Team Knight Rider On DVD NOW!!!!!!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Team Knight Rider On DVD NOW!!!!!!!

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:24 am

hello everybody this is a big and very important shout out to everybody who loves TKR to help and motivate Universal Studios to release team Knight Rider on DVD I'm going to be creating an online petition but I need to know that I'm going to get support then.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Re: Team Knight Rider On DVD NOW!!!!!!!

Post by Assasinge » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:45 am

Not like the show was any good anyway.

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Assasinge wrote:Not like the show was any good anyway.
alot of people like TKR just because you dont like it dosnt mean we cant enjoy it

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Ah well, valid point. However, how do you plan on getting this petition across? We need more people here. At least link us to it lol

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Assasinge wrote:Ah well, valid point. However, how do you plan on getting this petition across? We need more people here. At least link us to it lol
that's the point of the post so people can say their opinions and can say if they want to support this online petition or not

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:34 pm

AFTON ROBOTICS wrote:
Assasinge wrote:Ah well, valid point. However, how do you plan on getting this petition across? We need more people here. At least link us to it lol
that's the point of the post so people can say their opinions and can say if they want to support this online petition or not
https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ge ... n-dvd.html the petition is now online!!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Aside from Kro, Legion of Doom and Angels in chains, I don't think the show was so great. I'd buy it if it were around $25 but not more that.That and only if it had many bonus features.

If you want to buy the show, it is for sale on dvd at:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/team-knight-rid ... -564675222

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:47 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Aside from Kro, Legion of Doom and Angels in chains, I don't think the show was so great. I'd buy it if it were around $25 but not more that.That and only if it had many bonus features.
Knight Racer tells it like it is.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:10 am

AFTON ROBOTICS wrote:
Assasinge wrote:Not like the show was any good anyway.
alot of people like TKR just because you dont like it dosnt mean we cant enjoy it
I thought TKR was good.
Its like alot of people did not like 2008 knight rider and the mustang which i liked and enjoyed.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:25 am

Ok, going to be brutally honest with you. I personally actually liked the Mustang in some ways for reasons I don't know why. The transformations thing still was plain stupid though.

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:31 am

Assasinge wrote:Ok, going to be brutally honest with you. I personally actually liked the Mustang in some ways for reasons I don't know why. The transformations thing still was plain stupid though.
Nanomachines, son?
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Assasinge wrote:Ok, going to be brutally honest with you. I personally actually liked the Mustang in some ways for reasons I don't know why. The transformations thing still was plain stupid though.
Yeah i agree the transformations thing was dumb when kitt became a truck and the van and the police car and the old school 70s mustang.
I just liked the attack mode only.

I like kitt as a mustang but kitt would looks awesome to as a camaro or corvette.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Kitt_24 wrote:I just liked the attack mode only. I like kitt as a mustang but kitt would looks awesome to as a camaro or corvette.
Well, yeah. Don't forget the time KITT brought out those retarded gatling guns from his hood in attack mode...Jesus. Lol. A corvette KITT..hm...

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Aside from Kro, Legion of Doom and Angels in chains, I don't think the show was so great. I'd buy it if it were around $25 but not more that.That and only if it had many bonus features.

If you want to buy the show, it is for sale on dvd at:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/team-knight-rid ... -564675222
yes you can buy that also at ioffer but many people would prefer an official source to buy the tkr DVDs they want an official source where they can rely on because on this website there's no guarantee of the DVDs being low quality or high quality stuff

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Aside from Kro, Legion of Doom and Angels in chains, I don't think the show was so great. I'd buy it if it were around $25 but not more that.That and only if it had many bonus features."
I was going to say similar. The show had a few decent episodes. However, there was plenty of reason to cheer at some odd WAV that someone put together from Southpark regarding TKR.

"Oh my God! They killed Kyle!"
"Sweet!"

If the set was in some discount bin for maybe $9.99...maybe. I mean, the show was a thing. It didn't really go anywhere. Never completed. KITT in a Folgers can and a mannequin in MK clothes. Michael's missions are recorded in a TV Guide brief listing style. The KR Fan Fiction with a budget, as I always joked it was.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:22 am

jup wrote:KITT in a Folgers can and a mannequin in MK clothes. Michael's missions are recorded in a TV Guide brief listing style. The KR Fan Fiction with a budget, as I always joked it was.
Mhm. Show got around somehow...

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 am

Just when I thought there couldn't be another reason to hate TKR, I found another reason: I had completely forgotten, but the second to last episode, "Spy Girls", is actually a pilot for a spin-off series. Yes, that horrible episode is meant to be a canon KR spin-off episode. I don't even want KRO to validate it by putting it alongside "Code of Vengeance".

Of interesting note, the pilot is the only episode not scored by Gary Stockdale, and is instead scored by musical song and vocal artist Aeone, who also provided the terrible song. This appears to be her only on-screen scoring credit.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 am

Considering that TKR was a second stab over the failure of KR 2010...and 2010 was apart of the whole Action Pack, which liked to revive old ideas with odds and ends, I'm not surprised in the least that they would try to use an active TV slot to try and procreate yet another show. Not in the slightest.

Not even remotely a new idea in Hollywood, neither. Right off the top of my head comes Assignment: Earth...a proposed show that used up an entire Star Trek episode to sell it's story through.

From Wikipedia...

"Engaged in "historical research", the Enterprise time travels to 1968 Earth where they encounter an interstellar agent planning to intervene in 20th century events with motives uncertain to Kirk and Spock. This episode served as a backdoor pilot for a proposed spin-off television series, produced by Roddenberry, also to be called Assignment: Earth. Guest performers Robert Lansing, as Gary Seven, and Teri Garr, as Roberta Lincoln, would have continued in the new series had it been commissioned"

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 am

Only KR 2010 had nothing to do with Knight Rider. It was a conincidently named thing with vaguely similar aspects.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Yup. And there are reasons for that.

Would you believe that KR 2010 was all about the further adventures of Michael Knight and KITT in a slightly futuristic world of more advanced crimes?

Well...Universal didn't, either. And it all got wrung out in the courtroom.

Action Pack walked away with...the name. That's it. No Michael Knight. No KITT. No future world of crimes.

And that is why Knight Rider 2010 was the very final Action Pack episode to run before the format change. They were promising this show for a couple seconds during every AP episode. They were stuck and had to make...something.

So we got Mad Max-ish car show with dodgy Knight Rider elements. Heroic guy...in future...with car...has a thick skin...and an on-board intelligence...via science...fighting for justice. (That last one's a real stretch.)

AP went back to the drawing board and ran with that loose, dodgy notion and that hard won name and went full throttle for Team Knight Rider. (The fan fiction...with a budget.)

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 pm

That's the type of garbage you'd see on wattpad.com...or fanfiction.net, ugh.

Knight2051
Stranger

Post by Knight2051 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:35 am

:kittside: This might sound odd. Does anyone have a copy of Knightrider 2010 to offer? North American region?

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:10 am

Oh...I have both a 'YES' and a 'NO' reply to that question.

YES. I do have a copy of Knight Rider 2010 in my library.
-BUT-
NO. It's buried in storage and I have zero idea if I'll ever unbury it, anytime soon. Besides, I'm not sure if I still have the means to create dubs off of old VHS cassettes. (Another) Besides, it was recorded off of broadcast television from a channel that may not have come in all that clearly, to begin with. Creating a dub off of that master may be a complete waste of time, even if I still have the means to do so. (I've kind of thinned out my VCR's, years ago. And, it's not like they make those things, anymore. The last company on Earth shut down the assembly line, some months back.)

Maybe someone else has a copy that is possible to get a dubbing off of? This is most certainly the community to ask about such a rarity from.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 am

Hey Knight2051, check your private messages/email. Sometimes I can pull off a miracle.