The amazing story of Pontiac and Knight Rider

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

David
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The amazing story of Pontiac and Knight Rider

Post by David » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before, but today I stumbled upon one of the best articles I've ever read on how the Pontiac / Knight Rider hook-up actually happened back when Glen A Larson (RIP) created the series.

If you have a serious Pilot / Pilot car fetish like myself, you have GOT to read this! Some of the pictures alone left my jaw on the floor...

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/140 ... fidential/

http://www.hotrod.com/features/history/ ... -am-part-2

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Re: The amazing story of Pontiac and Knight Rider

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 pm

The story with pics is in the April/May issue of HIgh performance Pontiac Magazine 8) :good:

IMO,Joe Huth/AJ did a great job sharing the story :good:

Was lucky to score a few copies from Barnes and noble !!

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:05 am

Fantastic story! It never ceases to amaze me how many things went on behind the scenes & clicked together perfectly to make Knight Rider a hit show :) The '82 Trans-Am was The Perfect choice for KITT and glad it happened that way even that one boss at Pontiac didn't approve it at first.

I can't imagine what I'd think about the 1982-1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am today if there was no Knight Rider. Sure the Trans-Am looks very cool even as itself but I don't think I'd know much about it if KITT didn't make it famous as the Trans-Am was very expensive car here in Finland and thus it's very rare.

Very interesting to see those early versions of the front nose and the dash mockup!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:14 pm

KITTfan wrote:Fantastic story! It never ceases to amaze me how many things went on behind the scenes & clicked together perfectly to make Knight Rider a hit show :) The '82 Trans-Am was The Perfect choice for KITT and glad it happened that way even that one boss at Pontiac didn't approve it at first.

I can't imagine what I'd think about the 1982-1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am today if there was no Knight Rider. Sure the Trans-Am looks very cool even as itself but I don't think I'd know much about it if KITT didn't make it famous as the Trans-Am was very expensive car here in Finland and thus it's very rare.

Very interesting to see those early versions of the front nose and the dash mockup!

I Know that's right.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Pontiac and Knight Rider-A Match made in Heaven. Two Iconic legacies coming together. When I think about KR:TOS I can't think of another or better Vehicle to have as KITT and KARR as the Pontiac Firebird. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: