Soul Survivor Music

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ShadowRider
Recruit

Re: Soul Survivor Music

Post by ShadowRider » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:07 am

Thanks for the file!

cmcougar
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by cmcougar » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:30 am

O.K. Here is the post! I thank you KnightRacer for responding faster than I could register!! I have been wanting that "Soul Survior" music ever since I first heard it so many years ago, but never thought to look for it untill I re-watched the episode today. I am so glad that you still have it. Do you need to see my e-mail adress?

Thanks! :D

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:39 am

Nope,just sent you the file to your email.Enjoy it in good health.Welcome to the forum.

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 am

Glad someone has it. I have yet to be sent it. :(

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:29 am

Seems to me a sample of the song is used in this Song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfiTrQ2xHhM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 am

That does have a very similar tune.
Just wish i could get hold of the original score from the show.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 am

simon_a6 wrote:Glad someone has it. I have yet to be sent it. :(
That's probably down to your refusal to thank Racer for taking the time out of his busy schedule to get your details, and upload the file to his e-mail client. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Thats true Matthew and thanks for the recognition.I think he's suffered enough.I'll send it to you now.The only reason I asked to be thanked first was to keep count of how many people I've sent the file to.You might be surprised to find out how many I asked to say thank you after I've sent them the file that didn't.I like to keep count of things like how many I people I've helped helped get the file.I think you're number 31 or 32.What's your email?

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 am

Matthew wrote:
simon_a6 wrote:Glad someone has it. I have yet to be sent it. :(
That's probably down to your refusal to thank Racer for taking the time out of his busy schedule to get your details, and upload the file to his e-mail client. :good:

Matt
He has since sent it.
However, I don't thank someone for giving something to me, before they give it.
I was specifically asked to say thank you for the item, and only then would it be sent to me.

I do thank him for it now, however it is sadly the wrong track - or at least, it's only part of it.

Watch this, at 42s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB3rHXT ... 1&index=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The bass part is not in that mp3 file, sorry.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

Well I guess thats just you being ungrateful for the closest thing you could get your hands on to that track but thats ok too.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 am

simon, what planet did you grow up on? cause here on Earth, most people are taught to use manners like saying thank you before and after we receive something.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:03 am

simon_a6 wrote:He has since sent it.
However, I don't thank someone for giving something to me, before they give it.
I was specifically asked to say thank you for the item, and only then would it be sent to me.
Simon,

The irony of that statement is that nine times out of ten, you would have said thank you. A perfect example is a friend saying they’ll give you a lift if your car has broken down. The first thing you do in that situation is thank them for the offer, since they're taking the time to help you.

It’s the nature of humanity, and trying to avoid it just to make a point is ridiculous, as is bitching, pissing and moaning when your lack of grace reaps the appropriate rewards.

Matt

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:37 am

If someone offers a lift, yes you do. If someone says, "I'll get that for you", yes you do.
But have you ever been TOLD by the person that you have to publicly say thank you, before being given it?

"Well I guess thats just you being ungrateful for the closest thing you could get your hands on to that track but thats ok too.".
I'm grateful, as you know as I did thank you in my email, but it's not the actual track. I don't know a better way to say it. It's a sample of the incomplete track.

Now calm down children.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:24 am

children?! we're not the one acting like an ungrateful spoiled brat simon, you are! forgetting is one thing, but to act as ungrateful as you are, that's plain childish and selfish! you're not five years old are you simon? because you're acting like an 5 year old....

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:36 am

And you haven't seen my thanks, or the email I sent to the owner thanking him for it then?
No - because you are jumping to conclusions and trying to make this sound far worse than it really is - which is what children do.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Simon,

You’re overstepping your bounds in more ways than one. If this condescending attitude continues, I’ll be forced to suspend your account as a form of punishment. As such, I suggest you let the matter lie, and hope that this incident doesn’t adversely affect your chances of getting help from us in the future. :good:

Matt

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Matt
Please read this thread really properly and read "into it". I have done and said nothing wrong here. And I cannot believe you feel otherwise, unless you haven't really seen my side of things.
I read that there is this song available from Knight Racer. He offered it to anyone. I ask him if he would email me a copy, and he said he would if I thank him in advance.
Sorry, but that is a little too forward for my liking. I thank someone on receipt. If I said to you, "Matt, I will give you a lift home if you thank me first in front of all these people", would you?
You would probably thank me in advance anyway, but if I insisted you thank me FIRST.... I think you'd frown and walk away.

Anyway, after some time, you can see he did email it to me. I immediately replied to him email privately and thanked him, but noted with him, and on here, that the track is not the full and complete track on the programme. If you listen to it Matt, you will see that it isn't. This is not me being ungrateful, and never have I said "sorry, it's rubbish, I don't want it as it's not genuine".

It's close, in fact I think the original is a 'mix' of two tracks, and the sample that don peake issued was just one of the mix; hence my saying the bass is missing.

Everyone here is treating me like I am ungrateful and rude for not thanking in advance.
I am not the one in the wrong here. I don't think ANYONE is really in the wrong. The attitude here is getting a little aggressive and "playground like".

If you feel otherwise, you must do what you feel to be right as a supervisor, and I will respect whatever decision you make.

But overstepping my "bounds" is really not something I am doing and I really cannot accept that. I don't really like the tone of your saying I am. Like I said in a previous statement here: I feel like I am back at school!!

Take care, Simon.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:13 pm

I have to admit, if an offer was made to me in that particular way Simon, I probably would shake my head and walk away.

The problem here is that we’ve got a tightly knit community, and given the way you made your complaint, it came across as moaning. As a result, we witnessed the degeneration of what would appear to have been, in hindsight, a legitimate issue. Name calling and inflamed tempers don’t do any of us any good though, and I hope you’ll agree with me when I say that perhaps, dealing with the entire issue privately may have been the best course of action.

Under the circumstances, I think that the threat of suspension should be withdrawn, as whilst it was based upon the “children” comment, it would be difficult (looking back) to suggest that the comments made by both myself and Kal-el4 didn’t contribute to the final degradation of our civility in this matter.

Obviously, there are likely to be some issues that still need to be addressed going forward. Generally speaking though, I think that each of us needs to take a step back for a moment, and remember that the anonymity of the internet can often be a social hindrance. After all, the intent of our words can be lost by simply forgetting to use a smiley face, and the anger that often follows can quickly escalate into the kind of verbal jousting that completely ignores the fact that, at the end of the day, we’re all here to celebrate our love of a positively timeless TV show.

Matt

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:29 pm

I am sorry Simon, and in calling you a child, I ignored the fact that I was acting like one myself. At the time, I believed I was helping a good friend, but as I said; I failed to realize how I was acting. and you are wrong in that I didn't see your post apologizing to Knight Racer, fact is, I did. And your post came off as smug. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the track he sent you was incomplete, because it was incomplete until the studios added in the effects at a later date? or that that the track he has was the original cut before the effects were added. Just like I need to think before I post from now on, so do you....

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:53 am

If I remember correctly the CD which this track is from, wasn't official one. I don't own that CD so haven't heard if the other tracks are exactly like in the show but I might guess they're "sound a likes" too.
It still sounds nice and is the closest track available to the one in episode until Don Peake releases the true original track or someone else makes a "replica" track closer to the original.
I'm six years late but thank you Joe Huth, Sith and Neps for making this track available for download back in 2004 :)

Knightrider7777
Stranger

Post by Knightrider7777 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 pm

I myself would like to get my hands on the real original song from that episode

Knightrider7777
Stranger

Post by Knightrider7777 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:Seems to me a sample of the song is used in this Song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfiTrQ2xHhM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well not to sound mean or anything but Nahkatakkinen Tyttö, has nothing to do with the song in this episode. I mean the style, tune and rythem just are nothing like it and trying to compare the 2 is like trying to compare Cyndi Lauper to 2Poc or like trying to compare peaches to cheese burgers or even comparing a Bentley to a Dodge Lancer. Again I am not trying to be mean or anything but they just dont mix and they are nothing alike.

jerem_j
Stranger

Post by jerem_j » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi,

I am searching this song for some time. Can someone send me an email.
I Think it is from: Sonic Dilerium - Soul Survivor but there is no way to find it by Google or else.

Many thanks.

New KITT
Volunteer

Post by New KITT » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:25 am

I remember that episode. When I look at it now, it actually seems a bit funny. "Electronic music that hypnotises"....
-New KITT-

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:22 am

It wasn't the music that did it, it was the drug she put in the drink just as she started the music.
He was drugged. The music just kind of 'took it to another level'.