Kitts scanner on the mustang

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Kitts scanner on the mustang

Post by Kitt_24 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:23 pm

I know a lot of you are not a kitt mustang fan but i seen this youtube video of someones kitt replica. I like the way they did the scanner on the mustang looks better than the 2 scanners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hGx_opKx0

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Kitts scanner on the mustang

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:22 am

I can do the same with my scanner, but then it wouldn't be the correct KITT. I don't understand all the hate on the Mustang KITT. People just need to learn to live with it.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am

krkitt1 wrote:I can do the same with my scanner, but then it wouldn't be the correct KITT. I don't understand all the hate on the Mustang KITT. People just need to learn to live with it.
I'm saving up to get a mustang and i will do it the right way. Yeah same here i don't know why they hate it to. If they ever make a new movie/tv show what ever car they use i will like it just keep the car black.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:48 am

I like the single scanner setting in that video more than the dual scanners.

I can't speak for everyone as to why they dislike the mustang but when I first heard the car they were going to use for the show I immediately felt why not use a scion its just as boxy looking and furthest away from the sleek look kitt had in in the 80's. I know they were trying to go a different way or perhaps they were very limited as Ford was the company providing the vehicles for the movie/show. I know they wanted a chance to have an hour long commercial for Ford. They didn't allow the series to modify the interior much besides for the lower console, the orb/plate but if they would have merged the pilot movie and the series look, the interior would have looked far better as a knight industries class vehicle. I've seen a picture online of look would have turned out if they merged the screen display, lower dash, orb, and moma gullwing steering wheel.

It was far more interesting then a screen display and an orb for a supercomputer on wheels

I also felt as soon as I saw how low that front lower bumper was, 1 turbo boost and that bumper and entire front end is history, It wasn't as believable for me. As far as attack mode, that looked like the front of an old train grill. 1 speed bump and that front grill is gone.

The black leather interior with the super snake logo was a bit much with the black leather and red was too showy. I would have liked the tan fabric interior. It would have made kitt look a bit more like an ordinary car with a touch of luxury.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:43 pm

I like the single scan better to and that dash in the picture it has today's technology touch screen/windsield. I know all episodes was a big ford commercial but if it was not for ford there would of not been a new knight rider show. Yeah the mustang is boxy and the camaro is boxy to. If chevy comes outs with a new knight rider show and make it one big chevy commercial i will still watch it.

aussie muscle
Recruit

Post by aussie muscle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:21 pm

The firebird was a futuristic design, sleek and different. The mustang is a retro design, blue collar and brutish. Ford could have allowed the use of the Ford GT, which would have been a better fit and actually looks like a fast car. I'll bet the show didn't help sell any more mustangs.

Changing the scanning pattern doesn't change my overall dislike for the Mustang.

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53 pm

aussie muscle wrote:The firebird was a futuristic design, sleek and different. The mustang is a retro design, blue collar and brutish. Ford could have allowed the use of the Ford GT, which would have been a better fit and actually looks like a fast car. I'll bet the show didn't help sell any more mustangs.

Changing the scanning pattern doesn't change my overall dislike for the Mustang.
Well i like the mustang and i like it as kitt and that's all that matters to me.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 am

Kitt_24 wrote:
Well i like the mustang and i like it as kitt and that's all that matters to me.

I agree! I don't care what others think of my car, I didn't buy it and turn it into KITT to please others.