RPGS?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight224
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight224 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:56 am

I was just joking, FuzzieDice. I do believe you.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:22 am

Ok. :)

reverber
Rookie

Re: RPGS?

Post by reverber » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm

*Bump* but yeah seriously whats going down with knightrider RPG's in general these days?

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:51 pm

That depends. What are you looking for? Forum, LJ, IJ, IM, email?

http://ki2k.livejournal.com/profile

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Wow, that's one heck of a bump. I'd be kind of interesting in getting involved with something, but it would depend on the platform (IM, LJ... live action? hehe...)

Also, a question: Doesn't KR have a bit of a small cast to do a proper RPG? How have people handled this in the past?
KITT: 请别叫我‘汽车’或是‘几只轮子’,我是奈特工业2000号!

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:49 pm

I've been RPing Kitt on LJ for 4 1/2 years. In that time, some of the other characters have come and gone. There's never been a consistent Michael, for instance, but right now the person who's played Garthe in the past has started posting again.

The cast is small, yes, but when you start thinking about extras, or original characters, the possibilities open up. There are also characters from the other incarnations of KR to think about - TKR, KR2K, the new movie. Especially in free-form RP, which is what I've been doing, the small size of the cast hasn't been a problem - mostly because those characters haven't been around! ;)

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 pm

vespurrs wrote:That depends. What are you looking for? Forum, LJ, IJ, IM, email?

http://ki2k.livejournal.com/profile
that really didnt matter at the time of posting. its just been so long since ive seen anything posted about rpgs that i was starting to wonder if there were any still running.

kopiikat wrote:Wow, that's one heck of a bump. I'd be kind of interesting in getting involved with something, but it would depend on the platform (IM, LJ... live action? hehe...)

Also, a question: Doesn't KR have a bit of a small cast to do a proper RPG? How have people handled this in the past?
yeah i know it was a bit of a bump, but it seemed KR-RPG's were none existant so meh why not. anyway true the original series might have too small a cast, but then look at star trek how many incarnations and fan book,film,game,etc been made. as long as they are based around KR i dont see why in a player driven rpg why new characters cant be created, call it artistic license if you will.

vespurrs wrote:I've been RPing Kitt on LJ for 4 1/2 years. In that time, some of the other characters have come and gone. There's never been a consistent Michael, for instance, but right now the person who's played Garthe in the past has started posting again.

The cast is small, yes, but when you start thinking about extras, or original characters, the possibilities open up. There are also characters from the other incarnations of KR to think about - TKR, KR2K, the new movie. Especially in free-form RP, which is what I've been doing, the small size of the cast hasn't been a problem - mostly because those characters haven't been around! ;)
I agree totally on the fact of possibilities opening up if you start to include other kr related characters but how do you feel on new characters being created based on kr that havent been used before (kinda like the female cop who took one of kitts chips in KR200 only less well carp (yes i know, its not a typo)). Its also good to hear that someones been keeping rpgs alive.

yeah i know un-necessarily long and probably nonsensical and boring but meh who cares lol

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:09 pm

reverber wrote:I agree totally on the fact of possibilities opening up if you start to include other kr related characters but how do you feel on new characters being created based on kr that havent been used before (kinda like the female cop who took one of kitts chips in KR200 only less well carp (yes i know, its not a typo)). Its also good to hear that someones been keeping rpgs alive.

yeah i know un-necessarily long and probably nonsensical and boring but meh who cares lol
Original, fandom-based characters, in other words? I have no problem with those. I've played with a few off and on. For me it's not so much original vs. canon, but more consistency, enthusiasm, and ideas. I can work around most everything else. ;)

I'm just surprised that with all of the people around who are involved in this fandom, that more people aren't RPing. I feel kinda lonely out there! I have ideas for a couple of different RPGs, actually, but never had anyone express a lot of interest.

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm

vespurrs wrote:I'm just surprised that with all of the people around who are involved in this fandom, that more people aren't RPing. I feel kinda lonely out there! I have ideas for a couple of different RPGs, actually, but never had anyone express a lot of interest.
I'd definitely be up for something, although I'm not sure who I'd really be fit to play. I might make a decent Devon... I <3 Devon.
I need to have younger celebrity crushes.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:53 pm

kopiikat wrote:I'd definitely be up for something, although I'm not sure who I'd really be fit to play. I might make a decent Devon... I <3 Devon.
I need to have younger celebrity crushes.
Oh, Devon! A decent Devon would be lovely - he's not a character people immediately think of. If you want to shoot me off an email, I'd be happy to talk to you about it. :)

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Original, fandom-based characters yep thats what i meant lol. i was just finishiing work and brain was cheese at the time. i must admit to get into a rpg id have to find my creatity again lol i think i lost it unmder my bed ??? lol

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:38 pm

Just make sure you don't vacuum it up with the plot bunnies hiding under there too. ;)

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm

oh so thats where i lost the plot, its under my bed how dare those pesky rabbits move into it.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:42 pm

*laughs* If you find it, herd it over to RP! 8)

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:47 pm

There are so many plot bunnies under my bed I'm afraid they'll attack the vacuum!!
I'm surprised you don't see more RP's on this site actually, after all there's an entire Creative forum!!! I absolutely ADORE roleplaying (and the people who do it well! ;))
(Not to mention the fact that KITT practically lives in my head, and needs some exercise once in a while...:lol: )
Turbo Boost, Baby!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:33 am

I haven't even done any fanfic in ages. I planned to sign up for the new KR fanfic site, Knight Dreams, but I haven't had time for that yet either. I was going to post my previous fics there, at least. If I had time, I'd even create a KR RPG. I was entertaining at one point earlier this year an Alternate Universe KR/Battlestar Galactica (mostly AU '78) RPG and have characters all set, as well as story ideas, fanfic ideas, etc. Again, no time. *sigh*. Things are tough right now on the personal front so I have a number of things to attend to before I'll have time. Plus I'm planning to return to school (online programming courses) this fall, hopefully.

Good news is that I AM finding time (as I can) to return to finishing my KR model kits. But I won't be putting the assembly stuff online. Too much work to snap photos of every step, document, etc. I'll be glad just to get them done. If I can remember, I'll post pics of them when they are finished. :)

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:02 am

I still haven't started my KR fanfiction...It's going to be so looooong.... :(
Turbo Boost, Baby!

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:21 am

While these aren't KR RPGs per se, they are panfandom, so KR muses would be welcome. As there is a dearth of KR muses, I would welcome them, too. :)

On InsaneJournal:

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/undert ... ow/profile

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/sixwordstories/profile

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/lunatic_cafe/profile

On LiveJournal:

http://community.livejournal.com/dear_m ... se/profile

http://community.livejournal.com/lunatic_cafe/profile

http://community.livejournal.com/hearts ... ds/profile

http://community.livejournal.com/sixwordstories/profile

And these are prompt-writing communities, if anyone needs a kick-start on their fanfic writing.

On InsaneJournal:

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/muse_magic/profile

On LiveJournal:

http://community.livejournal.com/the_bigshow/profile

http://community.livejournal.com/theatr ... se/profile

A lot of freeform RP has popped up around the prompt communities, but it's not regulated in any way.

At some point I'd really love to start a canon-ish KR RPG on LJ or IJ, but that depends on the interest. There's no point if no one's going to participate.

Some friends and I are also hoping to move this community - http://community.livejournal.com/the9thchevron/profile - from LJ to IJ, as there has been more interest expressed in the concept over at IJ. We'll see.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:47 am

I would love to do a canon-ish rp....too bad my KITT deviates from canon faaar too much. :oops:
Turbo Boost, Baby!

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:50 am

Er, one version of my Kitt on IJ can become human and got his girlfriend pregnant the first time they were *ahem* together, soooooooo...

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:59 am

wow i never saw kitt as eing that naive, surely after spending all that time with michael and all the women he picked up kitt would know more about the birds and the bees lol

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:03 am

Um. Well. I mean yeah, he's not naive, he knows how things work, but the circumstances of his change were unexpected and took them both by surprise and then they just sort of got caught up in the moment and one thing led to another and they were both unprepared and...

*coughs* Heh? :oops:

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:40 am

I can see how that would happen, vespurrs.
Not the smartest thing, but hey, humans are prone to making mistakes. :wink:
Turbo Boost, Baby!

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:11 am

true but is kitt, has he inherited human emotions? lol nah im just kidding its a pretty cool idea, though if any of you know of red dwarf ( the uk version) a similar thing happened to kryten (for those that dont know an advanced robot) only things went wrong for him in a totaly different way, but anyway i digress yeah tis a pretty cool idea for kitt to become human.

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:51 pm

I think all of us are guilty of molding KITT to match our whim of the moment. When I first started Knight Rider fangirling, I thought the idea of car!KITT having even a mild crush was kind of ridiculous. Now... well... I'm sure you see where this is going.

Anyways~ (changing the subject before I say something embarrassing,) I'm still totally into the idea of a canon RP. I'd be willing to play Devon, Bonnie, or some kind of OC, I guess. Of course I'd also love to do KITT, but wouldn't we all?

... That sounded wrong.