Hot wheels Retro Entertainment Unreleased?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nbcviper
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hot wheels Retro Entertainment Unreleased?

Post by nbcviper » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Fellow Knight Rider Fans!

I need some help! I love Knight rider, and I'm glad we have a Hot wheels Retro Entertainment 1:64 Die cast. It looks fantastic!
587a29281ed8d_245324b.jpg
Now, I know with Knight rider comes some VIPER fans. (Remember the old show from 1994 on NBC/Syndication for four+ years?) Anyways, I'm hoping I can reach out and get some help. My goal is to have Mattel release a VIPER DEFENDER 1:64 Retro Entertainment car. Hot wheels/Mattel own Matchbox who, Years ago were going to release a VIPER TV 1:64 Matchbox set. For whatever reason the cars never made it to production.
35321281_215296199094283_4214336702426120192_n.jpg
So, here is a little teaser of what could be with your help!
37204452_10160659103390471_1603238101059108864_n.jpg
We need people to message and bug Mattel to release this mold! Make this a reality. They own the rights to make it after buying Matchbox/Tyco. Some cars have been released from Tyco as slot cars. Hot wheels has been doing a great job with other Retro Entertainment cars. And some fans would like a Defender 1:64th scale car!

Here's some Mattel contact info:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hot_Wheels?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor
Customer Service: 1 (888) 892-6123
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hotwheels/

*Please don't tag this as spam!*
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Hot wheels Retro Entertainment Unreleased?

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 am

The show was recently released on dvd. I tried to find some Viper merchandise and couldn't find any at all anywhere. I think I remember finding that 2 car model on ebay or maybe somewhere online. The car went for around $260,000. The series wasn't very popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJXf6-OMWM

I think Nick Nugent once told me the producers of the show went on record saying they were trying to make another knight rider series when they created the show. It was based off knight rider origin. A criminal getaway driver has an accident and his face is augmented with plastic surgery. His memory altered with a chip to make him think he worked for law enforcement.

There was a comic where Michael Knight would communicate with kitt through a chip in his head placed while they did the surgery on his face. This was instead of the comn link wrist watch.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

If Mattel / Hotwheels won't do it, maybe it's worth asking Greenlight Collectibles doing it instead?
Greenlight has made MacGyver modelcars in 1/64 which was surprise to me. Not sure what other merchandise there is for MacGyver franchise?

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:05 am

I did contact Greenlight Die-Cast last year, No luck though. When I found out Mattel bought Matchbox thats when I figured we could give this a shot!

Viper did have quite a large following years ago. Now there still is a following but not like before. Viper's largest following is in Germany. It was extremely popular there.

Many car guys, Mopar fans and Viper fans would definitely dive into a 1:64th die-cast for sure. I remember posting years ago on here and finding many Viper fans. So hopefully we can stir some interest.

Another Video for the Die-cast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExY-2csCtag
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 am

I remember having a friend back in the early 2000 years who would do some amazing 3d cad artwork with the viper defender. I have about 20 images he made I can share if you use the telegram app or want to message me your email address.

Here are a few I found of some rare merchandise.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 am