A nice indecent little scene

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

A nice indecent little scene

Post by Assasinge » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:08 pm

I was watching A Nice Indecent Little Town today and while Inwas watching the part where KITT comes to rescure Michael from the impound it seemed they reused the same scene from Knight Of the Phoenix too. Did anyone else catch that?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A nice indecent little scene

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Yes, they've reused that footage from the pilot Knight of the Phoenix. they also reuse the plane exploding scene from the pilot in season 3 episode where Michael is poisoned and they use a jet to escape. Except Kitt does something to the transmited date to the flight crew to keep the jet in the air in circles until kitt can get the plane back to the airport landing are to intercept and get Michael the antidote for the poison. The episode is called Dead of Knight. They reuse footage from other movies as wel. In the episode you recently watched if you're going in order, not a drop to drink, the scene where the mountain top is crumbling down is from Superman 3 or 4. A-Team used a chopper scene from James Bond movie.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey, thanks for the insight. I actually had one more question, when KITT is in the impound and one of the goons is making KITT drive backwards by doing something to him, one of the other men says something to the goon about making KITT drive backwards onto the platoform. Judging from the fact that KITT was on, wouldn't he be listening to their conversation or at least have picked up on it? I mean, he can pick up any conversation anywhere, so why did he let himself get tricked like that?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Well he didn't want to be jacked up from the front with that tool and he couldn't really drive through them as his dominant program for the preservation of all human life wouldn't allow him to. His only option was to reverse. I'm sure he didn't scan the area behind him to know what he meant by I got an idea. That scene did make me wonder why Kitt didn't micro jam the lift after everyone left so he can move about freely but A. Maybe this was an example of his deductive reasoning where he thought he could at least hear what would happen to Michael from the mechanic or local law enforcement briefing the mechanic what to do with the car or B people wow wonder what a driverless car is doing driving around town looking for its owner. It was good for the plot to have the reporter from Airwolf bring Kitt down with that nice talk but even then why would Michael think he could do anything to arrest Ron Austin if the local police would just arrest him again.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:22 am

Tough question, indeed. Taking a look at this from a writer's POV, I've concluded that by having such an over powered character, it becomes way too difficult to write situations that can even be a challenge. Perhaps KARR can shed a little light on this situation. "I was too busy watching you deactivate The Rev." Which makes me think that KITT was far too observant of the portable jack and the people in front to also be scanning the hydraulic jack that was built into the floor. Because it becomes extremely difficult to remove Kitt from the plot for a few if Kitt simply deduces all traps present in that environment and determines an alternate route of escape.

...or my 'favorite scene' where KITT is dumped into that toxic waste by a fork lift and instead of scanning the environment, firing off the 'dart wench' into something nearby and just dragging himself free, he begs Michael to do anything until going under. Know what...Kitt is either too in tune with the environment...like knowing the robotic motorcycle rider is getting ready to go boom, or under aware and can't deduce some basic things. Blame it on that intensity knob for the sensor array, I guess? (Because we got to save the power on those battery packs that the turbine engine can't ever do a thing about to recharge. (Oh how the plot of KR and overgrown jungle vines seem to have things in common.))

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:46 am

Or how about the fact that Durant was at the wedding with a pistol and dumisguised with nothing more then a fake mustache in scent of roses. Kitt did have software that could show faces before reconstructive surgery like in ice bandits and in knight of the drones.

You would think Kitt would have used hisgrappling hook to save him in junk yard dog. I would have had him use micro jam to lower him from the fork lift and drive the lift into the pit.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:45 am

Huh, now that I look at it, the people who worked on KR were pretty clever, yet at the same time they seemed to not want to use all of KITT's important functions all the time. Think about it, if KITT could just microjam the forklift, then the whole episode wouldn't really have had anything left in it to make the audience want to know what happened to him, or find out how he would've escaped in a certain situation with or without Michael. It's just a TV show at the end of the day, and I guess we shouldn't really be judging everything that happens on it from a very realistic point of view, because after all, it's just TV.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:28 pm

I think we all know it was a TV show and not based in reality assisting but certain angles just never made sense at all. For instance in season one Trust Doesn't Rust, Michael arrives the the Tip Top Tent, and asks what happened here? Eight cops throw him to the ground and shove their guns in his face. Has that ever really happened when you asked a question to the police?

In in descent little town the hotel employee bring a police man to the hotel room where a customer hasn't responded to opening the door but the officer has his gun drawn before eentering the room. I would hate to have that happen to me If I wanted privacy, especially if I were with my girlfriend.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:32 pm

You know, let's not forget that the show was also geared towards a younger audience too, and people of all ages, of course. So it's safe to assume that no matter how ridiculous the show coud get at times (and it did lol) it was all for fun and to give us a show we could always smile about whenever we thought about a particular episode, a scene, or anything, really. So thanks you Glen Larson, though many of the episodes had questionable moments, it's still about a cool talking car that we all want in our life.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:44 am

I can still be far more forgiving of KR's many faults over some of the TKR faults. (Seriously? The bikes can't possibly make the destination in time and it's stated that way. But, Attack Beast gets in front of KRO for several seconds, gets shot and KRO has to drive around the damage scene...AND THAT buys the bikes enough time to make a detour, go up a flight of steps, rescue whomever, come back down, return to...) At times, that show demanded you turn your brain off to a state of comatose.