GTA 5 Knight Rider Mod

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Augur89
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

GTA 5 Knight Rider Mod

Post by Augur89 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi,
i'm a big fan of the Knight Rider Model, knight racer and his team created. Using this KITT model and the Knight Rider Mod by 3id in combination with some further scripts, you can get a pretty good Knight Rider feeling
These are my favorite Knight Rider Videos,i created in GTA 5: (download links included)
https://youtu.be/PiZ5Yg_AtjQ?list=PLah0 ... 8qu0MsobFM
https://youtu.be/cSD610O04DA?list=PLah0 ... 8qu0MsobFM
https://youtu.be/zivgsvLfpUA?list=PLah0 ... 8qu0MsobFM

Unfortunately 3id seems to have stopped the mod development and there is still so much, that could be added. Especially an animated interior for KITT would be awsome (yes, it's possible, at least partially).

This is my list of things, that should be added to the mod:
- manually adjustable turbo boost
- silent mode
- fire extinguisher
- rear rocket launcher
- front rocket launcher (position still needs to be adjusted)
- better micro jam with sounds
- Super Pursuit Mode Transformation Animation (possible for sure)
- flame thower
- proper KITT Laser
- automatically holding ski mode if possible
- Autocruise with adjustible speed

So currently i'm looking for modders/scripters, that could do Knight Rider scripts or the animated interior.
I already got someone, who could do these things, but he could not start before middle of next year.
In addition to that, i talked to JulioNIB about it, but he isn't a fan and doesn't know much about the series.

So if one of you is willing to do it or knows someone who could do, pls let me know. No matter if they expect donations for it. we all know, time is money. Same for the Knight Industries 4000 (KIFT) from the Knight Rider 2000 movie.
We don't need to talk about the quality of that movie, but the car was nice. i especially liked the engine sound.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: GTA 5 Knight Rider Mod

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Well there are a few good scripts I've linked in the notepads such as the sound script one modder was able to achieve a pretty good jet engine sound system using 3 clips for the various speeds. One script I found I've included for a good ski mode that is more stable than the knight rider mod and won't bounce while driving. I've found several scripters on the gta5-mods site that have attempted to make kitt ability mods. I would try to download their mods, check to see if they included their email address to contact them directly. I would also recommend trying to do the same for other scripts that may be similar to what you want to achieve. See if they included their email addresses in the notepads for their downloads. I must have had to do that for about 100 cars until I found the great mod converter I found Teoadrianoj . Our only issue was that his English wasn't that good and we had to use a translator site in order to communicate between our hundreds of emails to get the car just right.

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:45 am

Adjustable Turbo Boost would be awesome if you ask me.
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:58 am

The hydraulics mod I linked in the notepad was better for jumping than the knight rider mod because it offered different levels of jumping you can customize in the script.

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Knight Racer wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:58 am
The hydraulics mod I linked in the notepad was better for jumping than the knight rider mod because it offered different levels of jumping you can customize in the script.
What notepad, the readme in your KITT model mod?

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Knight Racer wrote:

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:55 pm

The few KR mods for gta 5 that i have seen are mostly adaptations of the old San Andreas mods, there was the Old School mod which featured manually adjusted turbo boost power but also an automatic mode which calculated the height of the objects in front of the car and made the jump as smooth as possible, even leaning the nose like in the show, which was more complicated than simply changing the vehicles position. It would be cool to see it ported aswell

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:39 pm

WittgenTT5/Rstein wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:27 pm
Knight Racer wrote:
Yes, that notepad. The settings in my .ini file were:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SETTINGS>

<MAX_TIME_HOLD_BUTTON>25</MAX_TIME_HOLD_BUTTON>

<Z_MULTIPLIER>50.0</Z_MULTIPLIER>

<KEY>0x10</KEY>

</SETTINGS>

Augur89
Volunteer

Post by Augur89 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:17 am

Knight Racer wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:16 pm
Well there are a few good scripts I've linked in the notepads such as the sound script one modder was able to achieve a pretty good jet engine sound system using 3 clips for the various speeds. One script I found I've included for a good ski mode that is more stable than the knight rider mod and won't bounce while driving. I've found several scripters on the gta5-mods site that have attempted to make kitt ability mods. I would try to download their mods, check to see if they included their email address to contact them directly. I would also recommend trying to do the same for other scripts that may be similar to what you want to achieve. See if they included their email addresses in the notepads for their downloads. I must have had to do that for about 100 cars until I found the great mod converter I found Teoadrianoj . Our only issue was that his English wasn't that good and we had to use a translator site in order to communicate between our hundreds of emails to get the car just right.
well 100 tries is indeed more than i expected. I'll keep searching.

Augur1989
Stranger

Post by Augur1989 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:23 pm

in the meanwhile the Knight Rider Mod received a long list of updates.

Here's a link of the latest version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__LthXMwJP0

there's still a few things, i want to add:
- Laser
- vigilante mission accessibility
- rocket launcher
- automatically holding ski mode
- working T-Tops
- opening/ closing window function
- black out windows

if you have further ideas, let me know