William Daniels interview with Navtones

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

William Daniels interview with Navtones

Post by Assasinge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Just stumbled across this interview with William here: http://knightrideronline.com/navtones/

I always wonder, that no matter how different his voice is now then it was in TOS, why were the producers of the KR 08 stupid enough to not contact him? Just makes me so sad hearing this interview and then looking at the new KR and something doesn't seem to feel right here.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: William Daniels interview with Navtones

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:13 pm

As much as they said they wanted to rekindle the great series, they sure did take steps not to bring back any of the old crew. David was very into making the series great again but they turned down all his ideas and you think someone who wasn't eager to rejoin the show would have been contacted at all?

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: William Daniels interview with Navtones

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm

I think William (Bill) Daniels has pretty much retired from acting overall in the last decade or so, with only a few small bit parts here and there. So even had the producers wanted him to come back and do the voice of KITT in 2008, I'm not sure he would have been really interested in it. Not to mention that the 2008 series was really intended to be a fresh reboot essentially of the franchise, with just some ties to the original. I actually never minded that the 2008 series had a new voice for KITT because, in my mind at least, that solidified the fact that the Knight 3000 was not, in any way, the classic KITT we all knew. And that left open the possibility that had the show gone on to be more successful and into a second season that maybe we would have had the opportunity to see the classic KITT come back and interacting with the Knight 3000. And on a bit of a side note, this is an issue that I will be addressing directly in my Knight Rider Generations book that I'm working on too.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff