Michael Long

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Raedawn
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Michael Long

Post by Raedawn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi, I'm new and it's my first post. I've loved Knight Rider since I was five. My questions may have been answered already, but in the pilot they discuss Michael's injures from the bullet wound. They say they won't know what he really looked and of course he gets a new face. But wouldn't he have been carrying I.D. like a driver's license when they found him? And even though he received a new identity, would the police department where he worked ever wonder what happened to him? No body was found, he just seemed to vanish.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Michael Long

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 am

In the pilot episode, Devon mentions using someone else's body they stole from a morg so a body was discovered and possibly altered to be his. My guess, since they also mentioned Michael Knight's finger prints to have been expertly altered theymay have done the sameto thecorose and possibly dental changes to be similar to Long's records.

In the season 2 episode knightmares, a newspaper is pulled upon the foundation computer that says Michael longs body found dead.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 pm

It's a bizarre line that doesn't add up either way.

I'm surprised in this day and age where every single character needs a prequel back story, we don't have a "Michael Long" prequel series. And please -- NO -- we don't need one.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Raedawn wrote:Hi, I'm new and it's my first post. I've loved Knight Rider since I was five. My questions may have been answered already, but in the pilot they discuss Michael's injures from the bullet wound. They say they won't know what he really looked and of course he gets a new face. But wouldn't he have been carrying I.D. like a driver's license when they found him? And even though he received a new identity, would the police department where he worked ever wonder what happened to him? No body was found, he just seemed to vanish.

On the season 2 episode knightmares It is revealed that when Michael lost his memory and walks in his old police station one of the police officers “was in on it the whole time” called Devon miles to come get him.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 am

I believe that officer was placed there by the foundation through secret means to cover up any details between Michael Long's murder and possibly to set up Michael Knight's identity in any database.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 pm

I know some people that are utterly belligerent about not carrying a license or any ID on their person. (the gubmint can't make meee!) They'd memorize their license number and give it to me when I asked for it at the cashier desk for large checks, as per store policy. No word on what the police thought of this; pretty sure you have to present an actual, active driver's license if pulled over.
On the medical front, two high-profile face transplants have been performed in recent years. The results are functional --and a life changer for the recipients-- but there could be some improvements in the aesthetics front, which I'm sure will come with time. I think it's just amazing that they're able to actually do that now.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 am

Not for nothing, but here in Nee Jersey, people didn’t start having pictures on their licenses until the early 1990’s. So it’s plausable that even if he was carrying ID he probably didn’t have a picture on it. He was undercover at the time of “death” and wouldn’t have police ID either. Although in future episodes it’s clearly stated that after potential operatives were killed, they eyed Michael Long. My only assumption is Wilton and maybe Devon knew what he looked like as Michael Long, and a random plastic surgeon called in to fix a head wound patient “will never know what he looked like” prior.
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."