SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2017. 35th Anniversary Celebration!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2017. 35th Anniversary Celebration!

Post by kitt1 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Need I say more? Keep your scanners peeled.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2017. 35th Anniversary Celebrat

Post by Assasinge » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Oh yes, where is this? In Atlanta? Like down from New Jersey?

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2017. 35th Anniversary Celebrat

Post by kitt1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Assasinge,
Yes, the Atlanta, Georgia area.Check the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com to see info from our latest show this past August 5th & 6th. Also, join the Facebook group SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA to see photos from that event. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1033889 ... 1/?fref=nf We had several folks come from New Jersey and New York.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA
Assasinge wrote:Oh yes, where is this? In Atlanta? Like down from New Jersey?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2017. 35th Anniversary Celebration!

Post by Assasinge » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 pm

The website isn't working for me. Is this in the summer next year?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 am

Try again Assasigne - there was a typo in the URL that I fixed

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks Neps, it works for me now. I am super excited to go to Georgia now!

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 am

So for the membership, this is next year of August, right? Do I have to purchase the tickets before May 31st of next year before the prices go up? Or can I purchase them next summer? A little confused.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:47 am

First, Thanks to Neps for fixing my typo. Assasinge, Exact dates will be set right after the first of the year. That's the policy of the hotel. However, I'm shooting for middle to end of July. Also, some of the celebrity guests will have their schedules set about that time.

As for the memberships, I will also make an announcement that membership payments will be taken. There will be one price if you pay before May 31st and the price will go up after May 31st. This is an incentive to get your payment in early. The money is needed as quickly as possible to pay for the hotel facilities, celebrity hotel rooms, celebrity airfares, and many other things that MUST be paid before the event.

Also, if you plan to attend, I strongly suggest you book your hotel room as soon as I announce that they are available to be reserved. The hotel only sets aside so many rooms for us at a discount rate, and they go quickly.

As stated above, the best way to stay informed is to join the Facebook group and watch the website. And, as always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA
Assasinge wrote:So for the membership, this is next year of August, right? Do I have to purchase the tickets before May 31st of next year before the prices go up? Or can I purchase them next summer? A little confused.

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:21 am

Come see a replica of the semi

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Oh boy, I just did a lot of swimming through the SKA facebook page. Looked like a really nice event last month. It's quite a trek from the Pacific North West though....

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:19 pm

Mechanicjay,
We had people come all the way from Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Peru, and Puerto Rico. Compared to that the Pacific North West is just a hop, skip and a jump to Atlanta. LOL

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA
Mechanicjay wrote:Oh boy, I just did a lot of swimming through the SKA facebook page. Looked like a really nice event last month. It's quite a trek from the Pacific North West though....

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:51 pm

As another Pacific Northwest resident, I really wanted to be there this year (and years past too) but for me, it came down to the cost of travel. I'm hoping our finances will be in a spot next year to allow me (and hopefully my wife and son) to attend. I keep hoping that someone will bring a replica to Emerald City Comic Con one of these years though, given that it's now the third largest Comic Con in the U.S. and it would be a perfect way to spark interest in Knight Rider from younger fans who may be unfamiliar with it.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:22 pm

KFCreator,
Hope you can make it. It's really a great weekend.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA
KFCreator wrote:As another Pacific Northwest resident, I really wanted to be there this year (and years past too) but for me, it came down to the cost of travel. I'm hoping our finances will be in a spot next year to allow me (and hopefully my wife and son) to attend. I keep hoping that someone will bring a replica to Emerald City Comic Con one of these years though, given that it's now the third largest Comic Con in the U.S. and it would be a perfect way to spark interest in Knight Rider from younger fans who may be unfamiliar with it.

kngt2k
Volunteer

Post by kngt2k » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Okay... for those of you who have never been to SKA or are skeptical, or whatever... let me chime in here and bring you up to speed on what goes on and what you will experience. Bear with me.

Of course, you buy your admission ticket. you might look on that cash outlay and say "wow... that's expensive." Well, you couldn't be more wrong. Your admission gets you access to everything. Let me repeat that. EVERYTHING. No "VIP" party, no car fees, no fees for autographs... the ONLY thing you are responsible for is your hotel room and your meals.

When you get to the hotel (everything happens in one place) if you get there Friday people are coming and if you hang around you will see people... if you're like me and have been to quite a few of these it's old friends you see once a year... at some point you may encounter the special guests as they arrive from the airport. the second year I attended when Catherine Hickland was one of the special guests she stood in the lobby and talked with those of us milling around and we all got hugs and she was genuinely glad to be there. Chances are good if he is on the roster you will encounter Michael Scheffe... most years Ron Martinez will be there and will happily regale you with tales of his years in television. usually by late afternoon most everyone is settled in and there is an opening night dinner at Olive Garden. the next morning (Saturday) there are usually displays of things for sale and from year to year there may be different memorabilia. I always bring the 3/4 season chemical analyzer from the stage dash and one of the Sessums models that was, to the best of my information, was the model tossed from the helicopter on a parachute and filmed for "Goliath Returns". then we have talks by the guests, which varies from guest to guest... in the pictures you will see the jam session with music writer for KR and legend Don Peake... Scheffe will show never before seen drawings and sketches and pictures of the creation of Hero Car #1... then we break for lunch and after the rest of the guest speakers, then its time for autographs, then it's out to the car corral to see all the cars, finished or in progress and we exchange information and talk and usually the guests join us for pictures and signatures. then it's a dinner to top off the day and some end up in the bar for fellowship, and if AJ Palmgren shows up, he will get out all the pictures he has collected of all the things he has tracked down. I guarantee if you listen to him you will be fascinated.

all of this and more is included. and the only complaint you will have is "it's over already???"

this is the best 2 days you will spend all year... and there is no "agenda" or politics or arguments... its fellowship and seeing things you only see on line. you meet up with old friends or make new ones with people who were only names on line before. and it a weekend of all KR... if you're building a car, the ideas are flowing and you will see what others are doing and you can talk with them about how... even if not, you can see cars, stars, and stuff... there is no better show in the US...plan to come next year. I guarantee you will NOT be sorry and it will be worth every penny