Netflix is interested in Knight Rider sequel, Marilyn Manson as a villain according to DH

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Netflix is interested in Knight Rider sequel, Marilyn Manson as a villain according to DH

Post by Radicalas » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Some news websites in Germany yesterday posted articles about possible comeback of Knight Rider. According to DH statements 75% of planning is done, Netflix is interested in 13 episodes, Marilyn Manson may be a villain. Few weeks ago Hasselhoff was at Netflix for mysterious reasons (according to his Twitter post, which was deleted).

Here's some links from Germany:
https://www.n-tv.de/leute/David-Hasselh ... 81058.html
https://www.focus.de/kultur/kino_tv/kni ... 53884.html
https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhalt ... .bild.html
https://mag.shock2.info/david-hasselhof ... -comeback/

David's Twitter post on January 26th: http://t.co/bLYkhpGIjW

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Netflix is interested in Knight Rider sequel, Marilyn Manson as a villain according to DH

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Thanks for the update. Been checking the net for any news on this project. I tweeted that a great man once told you on his dearhbed "One man can make a dofference Michael and you are going to be that man. " Be that man again David... be that man again.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Netflix is interested in Knight Rider sequel, Marilyn Manson as a villain according to DH

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm

I forgot to discuss the Marilyn Manson as a villain part. I can't believe the way KR is going in the way of picking the villains. I was hoping for a higher caliber villain than him. Something along the lines of what the old series had.

Passepartout
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Passepartout » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 am

But kind of wonder if David will play the part like a Devon or will be behind Kitt's wheel? Sorry MM as a villain not my cup of tea.
AUTUMN WINDS!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am

Considering he wanted to play the father figure in the last series I doubt he'll be the main star but training a new person to take over his role and most likely a new AI and new car. He also brought it to a people's attention that he wanted to be the role of Devon miles training someone in previous interviews.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Manson? Please, no.

I'd rather have the son of Garth.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 am

Just translated the German website to English. It's very interesting what David says about it:

Old cart, new decade. In the resurrection of the cult series "Knight Rider" Auto K.I.T.T. not missing. David Hasselhoff knows how to dispel fan worries: the car is not being converted to modern, it remains as it

From 1982 to 1986 David Hasselhoff played in the cult series "Knight Rider" Michael Knight. With his talking car K.I.T.T. he fought against injustice and crime. He confirmed in August 2017 that the 65-year-old wants to bring back the show. With the help of James Gunn, the director of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2", he is working on a comeback. But what should that look like?

"I have a vision," Hasselhoff told the newspaper "Bild". They are working on a new concept for the series, which is more than just a reboot. Fans may be particularly interested in what will become of the old car almost 30 years after the show ended. In the matter gives Hasselhoff all-clear: The history of Michael and K.I.T.T. I want to go on, "he said," K.I.T.T. bring back as he was. Not as a mega modern electric car ".

Kitt. in modern times

For the reunion between Michael Knight and K.I.T.T. Has Hasselhoff a precise idea. It should take place in a garage. Their entertainment should refer to the past years as well as the associated technical innovations. For as progressive as then is K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff also knows this today: "The claim must be: how can we get K.I.T.T. into modern times with the same sense of humor and the same approaches?"

In any case, nothing should be rushed. The planning is at "75 percent," said Hasselhoff. 13 episodes will be filmed first. Among other things, the streaming service Netflix have expressed interest. "There's a big market there, dads who used to be boys are bringing their boys in now," the actor and singer is sure.

In addition to the help of James Gunn has already advertised another celebrity for the new "Knight Rider" series: the 49-year-old shock rocker Marilyn Manson wants to play a villain. The sequel according to Hasselhoff should definitely be darker. Both K.I.T.T. as well as Michael had become older.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:09 pm

An interesting idea strikes me. What if a running sub-plot throughout the first season is a modern FLAG making plans on building a brand new, modern KITT while we have the traditional Trans-Am still in service. Now...there would be an active web site running for the fans to put in all their ideas into what the new KITT should be. (Design/model. Features. Innovations. More.) And, by the end of the first season, the cast and crew get the final vote in on what this season long poll has produced.

It could work. Or, we could have trolls getting in on it to push something horrible. ( https://youtu.be/Pw9gaEiQAxY )

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 am

You raise an interesting point I didn't think of until now Jup. Back in the 80's we had a blessing when a train derailed a Pontiac shipment had a derailment and some law said they couldn't be sold to consumers. So they were sold to Universal for a pretty low amount. In 97 we had TKR which was a Ford commercial and same for the 2008 series Mustang. Since they're going with a trans am and I know they are hard to come by these days, I'm assuming pretty much everything will have to be CGI for stunts this time around which could be rather expensive. Not sure how difficult it is to get a car company to let them chose their car for the show since they might have too much control over how much they can augment their car without it looking too much like a different vehicle. With the trans am we have the modified tail lights, nose, computerized interior. If it's Ford we may not be able to get anything modified. Hope Chevy lets them use the Camaro.

There was one function I would have thought was too farfetched for KR called Molecular Flash where the driver and the car could pass through objects but that would negate the fun purpose of turbo boost which I couldn't live without in KR.

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 am

Knight Racer wrote:
There was one function I would have thought was too farfetched for KR called Molecular Flash where the driver and the car could pass through objects but that would negate the fun purpose of turbo boost which I couldn't live without in KR.
There's high-tech, and there's breaking the laws of physics.
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:52 am

WittgenTT5/Rstein wrote:
Knight Racer wrote:
There's high-tech, and there's breaking the laws of physics.

You're right, that wouldn't be anything like Michael getting psychic powers temporarily (Soul Survivor: Michael senses kitt's presence), kitt burning up from intense heat after Junk Yard Dog and knight of the juggernaut, kitt's pyro plastic lamination coat being off(kitt being able to drive through lava without his tires bursting or shell desuntegrating within the first 2 seconds) or kitt being able to rotate dice to help Michael win at gambling when kitt's parked outside (Goliath and knight by a nose).

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Knight Racer wrote:There was one function I would have thought was too farfetched for KR called Molecular Flash where the driver and the car could pass through objects but that would negate the fun purpose of turbo boost which I couldn't live without in KR.
Really??? There was serious talk about bringing K.A.M.O.'s prototype function into cannon status? I...I feel so honored. (Reference from my only KR fan fiction, 'Knight of the K.A.M.O.', where in the early days of Wilton's dash for making a super car, more then one team of scientists were creating cars. Only, K.A.M.O. lost the race to K.A.R.R. and was abandoned in a desert laboratory. I don't think that fan fiction hides anywhere on the internet, now.)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Well I did invent the molecular flash function for a vehicle that was designed to be an upgraded body to the Knight 2000 back in the late 90's. It was part of a fan-fiction I was writing where a villain Michael and kitt were fighting had been crippled and Garthe decided to copy his brain algorithms into a CPU / processing device that would run the new vehicle body.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 am

Makes me ponder just how many interesting ideas may lay in fan fictions.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 am

Actually that was a quick shot runoff in which Garthe Knight used the brain of a criminal they accidentally paralyzed while in pursuit
to put into a new body meant for kitt during transport and eventually Michael and kitt would have to use with the criminals wife and kid to stop him from continuing his rampage with Garthe.

My main fan fiction I was working on was set more in the "What if" world where Michael was teamed up with karr. Michael never met Wilton Knight. Devon was a computerized hologram. Kitt was the evil car and Garthe Knight teamed up with Tanya Walker.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:53 pm

That's a very interesting 'What if' reality, indeed. Really sets the potentials on it's ear.