why not use these kind of Graphics for the game? (Split Topic)

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

AppleMacri1980
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

why not use these kind of Graphics for the game? (Split Topic)

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:39 am

Well u an sorry just that these guys are taking so long we were supposed to have a demo by now and it's 2017 Neil said 2016 October and all i see is a website that has a boring page on it so i am always thinking that this game is a scammer just like that Knight Rider fan that was scammed for her parts for months so how can you guys be so defending when some of you know i am right.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: why not use these kind of Graphics for the game?

Post by msKEN » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:33 am

You and your scam crap. I didn't take anyone's money. I didn't run a Kickstarter and I didn't ask for donations. Never. Not once. So who am I scamming again? Oh you're mad cause we're fans and hobbyist game developers with lives outside of the project. Got it.

The game is going to be a while. Plain and simple. Maybe even another year (I really hope not). We're down to 2 guys working on it and it's an ambitious project. The demo is very late because my PC's motherboard fried on me. I'm far from rich so I have to wait until tax returns come in to repair it. All I have for now is my test rigs and they are not powerful enough to run the game engine tools.

People support the project because I took the game to a few events and let people play it. So they know it's real and also understand that things can and will go wrong. That's life. Sorry.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:17 pm

AppleMacri1980 wrote:Well u an sorry just that these guys are taking so long we were supposed to have a demo by now and it's 2017 Neil said 2016 October and all i see is a website that has a boring page on it so i am always thinking that this game is a scammer just like that Knight Rider fan that was scammed for her parts for months so how can you guys be so defending when some of you know i am right.
Firstly, I assume you're once again confusing Neil with the game's creator, Ken. Beyond that though, I'm stumped as to why exactly you think it's acceptable to call him a scammer?! He's spent nothing but his own hard earned money on the assets required to build this game, and just because it didn't arrive when you wanted it to, it doesn't give you the right to drag his name through the mud like this.

To be blunt, you owe Ken an apology.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 am

AppleMacri1980 wrote:Well u an sorry just that these guys are taking so long we were supposed to have a demo by now and it's 2017 Neil said 2016 October and all i see is a website that has a boring page on it so i am always thinking that this game is a scammer just like that Knight Rider fan that was scammed for her parts for months so how can you guys be so defending when some of you know i am right.

Seriously. Ken has accepted no cash from anyone but his own pocketbook. No scams to be found at all. Making video games takes a long time. Especially if it looks more advanced then Pong. Making video games is also crazy expensive. There are others with visions of kicking out some grand game and open up Kick Starters, only to come face on with reality and everyone loses their trust investments.

Very seriously...I'm tired, a bit grumpy and I truly feel that someone whom is putting forth a grand effort on their vision without the assistance of others deserves to not only be protected from any form of prosecution, but even treated with a bit of presidential secret service protection. So...he had hopes for making a presentation game by such a date and life got in the way of those plans. It is sad to hear that his volunteer staffing has diminished, as well. After all, in the world of the Knight Rider, even one man didn't truly do it all. Same goes for real life.

As for those GTA graphics...if you really, truly want a dedicated KR game like that, go hire a whole crew of professional game makers out of your own money sources. Given that game making companies declare bankruptcy with a million left in the bank, how about you set the opening budget at...oh...say twenty-five million. Oh...and don't expect to charge a penny upon the release, neither. Universal would Cease and Desist you in no time, flat.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:15 am

He's just a bad troll man, let it be.