Grand Theft Auto vice city and Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Grand Theft Auto vice city and Knight Rider

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:35 am

So far I've been playing the heck out of this game and its realy realy awesome.I have noticed the guy someone mentioned.The one with the black leather jacket,black jeans, and red turtleneck.He does look alot like Michael in the pilot episode.Frow wasn't as big.But he did have a mustache.I was thinking of following him to his car but wasn't sure he was walking to the knight2000.There isn't one caar that looks like kitt in the game.No black cars either.I have noticed soemthing very cool though.The year is 1986 in the game and the music is very simaler to 80's music.In fact there are 3 songs that I've found that were in knight rider:

1.Owner of a lonely heart(Silent Knight)
2.Self control by Laura Branigan(unknown which episode)
3.One thing leads to another (Custom Kitt)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:51 pm

yea, once you get further along in the game you'll see that guy every where, alot of times driving a beat up piece of junk. the rumors of KITT in the game seem to have been proven false. However, there is a delorean knock off that you are rewarded with if you steal enough cars and give them to a hack shop. i believe they call it a "deluxo" Great fun to drive in the BTTF car, a bit bad on the handling though.

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:13 pm

if you go to http://www.segasages.com then get the cheats for vice city, there is one that lets you turn all the cars black.

it makes the corvette's look a bit more knight ridery, lol

im getting on pretty well, ive got a helicopter ontop of my mansion now ! and yeah the music is cool too, most of the songs that were on Knight Rider are on Flash FM.

scott

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:09 pm

im getting on pretty well, ive got a helicopter ontop of my mansion now ! and yeah the music is cool too, most of the songs that were on Knight Rider are on Flash FM
Yeah but, unlike Knight Rider these songs are done by the actual bands and not by some cheap in-studio band. :P

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:23 pm

I know what you mean about the music but some of those songs were really good covers. At first I liked the cover of "Talking in Your Sleep" in Knights in the Fast Lane (since I grew up with the KR version). Also, "Obsession" in Many Happy Returns was also an excellent cover.

Nick

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:53 am

I was wondering if anyone can help me.How do you beat the stage where you are in a helicopter and need to kill all the druglord baddies on the island?I've been doing my best at that level and still the helicopter explodes.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:00 am

there was no secret at it for me. you just need to hit the guys with the guns before they damage you enough where you explode. If I remember correctly there are some larger items, like cars or OIL barrels that you can hit and they will blow up and kill a number of people in the radius... perhaps that will help

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:04 pm

neps wrote:there was no secret at it for me. you just need to hit the guys with the guns before they damage you enough where you explode. If I remember correctly there are some larger items, like cars or OIL barrels that you can hit and they will blow up and kill a number of people in the radius... perhaps that will help
Thanks,I've tried it a little to blow up things around the guys but it never occured to fucos more on what can blow up then to just kill the targets.Sometimes i blew up a tank and it just didnt do anything to them.I wish there was a way to increase the health level of the helicopter.Or a cheat to mke the helicopter buletproof like the vehicles.Maybe I'll try the bulletproof code and wish for the best that it applies for the helicopter as well.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:08 pm

just be careful with the cheat codes though. i remember reading that using the cheat codes wont allow you to finish the game 100%. if your gonna cheat, I would be sure to not over write you exisiting saved file.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:27 pm

I wish someone told me this in the begining.What kind of game does that to a person.You sue cheats and expect not to be cheated of anything in the end you may win but now totaly.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:12 pm

Sorry man, but it seems to be true:

From a great walk through guide:
http://www.game-revolution.com/games/co ... ty_faq.htm
Remember, cheating for fun is good; cheating to beat a mission is bad. Create a file just for cheating, and feel free to mess with it, it's safer. Rockstar has a knack for making you unable to get 100% if you cheat. By this I mean you'll be stuck on 99% forever!!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:45 pm

Geat!!!!Now i feel like soemone just plunged a dagger into my back.Anyone care to twist it some more?I can't believe Rockstar Games would make sure a person will not finish a game if they use cheats.That is so terrible it should be declared illegal.Its like putting a person in limbo right before they finish the game.

I guess I'll finish the game as far as I can get with the cheats.I read when I tried to save the game it said something like There may be something wrong with saving a game when cheats are enabled.I'll play it regulary in about 2 months.My best friend is getting me a new copy of vice city for ps2 for my birthday gift on April 10'th.Shes is so cool.She wanted to get me a put together kitt she got from a hobby store that you have to paint and glue.She gott all the accessories for me but she felt if she got me the game it would be cooler and i agreed.She said she would give the car to her older bro.I know it sounds dumb not to take an expencive kr collectible,but she said your my best friend and I wanna make you happy for your birthday.

Oh by the way,Neil I tried what you said by the helicopter stage to blow the cars and barrels.It worked flawlessly.i thought I would be set down and then I would have to do soemthing before i could get back to the city and save again.

In case you or anyone else is intrested,theres a way to act like kitt in the game.You need to enable 3 cheat codes.One to make the cars in the game black(use the corvette like someone else suggested),one to enable dodo mode(Don't ask me where they got the name cause it doesn't have a connection to the function) which allows the car to jump after you go real fast and pull the joystick back,sorta llike how the kid from sould survivor got the knight2000 body to turbo boost by pulling back on the joystick in soul survivor.the third code is to enable is a higher speed.I recomend no one use the code for inreased driving skills cause all it does for me is when you swerve right or left you flip the car over and cause it to catch fire.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:23 pm

somebody let me borrow this game. i havent played it yet.

instead, ive been playing 'the getaway'. anyone played it? it's just like GTA.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:47 am

What does it say about the gamer who can't beat a game without using cheats? These are a sorry, sorry bunch of people, and I pity them not!