Another Knight Rider notion comes into being.

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Another Knight Rider notion comes into being.

Post by jup » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:41 pm

The self driving cars under the Tesla name get classic Atari games as an interactive Easter Egg. And the ultimate road trip distraction era has begun.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Another Knight Rider notion comes into being.

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Passenger "Dude did you see that?"

Driver:"What?" turns to see the screen

::::CRASH::::

Suddenly a new world of don't game and drive commercials given birth.

also, couldn't the figure out to get a purt on the passenger side to plug in a gaming controller for wire or wireless?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Man, it doesn't help my Subaru's Carplay lets me watch videos and such already on the screen. The day ain't far where I'll either get pulled over or crash lol

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:48 am

They should add Pac-Man and Intellivision's Auto Racing ;)

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:55 am

Knight Racer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Passenger "Dude did you see that?"

Driver:"What?" turns to see the screen

::::CRASH::::

Suddenly a new world of don't game and drive commercials given birth.

also, couldn't the figure out to get a purt on the passenger side to plug in a gaming controller for wire or wireless?
Not a fan of the touch screen interface, either. I mean...that pad thing they use is large. But, it's also in the center of the dash region. Not ideal for the best interface.

However, it does seem as if some idea of an interface was thought about. It's mentioned in the video that one of the games will be using the actual steering wheel as the interface. So...I guess that means all the controls are actually interactive to what is called 'Drive by wire'. Which means that when you turn the wheel, you aren't actually connected to the front tires in any way BUT via the computer.

And, if that is the case, I have yet another reason to be very scared of these vehicles. After all, if the traditional (physical) steering column was there that directly turned the front tires, then it would be possible to keep control of the vehicle in case of an emergency. However, if that wheel is only as physically connected as one of those driving wheel controllers for a video game system, then it means that you can suddenly be sitting in a run away car, the very second that fancy computer has a BSoD moment or just shuts down over a blown fuse.

Besides, I have a suspicion that this on-board computer will be blu-tooth friendly. Which should make wireless controllers and keyboards possible.