Welcome! New to the Board: Please read

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

xmguy
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Welcome! New to the Board: Please read

Post by xmguy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Hello. I'm xmguy. I'm 23. I've loved Knight Rider ever since I was a kid watching it in syndication on WGN. I own all 4 seasons on DVD. I plan on watching the Movie on NBC Feb. 17 2008 and any series that may follow!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

LisaThePooper
Stranger

Post by LisaThePooper » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say Hi and formally introduce myself. As most people on the forums, I grew up watching Knight Rider and it was a big part of my life (I was a lonely kid and didn't have many friends.)

One of my cars is a 92 Firebird which I plan on converting into KARR. Additionally, last summer I decided I wanted a tattoo to show my love for the series. I now have KARR's voice modulator right below my left kneecap (there's a photo at the bottom of this post; sorry, it's kind of big.)

I'd love to chat with any fan about Knight Rider, and would especially love to meet local fans who also have Firebirds.

I've rambled long enough, :P

Lisa

Photo of my tattoo:
KarrWashed.jpg
KarrWashed.jpg (99 KiB) Viewed 48819 times

SuperKev5
Stranger

Post by SuperKev5 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:15 am

My name is Kevin..I am 24 from Scotland!! :kitt:

I think Knight Rider is amazing and have seen every Episode :D

Hi to all and feel free to chat to me if you would like to! :kitt:

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:38 am

Cool tatto LisaThePooper!! Always wanted a KITT car tat but will probably chicken out until I'm too old to have one :lol:

My name is Phil and I'm from the UK too, Northern Ireland. I just turned 30 at Christmas time :shock: and remember Knight Rider from its first run and can't wait for the new series to make its way to Blighty. I was a member of these forums for quite a long time a good few years ago, but moved house and ended up losing regular internet connection for a long time and let's face it, trips to the local internet cafe is just not enough for this board lol! Back now full-time though.

To all the newcomers, you will love it here!! :D
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:46 am

Hello everyone! My name is Steph, aka Kyo, aka The Mechanic. I'm from Cali and I am the self-proclaimed biggest KITT fangirl ever. I know it sounds arrogant but...They don't call me The Mechanic for nothing. ;)
I am an avid writer and artist, and I aspire to make my own KITT replica one day!
Okay...ready for the kicker?
I'm seventeen! ...And, in fact, female! No way! XD
I'm so excited to finally be a part of this website. I love Knight Rider, the message that it presents, and the joy and happiness it's brought to children and adults alike. From sci-fi fans to car nerds, one person CAN make a difference.

:),

~Kyo
Turbo Boost, Baby!

Bear_Spirit
Volunteer

Post by Bear_Spirit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:28 am

Hello and greetings to you all!

I'm currently 28 years old and when I saw Knight Rider for the first time I believe I may have been, perhaps, 11 years old or younger, don't remember exactly. Anyway, Knight Rider is still one of my best series. Nowadays it's much talk about good graphics effects, good graphics, good sound and so on, but that doesn't necessarily make a good film. Knight Rider is a master piece with a vision which today, year 2008, still hasn't evolved into reality when speaking to todays inbuilt computer systems which may reside in todays high tech cars. I experience this as a bit funny, it's a big proof that the technical development not always evolve in speed which one might have believed, perhaps.

I myself is very technically oriented and always try to be part of the technical development, using IT tools and listening to podcasts from different companys to try and stay informed about the latest technics and be part of the IT society. I never look at TV nowadays because I think it's a complete waste of time, but using the net is good for communication and education(and for good movies...).

I trained Kendo(japanese fencing) in the period 2005-2006 and nowadays I train Iaido sometimes when the health permits and when the motivation is there, so to speak.

I think that this is a really good forum for Knight Rider fans and I'm looking forward to see what the new Knight Rider films has to offer, although, I'm a bit sceptic. I don't think that the new movies will even come close to the old series of Knight Rider, but... it's fun, and... I'm hoping that they will be able to create something good about what they have started.

MichelleLH
Stranger

Post by MichelleLH » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:28 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Michelle. I am 36 years old. I have been a huge fan beginning of the original Knight Rider series. I am so excited that it's coming back. Before tonight's movie, I kept wondering what it's going to be like.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I was hoping that the new driver of KITT was going to be Michael Knight's son. I was also wondering if David Hasselhoff (Spelling?) was going to make an appearance.
After watching this movie, it makes me miss all of the old episodes. Now I have to go buy the DVD and rewatch them. :D

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Don here. Longtime lurker. I mean real longtime. Been a fan since the original show started. Liked KR2000 but kinda glad they didn't do a show without the Hoff. Looking back now I could have done without 57 Chevy KITT or the red Banshee knockoff. The Knight 4000 made an appeareance in the CHIPS reunion movie but that's a different story. TKR was ok. Wish they would have got to do a 2nd season to see where everything was going. Still have all my Kenner toys from back in the day too. I keep meaning to get some C batteries to see if the big KITT will still talk. Watched the new movie last night. Really enjoyed it. Not any action adventure shows left on tv anymore. It's all Cop dramas or reality tv it seems. Hopefully we get a new series and get to see some of the characters from the past show.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 am

Hiya My name is Drift KIng or aka DK.

I grew up watch KR and i want to join KRO because there are new Knight Rider movie which i love it and think the sequel rock more than crap TKR or KR2000 or KR2010.

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Michael, I'm 18yrs old and a student here in the UK. I first saw Knight Rider when I was 5 back in 1995. It was the first thing I saw on TV and I've been in love with Knight Rider ever since. Huge fan of the original show and I also liked TKR & KR2000. I'll be making a couple of threads soon so you'll all see me around.

nightwheel
Volunteer

Post by nightwheel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi I'm nightwheel and I'm 17 years old. And I've been a fan of Knight Rider for as long as I can remember :kitt: And i hope the People at NBC make a new Knight Rider show. Because the movie was AWSOME :D

INDYGIRL
Volunteer

Post by INDYGIRL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Mandy and I'm 31. I grew up watching Knight Rider. I look forward to chatting with everyone!

K.A.R.D.
Stranger

Post by K.A.R.D. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:58 pm

Hello everyone, I am the Knight Autonomous Roving Defender. KARD, if you please. I am the civilian defense vehicle of the future. How may I serve you?

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:46 am

nightwheel wrote:Hi I'm nightwheel and I'm 17 years old. And I've been a fan of Knight Rider for as long as I can remember :kitt: And i hope the People at NBC make a new Knight Rider show. Because the movie was AWSOME :D
Phew, glad to know I'm not the only young'un around here. :lol:
Turbo Boost, Baby!

Knight6000
Recruit

Post by Knight6000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Hello all,my name's Thommy(It's pronounced like Tommy).I'm 22 and I too am addicted to KR.Oh wait wrong opening.Lol,I've loved KR for a long time,I never got to see the original airings but I was able to watch reruns and I also own Season 1 and plan on buying the rest of the seasons.

I've been a lurker here on KRO since October of last year.I actually decided to join now to share a story with you all that involves Justin Bruening.As everyone knows he's an ex soap star.Well my wife watches the ABC Soaps and is an avid watcher.I've taken her to the Super Soap Weekend here at MGM Studios at Disney twice.Well the last year we went which was in 2006,Justin Bruening was there.I was out walking in the park and I hear someone comment on Optimus Prime shirt,so I stopped and told the person thanks and struck up a conversation with him,it was Justin.We were talking about different 80s shows and he brought up KR.I told him that I loved KR and told him about my best friend's KITT replica.He then said that he hoped that one day he got to work on a KR project because he grew up with KR and loved it.

I went back to my wife and told her that I was pretty sure I just held a conversation with one of her soap stars.I showed her Justin as he came up on stage later that day for a Q&A and she freaked out.Then 6 months later he leaves All My Children,the soap he was on.Then in November I was online reading about upcoming projects and I came across KR and lo and behold there is Justin's name credited.Apparently he left the show because of him landing the role of Mike Traceur.

I was able to watch the 2 hour pilot on NBC.com and I loved it,and I truely hope it gets picked up as a series on NBC.

Dalton
Recruit

Post by Dalton » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 32 years old, male. I grew up watching Knight Rider as a boy in the 80s. Since the new NBC TV movie my interest has been re-ignited. I've been buying the season sets on DVD leading up to the NBC premiere and rewatching them again. I think I may love Knight Rider now more than I did as a kid.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi i'm new(ish) here, i did sign up in 2005, visited the site once and a while but only felt the need to post recently since the arrival of the Pilot has made me go KR crazy lately and most of my friend (stupidly) grew out of it years ago. :shock:

So hello to all, nice to be a part of a community that the show as much as me, if not more :D
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Stefania83
Stranger

Post by Stefania83 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:22 am

Hi!
I'm stefania and i'm writting from Italy (sorrry for my english... i'm improving it!!!)
This is a very beutiful web site... ? I've discorevered it now... I've just watch the pilot of the new serial ok Kitt... and I can said that is eccelent... Thanks america!!!

Stefania

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:15 pm

The name's Nathan and I'm 24 years old. Have been a great fans of the Knight Rider series since I watched it in the 1990s when it was re-aired in my country. Here's hoping to have a great moment with all of you Knight Rider fans.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:17 pm

hi im jim, im 25 and from kent in england. love knight rider and been a fan since i was little

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:13 am

TheMechanic wrote:
nightwheel wrote:Hi I'm nightwheel and I'm 17 years old. And I've been a fan of Knight Rider for as long as I can remember :kitt: And i hope the People at NBC make a new Knight Rider show. Because the movie was AWSOME :D
Phew, glad to know I'm not the only young'un around here. :lol:
Dont forget me.

Grew up watching Re-Runs back in the 90's. Always will love the show. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Hawke
Stranger

Post by Hawke » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Hello,

New here too even I'been keeping an eyes on this site for long years but my english was not good enough to communicate. In fact I'm from Europe, Belgium and my primary language is french. Please forgive me for spelling and grammar error, I'll do my best to write correctly as it's important for me also in french.

I'have been a knight rider fan since my teen (I called my bike Kitt at the time and still now it's the name of my computer).

KnightBrain
Stranger

Post by KnightBrain » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:17 am

Hi,

Been lurking around here for years and even had an old login which I can't seem to get to work, so created a new one.

Grew up with the original series. Sat in KITT at Universal years ago and even met the Hoff in Sydney, Australia a couple of years back. Got a great photo with him. Really nice guy - a little nuts, but really cool.

Oh. and I like the new series. Read my review on the "what did you think of it" thread.

Tracer
Stranger

Post by Tracer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi all, I am Brett from the UK and I grew up on Knight Rider.

I was glued to it every week and still cant get enough, liked the revamp too, looks cool

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:54 am

Hello, everyone. I'm kopiikat. I'm almost 23-years-old, which seems to put me in the middle age group here. I recently graduated from college and am currently flailing around trying to find my place in the universe.

Thanks to the new Knight Rider movie/pilot/episode, I was just reminded of how much I used to love Knight Rider when I was kid, (which must have been in reruns, since I wasn't born when it first aired,) and how much of a crush I used to have on KITT. I've just started rewatching all of the old episodes in order, and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. They've even inspired me to start writing some fanfiction again, which I haven't done since I was about 14...

Nice to meet you all!
KITT: 请别叫我‘汽车’或是‘几只轮子’,我是奈特工业2000号!