Motor Trend interviews David Hasselhoff - Aug 2, 2017

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tarmac
Rookie

Motor Trend interviews David Hasselhoff - Aug 2, 2017

Post by Tarmac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:45 pm

http://www.motortrend.com/news/celebrit ... asselhoff/
NBC’s 2008 Knight Rider and a future Knight Rider

Hasselhoff has strong views of NBC’s failed reboot, which did not feature him as a star in the show he helped create and is most associated with many fans. “It was horrible,” he says. “The sad part about that whole thing was I’m the one who brought the reboot to NBC, and I’m the one who created the story. I’m the one who found financing, and then they decided to do it in their own way and cut me out. It was like, ‘Wow, this is a Hollywood story.’ I had people walk up to me and say, ‘What is that show?’ It was not Knight Rider—it was terrible.”

When asked if he ever thinks about Knight Rider returning with him in it, Hasselhoff interrupts mid question, as if asked a thousand times before, and gives an answer that does not disappoint.

“100 percent,” he says. “For 10 years I’ve been thinking about it and had the rights to it. Now it’s at the Weinstein Company, and the Weinstein Company wants to make fun of it, like Starsky and Hutch or Chips. I had the rights for two years.”

What Hasselhoff envisioned for the NBC reboot was rather different than what ended up on TV.

Even though the Weinstein Company holds the rights now, for the many fans around the world who were touched by that iconic show and keep wondering if there will be another try at it with Hasselhoff as the star, there’s always hope because he isn’t giving up either.

“I’m still fighting to bring it back. Robert Rodriguez who did Machete, I said, ‘Hey, how about we do Knight Rider comes back and he’s really pissed off! Hahaha! And Michael and KITT just get back together!’” he says. “I never give up on anything. The same thing with Hoff the Record. We had a deal with Netflix, and the Netflix deal fell through and we never gave up. We finally got it as an acquisition but not an original.”
He also talks about the original Knight Rider, check it out at the link!

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Motor Trend interviews David Hasselhoff - Aug 2, 2017

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Pretty neat article from my favorite magazine MotorTrend!

Speaking of which their article on the new Mustang vs. Chevy was superb!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:11 pm

Wow, thanks fornthe new interview Tarmac. Its nice to see some news on this show.

OKC KNIGHT
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 pm

WTF ??? First I have heard of this ?????????

"He actively buys and refurbishes old Trans Ams into KITTs, to the delight of many fans, who are clients, as well as those unsuspecting car owners he approaches on the street to buy their car. “I just bought another Trans Am,” Hasselhoff says. “When I see them on the road, pull people over, and say, ‘Do you want to sell it?’ They flip out, and they usually sell it to me. I buy them and fix them up. Make them into a Knight Rider car with a gull-wing and make it drivable and make it a better engine. It’s a lot of fun. And then people offer me $150,000 and I go, ‘OK.’”
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Wow, thanks fornthe new interview Tarmac. Its nice to see some news on this show.
You're welcome!

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:47 pm

OKC KNIGHT wrote:WTF ??? First I have heard of this ?????????

"He actively buys and refurbishes old Trans Ams into KITTs, to the delight of many fans, who are clients, as well as those unsuspecting car owners he approaches on the street to buy their car. “I just bought another Trans Am,” Hasselhoff says. “When I see them on the road, pull people over, and say, ‘Do you want to sell it?’ They flip out, and they usually sell it to me. I buy them and fix them up. Make them into a Knight Rider car with a gull-wing and make it drivable and make it a better engine. It’s a lot of fun. And then people offer me $150,000 and I go, ‘OK.’”
That also surprised me, definitely news to me.