Honda NSX

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

flemmo
Rookie

Honda NSX

Post by flemmo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:18 pm

How about the new Honda NSX for the next KITT? Its even got the perfect space for the scanner!

aussie muscle
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Honda NSX

Post by aussie muscle » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:45 am

yes, that fits the bill of what i think of for KITT, futuristic, sleek and darn good looking.

spyhunter2k
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by spyhunter2k » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 am

Many folks had suggested the previous version of the NSX as an ideal KITT for a feature film. I like this new one as well.

One problem though with going with a more upscale car model that is ultra-low-slung is the cost of the stunts and especially turbo boosting. I'm of the firm belief that no future Knight Rider show or film will succeed without 100% real car jumping. One of the reasons I was captivated as a kid by both the Dukes and KR was seeing 3500 lbs of metal and plastic being launched through the air. KR2000 didn't have it, TKR didn't have it, KR2008 introduced CGI turbo boosting that was worse than not having it at all. Only the original had it.

I realize that you could create some jump cars with an NSX body to do the jumps, but even then with the thin low profile tires and low stance you would rip the body of whatever car (real or identically-shaped mockup) you use apart on each landing unless you had the landing angle just right.

blowersho
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by blowersho » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

spyhunter2k wrote:Many folks had suggested the previous version of the NSX as an ideal KITT for a feature film. I like this new one as well.

One problem though with going with a more upscale car model that is ultra-low-slung is the cost of the stunts and especially turbo boosting. I'm of the firm belief that no future Knight Rider show or film will succeed without 100% real car jumping. One of the reasons I was captivated as a kid by both the Dukes and KR was seeing 3500 lbs of metal and plastic being launched through the air. KR2000 didn't have it, TKR didn't have it, KR2008 introduced CGI turbo boosting that was worse than not having it at all. Only the original had it.

I realize that you could create some jump cars with an NSX body to do the jumps, but even then with the thin low profile tires and low stance you would rip the body of whatever car (real or identically-shaped mockup) you use apart on each landing unless you had the landing angle just right.
Turbo boosting will be next to impossible because all sporty/performance cars have huge rims with ultra low profile tires.