Don Peake Knight Rider Soundtrack

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jgcoombes
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Don Peake Knight Rider Soundtrack

Post by jgcoombes » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 am

Anyone know if this is still available anywhere, and is the 2nd disc coming out anytime soon??

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:59 pm

i really want one! the one on ebay is $74 though
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:07 pm

Try these:

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/knigridvolon.html

http://www.hitchcock-media.com/Artists/ ... rider.html

Bought it from hitchcock media myself. Don't anything about that other site selling it. And yes, It is an amazing piece of KR soundtrack.

BTW, any news about the vol. 2 release?

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:09 am

Aye, it's been ages since the first volume. The problems I had with that first volume though, was that each track was at least 10 minutes long, and the tracks weren't properly seperated, unlike Stu Phillips' OST, which was spot-on. Also, you can faintly hear the original dialouge and sound-effects in some places of the Don Peake Volume 1 tracks, which is VERY odd, as both he and Ron claim that they've used the original masters, but in-fact, it just sounds like they've taken the original DVD's, ripped the audio track from them, and heavily mastered them, but of course, the DVD's hadn't been released before Don's Volume 1 had been produced.

What's more, for the amount of money that you are paying for Volume 1, the front and rear artwork covers have been very cheaply printed using a standard home inkjet printer, and not a proper professional, sharper and expensive printing machine, again, unlike Stu Phillips' OST, which was done to perfection.

jgcoombes
Rookie

Post by jgcoombes » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:43 pm

Just got a reply from http://www.hitchcock-media.com
Thanks for your inquiry.
Volume 2 is in the works but not out this year.
Volume 1 may be signed by composer Don Peake at no extra cost, he's happy to accommodate. He lives close by and when asked, stops by within a couple of days to sign requests.

Best regards,

Ron
Hitchcock Media Records
Original Live Concerts
http://www.hitchcock-media.com

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:54 am

Stringfellow Hawke wrote:Aye, it's been ages since the first volume. The problems I had with that first volume though, was that each track was at least 10 minutes long, and the tracks weren't properly seperated, unlike Stu Phillips' OST, which was spot-on. Also, you can faintly hear the original dialouge and sound-effects in some places of the Don Peake Volume 1 tracks, which is VERY odd, as both he and Ron claim that they've used the original masters, but in-fact, it just sounds like they've taken the original DVD's, ripped the audio track from them, and heavily mastered them, but of course, the DVD's hadn't been released before Don's Volume 1 had been produced.

What's more, for the amount of money that you are paying for Volume 1, the front and rear artwork covers have been very cheaply printed using a standard home inkjet printer, and not a proper professional, sharper and expensive printing machine, again, unlike Stu Phillips' OST, which was done to perfection.
All good points. But Don's vol 1 is WAY better than Stu's OST in my book. Mainly because I never really liked Stu's compositions that much. For me Don's music is the real KR music. And it really doesn't matter if the cd and sleeve/back are cheaply done. All that counts is the groove!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:40 pm

While cue-for-cue I take my Peake CD over Stu's (both excellent CDs nonetheless), what he said above is true. You can hear it.

Some cues have different sound qaulity, some have the show edits in the music.

I can only hope Volume 2 -- which I'll purchase in ah eart beat even if the same -- is better. Otherwise I can't see justifying the current price.

Now Stu;s is a different because of who released it. FilmScoreMonthly has access to top notch professional and software to make things sound like new. Even from inferior sources.

Just the other day I was talking to someone who got a CD of unreleased scores from the show, by Peake, but said his car got robbed. :-(

Even with a bootleg, the High-Tech bootleg, and the Hitchcock MEdia CDs, fans of the show's scores -- like myself -- still find themselves wanting more. Hopefully HM will still do that second volume.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 am

I think the cover to the cd looks really cool!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Re: Don Peake Knight Rider Soundtrack

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 pm

While Googling to find out what was happening with a Volume 2, I found this old notice I had forgotten about.

It's not almost 2009; wonder if plans are totally scrapped for a second CD. Would be very disappointing if so.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:13 pm

I can tell you that Don is working on The Goliath episode CD which will be ready for release at Knight Rider Festival
God willing!
However he ask me to remind him about Knight Fest when we are about a month from the show, because it is his intention to have it for everyone soon.
He has been extremely busy scoring music for various movie trailers as well as various artists who come to his studio which is a very cool place by the way.
So to sum up Don really wants to have the CD out as soon as possible but he wants it to be top notch, so only time will tell whether it wil be out by March, so I will keep you posted.
One thing is for sure & that is it will be out in 2009 & will be fantastic.

Dave Doggett. :dash: :kitt2: :kittspin:

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:19 am

What a great news! Can't wait for the new CD!

Do you know if Don's preparing the music from Goliath episode only, or can we expect some other episodes as well?

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Blackcat;

I can tell you that it will be mostly Goliath, however there will be other material from season two
also.
Don is very happy to be producing this CD & if you have his last Knight Rider CD you know
he does a fantastic job.
All the best,

Dave Doggett. :kittspi

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:20 am

I heard back a reply from Hitchcock Records. Appearently at the time they wanted to do Volume 2, it was possible, but the the studio was bought by another and things got tied up and waht not. They say it's looking good now and they hope to announce something in the near future.

I just hope the mastering job is better that Volume 1. That was pretty bad, considering the qaulity of Stu Philips' CD from Film Score Monthly.

I've seen a couple episodes from Volume 1 on TV recently. Found out the scores were not complete, but they did offer scoring not in the episodes.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Hitchcock Media Records started listing a week or so back that the Volume 2 "Knight Rider" CD is coming soon. I can't wait. I hope it's a better remastering than the last, though.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:40 am

It says 'available exclusively on Knight Rider Con'. Does this mean us non-US fans will never get to hear it? :(
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

ex812
Recruit

Post by ex812 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:08 am

for those of you who don't care about the cover. Don and stu's CDs are both on iTunes for 10 bucks

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:15 am

ex812 wrote:for those of you who don't care about the cover. Don and stu's CDs are both on iTunes for 10 bucks
That's the problem; I don't buy digital albums, only CDs (I'm collector type). I do have the two previous albums (Don Peake vol 1 and Stu Phillips scores).
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 am

i think that we will see iton eby 24h after the knight rider convention!!!also maybe we are lucky enough that some member here is knid enough to buy some more and sell them to us in this forum!only time will tell!!i can't wait thought!!!!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 pm

As I understand, the one being sold at the Con, will be the same one as the next HMR CD, just at a later date than the Con.

If not, I know I would be sorely disappointed; not all of us can afford to travel.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Got this e-mail from Hitchcock Media Records today:

Knight Rider: Best of Don Peake v.1, v.2, v.3 are available exclusively for the Knight Rider Festival taking place this weekend in Las Vegas. When we return, we are able to ship March 25th.

Best regards,
Ron
Hitchcock-Media.com

Not only is the Volume 2 about to be released, but they sneaked in a Volume 3 without any news about it. Nice.

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Appearently Volume 3 is the same contents as the Hi-Tech Records bootleg from a number of years back. One can only hope it's at least mastered a little. But in the end it will give people who don't want to buy bootleg,s a hcance to buy a legitimate version of these scores, so ... nifty.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:57 pm

I must've missed something at some point but how is the Hi-Tech Records soundtrack that was released back in 2000 a bootleg? I bought that CD as soon as it came out and the only thing I remember about what happened after it was released was that the company said they were working on a Vol. 2 CD but then promptly shut down and were never heard from again. Those tracks that were released on that CD in 2000 sound damn near perfect by my ears and I can't see how it was bootlegged. Is it worth paying the $24 for Don's new "rerelease" Volume 3 CD if it just contains the same tracks on the Hi-Tech Records CD? I hope someone can clarify this.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Try here for Don's music
http://www.donpeakemusic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Vegasmike wrote:Try here for Don's music
http://www.donpeakemusic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link. I just ordered all three volumes from Hitchcock Music, which I reached from Don Peake's site. I can't wait to get them.

I wish Stu Phillips would do a re-release of his, too. I'd love to get my hands on an actual CD of it. I have it through Napster, but they only allow it to be downloaded, not purchased.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.