Junk Shop Score

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mechanicjay
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Junk Shop Score

Post by Mechanicjay » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:15 am

My mom is in town visiting, so I took her down to Pikes Place Market today for some shopping / tourist stuff today.

As she was in whatever shops, I was wondering around. At the end of the hall, on one of the lower levels of the market, was what I can only describe as an old school junk shop. All sorts of random crap, for a couple bucks. 16 mm movie projectors, VHS tapes for $1, some old toys, stereo components, etc etc etc. In one glass case i saw it. A matchbox sized KITT. I finished looking around the store -- it seemed to be a cash-only establishment and I had none on me. I ran into my Mom in the hallway. At 35 years old, I ran up to her, "Mommy! I need $10!" She laughed at me and handed some cash. I ran away, back to the store.

$5 and I finally own a KITT.

As we were walking and talking, I mentioned how, it was strange, that Knight Rider being my second favorite show growing up, I never had a KITT. Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show when I was little. As an adult, Dukes is a fun trip down memory lane, but KR continues to really capture my imagination. Anyway, I got a shot of my new KITT and my original General Lee (This was actually like my 3rd one, since literally wore the first two out when I was little):

So, as with any new car purchase, I got it home and cleaned it up, washed the price sticker residue off and found that the wheels didn't turn real well, due to rusty axles. So I got out my pen oiler, oiled up the wheels and while still not great, they'll at least spin on a smooth surface, like my desk.

Seems to be a Vintage 1982 Kenner model, that originally came as a "Turbo Booster" set:
http://www.kennercollector.com/2015/01/ ... o-booster/

Unfortunately, the Turbo Booster was no where to be found in the shop.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Junk Shop Score

Post by KFCreator » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:12 am

Nice score, Mechanicjay! That car was also my first (or one of my very first) KITT cars I ever got as a kid, and mine also is just the car itself, nothing else from the Turbo Booster set. Mine came from a family friend's son, who gave it to me.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:29 am

Nice find :)

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:47 am

That indeed is a superb find there man! And here I am begging my dad to get me the Hotwheels Elite KITTS. Who am i kidding...

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:47 am

That indeed is a superb find there man! And here I am begging my dad to get me the Hotwheels Elite KITTS. Who am i kidding...