KITT AND LT. COMMANDER DATA

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KITT AND LT. COMMANDER DATA

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:39 pm

I was just wondering, with So many links between Knight Rider and Star Trek, wouldn't it be interesting if KITT and Lt. Commander Data were Related? Maybe Dr. Noonien Soong, Data, Lore, and B4's creator, may have learned from Bonnie Barstow, and that KITT is Their Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather-Just Wondering. :D :D :good: :good: :kittside: :kittconv: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: KITT AND LT. COMMANDER DATA

Post by jup » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 pm

That would be a long, hard link to establish. Not impossible, by any means. There would be a better tie in to say that The Foundation built the start up technology to what would eventually become the core processor for Federation ships. After all, there is a remote capacity to take missing details to help link that Kitt was actually based off a complex government project from the 1970's that was all about interactive AI's. (It popped up in some movie that I saw a long time ago. Couldn't pick a name if I tried.)

Now, taking a clue from Voyager that the 20'th century DID have computers that could properly run futuristic software without an issue, (The holographic doctor) it isn't beyond a reasonable doubt that The Foundation managed to have a trace of itself survive that dark era when so much of Humanity died and the Vulcans came for a visit after the first test of Warp technology. Why, even Star Trek TOS's computer had an interactive AI. They really subdued it. However, on occasion, it did far more then just spit out facts and mention how busy it was. The stumbling point to this theory lays in 'Enterprise'. It's not a total blockade. Be so easy to construct a surprise discovery for the pre-Foundation to stumble across a well protected bunch of Foundation hardware that had this highly advanced algorithm software that understood things from a vocal command point. So, it didn't make the Enterprise...but a sequel ship. From that point, it's a rather provable fact that The Federation was in love with improving and refining the technologies they already had over true innovation. Many new technologies tended to come from innovative thinkers that had their own agendas. Like Noonian Soone and his father. His father spent a lifetime in jail, using pencil and paper to draw up plans for The Positronic Brain. Of course, that's the hardware. Who knows what software was created or recycled by Noonian on that remote planet that was wiped out by the Crystaline Entity. We also know that the TNG computers were powerful enough to generate fully conscious AI's, which the 20'th century tech could run.

So...have fun putting the puzzle together. The Cannon facts are there to make it feasible.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: KITT AND LT. COMMANDER DATA

Post by jup » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:29 pm

I am sorry. But, through further thinking on the subject, I have deduced that Kitt can not be the founder of the computers in Star Trek. And, here's why...

Early computers from the show Enterprise were created with their modern day technology. I am almost certain that the engineers whom made that ship were not given credit.

However, in TOS's Enterprise, one man stands out as the mastermind of that era's modern ship, Dr. Richard Daystrom. Evidence states that it is his work that creates so many of the devices that the ship relies up, probably including the AI that is subdued. A reasonable conclusion is that he managed to obtain the source code that, in this theory, was created by 20th century technology. Now, if the Foundation created Kitt's software or got use of it from an even earlier US government project for a Human equivalent AI is left up to the fiction writers. Credit is given when Dr. Richard Daystrom brings forth his latest (and possibly last) gadget, the M-5 unit. Evidence proves that M-5 has a fully functional AI, packed full with devices that create personal shields, can self tap power from localized sources and do who-knows-what else. However, the M-5 unit, having a merger with Daystrom's mind and most likely the ancient Foundation AI code, has a better match of personality with Karr. Same goes with Noonian's Lore. For Lore is self serving and twisted, much like how Karr would turn out after being active for quite a few months in isolation.

If memory serves, one thing about Kitt that is credited to Bonnie is his loyalty and devoted protection to not only life in general, but Michael in specific. Reasonably deduction states that the core software created both Kitt and Karr. Same could go for M-5, Lore and Data. (And Lore's prequel that appears in the final TNG movie.) Difference with Data is that after learning of Lore's ways, Data had to be given extra programming, much like Kitt did.

Also, since Noonian was on a totally different planet, reason sways to say that he was far more likely to acquire the source code that created the Federation's AI in their ships (or even built a whole AI from scratch) over acquiring some ancient, tiny black box from another planet.

Hence, I propose that Kitt can not have existed in the time of the Federation. Perhaps, his CPU may have survived off-line and never been found. But, my reasoning concludes that while Kitt was like a brother in this AI family chain, the software that the Federation used was more likely from the source code that gave birth to Kitt and Karr.

Anyone got evidence to reason out another conclusion? Please offer discussion.