Why must knight rider be mentioned in every tv series I watch?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Why must knight rider be mentioned in every tv series I watch?

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:58 pm

I just recently started watching this show on adult swim called Rick and Morty. I thought they look an awful lot like Marty McFly and Doc Brown which is substantiated by the shows creators. Once you push past that the show is pretty funny. I'm watching an episode Season 2 episode 7 and Rick (the Doc lookalike) tries to make a point why was a show called Knight Rider called Knight Rider? The car's name was kitt. No one rode Michael Knight around. Made me think why must every show I or my sister watch have some reference to knight rider? Sabrina the Teenage witch had a reference to Team Knight Rider. the Principle was acting like a teenager after one of the aunt's gave him some potion to seem younger and more fun and said last night's homework will be on Team Knight Rider episode. Futurama had an episode where the evil werecar windshield wipers came from kitt. The wipers were evil. It just didn't come up much in the show. Even the simpsons had Knight Boat the Crime Solving boat and the video message to Homer when he was having his midlife crisis and kitt was talking to him directly. The Simpsons had about 2 other references to knight rider I think. There is also Robot chicken Knight Rider references.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Why must knight rider be mentioned in every tv series I watch?

Post by Assasinge » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:22 pm

You know, I've always wondered that too. I'm sure Glen had a reason for it...somewhere, of course. Referring to Robot Chicken, didn't they poke fun at KR 08 in one of their videos? Where some guy has a dream?

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:51 pm

I'd say it's because the children of the 80's are the ones writing for TV now and they're paying homage to things they loved in the past, cool stuff or things they'd list as an influence. KR, being a cultural touchstone of the 80's can easily fall in the any one of those categories.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:10 pm

knight rider clip in the big bang theory i seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrvi4AFa7A&t=0m53s

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:02 am

Knight Rider '08 was briefly brought up in Robot Chicken. If I remember right, it was even a slight debate skit between the original vs the new.

Won't you be really surprised when you catch the Ted franchise, Knight Racer...that's all I need to say with that one.

Well...this smuggled clip says a lot more. https://youtu.be/Tq35f4yxIN4 Plus, it doesn't fully spoil the whole scene that really is worth seeing.