TKR DVD release?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DaraSue
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

TKR DVD release?

Post by DaraSue » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:21 am

Pardon the n00b question but the Google hasn't been entirely helpful here... Team Knight Rider was never actually officially released on DVD and even the DVD sets I see offered for $40+ are bootlegs, is that correct?

(It chaps my hide to pay for digital-only content that the distributor can just delete any time they feel like it but if it's that or paying $40 for bootlegs of questionable quality I guess the choice is clear, *sigh*.)

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: TKR DVD release?

Post by KFCreator » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:29 pm

You're right that TKR has never been officially released on DVD or any other home media, it has only ever been officially available from streaming services or places like the iTunes Store. But to put your mind at ease, I bought the TKR digital copies from iTunes way back in 2008 and I still have them available to me to this day. Pretty sure they're not going anywhere anytime soon.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:20 pm

Talking about TKR never being released officially stirred some nostalgia over this short lived show. Went through my TKR files in my KR archive I've been amassing since 1997 and found a few interesting pictures:

Hard to see but if you zoom in, you'll see the shadowy figures aren't the actors who play them. There may be an extra woman than man there. They had weapons which were never used on the show and the vehicles may not have been what were revealed in the series pilot.

I remember Nick Nugent once told me that the actor William Bumiller who played the part of James Marland in the episode KRO wouldn't do the episode until he was shown the toy car and figure that would be released of him.

Of all the vehicles the only one we get a good closeup shot of it's voice modulator in 1 episode was Dante in the series finale when talking about purchasing his own compnents with foundation money:

This one I found while watching my favorite episode, KRO:

You would think the very first car produced after kitt would have a better dash than just a silver monitor bank but I guess since they only needed it for one episode, brain in a box it is.

They spent so much on these dashboard alterations and all we ever saw were dash mounted monitor screens for their voice modulators.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:46 am

Looking at the instrument panel, looks pretty worrying as engine coolant temp is at the red hot scale, Check Engine light is on, Airbag light is on and fuel tank is almost empty :D

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:48 pm

KITTfan wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:46 am
Looking at the instrument panel, looks pretty worrying as engine coolant temp is at the red hot scale, Check Engine light is on, Airbag light is on and fuel tank is almost empty :D
This was taken probably from the episode Legion of Doom series finale after Kyle resurfaces with Dante's version of kitt's aquatic synthesizer to swim in water like kitt did in return to Cadiz (yes they copied their ancestral show). In this scene Dante took a missile while on the road and got thrown into the ocean from the impact with kyle so that missile did a lot of damage. What's also gunny is the instrument panel shows the car is in between reverse and neutral to get into the aquatic mode.

DaraSue
Volunteer

Post by DaraSue » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks KFCreator! Glad I found this out before I spent $30-50 on a bootleg.

(And cool pix Knight Racer!)

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:13 pm

I Hope One Day TEAM KNIGHT RIDER is Released on DVD and BLU-RAY in the US-Perhaps as Part of a KNIGHT RIDER MEGA-SET Which would Feature All of the TV Shows and Movies(Maybe in 2022(Knight Riders' 40th Birthday) on Both DVD and Blu-ray.

zr7abtawku
Stranger

Post by zr7abtawku » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 am

A German release is planned for later this year (likely, no confirmed date yet) and it'll include all Knight Rider series but TKR, KR2000, KR2010 only in SD :(