KNIGHT RIDER AT 35

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KNIGHT RIDER AT 35

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Many of you know KR is about turn 35. This show, which I have no doubt whatsoever influenced some of the technology that are available in cars today(OnStar, Auto Collision Avoidance Systems, etc.) is One of the Coolest Shows Ever, and would become a Legacy, with all the spinoiffs and a possible return to TV. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KNIGHT RIDER :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Re: KNIGHT RIDER AT 35

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Happy Birthday in advance to our beloved car!

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 pm

It truly is becoming an amazing time, all right. After all, the world is virtually at all our fingertips. (For good and bad.) Yes. Even that was a far reaching dream, back in the days of the Knight Rider. Computers were barely powerful enough to handle almost any task that we just take for granted, today. Color in televisions wasn't universally established, yet. Mobile communications was still uncommon and mostly confined to vehicles. Privately owned drone aircraft would remain a thing of science fiction for a good 30 years. Getting a complete season of anything to watch at your leisure meant sticking to the schedule of television and collecting piles of VHS cassettes. (Or, BetaMax.) Navigating the world meant working with paper printed maps and trying to cross reference with land marks or city street names. Fuel was cheap. So, many vehicles didn't have gas saving notions integrated into their design. (KR even points that one out.) A computer hacker was almost unheard of. (Ironically, the first computer virus was meant to detour piracy by slowing down the drives of infected machines.) So many ideas, dreamed up from back then are now happening.

The first waves of self driving vehicles are already out there on the streets. GPS has made paper maps nearly useless. Virtually everyone has global communications in their pocket and placed the payphone into qualifying as a Smithsonian artifact. (Not to mention that phone is also an insanely powerful micro computer.) Camera hobbyist and flight enthusiast are now drawn to drones. Holding a conversation with a computer is technically already possible. And is only getting more realistic, every day. Cyber security is more important then ever. Vehicle safety features are better then ever. Life is better then ever.

Now, I wouldn't hold my breath for a super formula that allows a car to bust down brick walls and such without taking so much as a scratch or any super jump features. But a whole lot of those features that Kitt had are becoming real. And it is truly amazing. Why, just the other day, I heard about a security system for your car that uses low volt sensors to detect actions happening to your car. And that sounds a whole lot like Kitt's array of sensors at work.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:52 pm

When I was a young kid, I loved the show for its cool star, Kitt. I later loved it for the characters, plots, and action sequences. Now I love it for the message it stands for, that one man can make a difference.