writers have moved to another board. :)

KI

Old Man Miles
Recruit

Post by Old Man Miles » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:20 pm

Ah I see! Thanks knightImortal!