KITT AND DATA

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KITT AND DATA

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:20 pm

I was wondering about Something. One night, after sitting through Episodes of Both Knight Rider and Star Trek:The Next Generation I thought-What is KITT(in fact, what if KITT, KARR, and All the KR Vehicles) were in Some Way the Ancestors of Lt. Commander Data? It is Possible that KITT's CPU and other Components may have Influenced Dr. Noonien Soong to Create Data(and Maybe KARR helped Create Lore). So that would Make Bonnie Data's Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandmother. I was just wondering that-What do you think? :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: KITT AND DATA

Post by jup » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:35 pm

We get into a lot of strange territory, here. (And, it's mostly Voyager's fault. ;P ) Seems that the core of Federation technology IS a progressive build of 20'th century computers. This is primarily learned when a 20'th century Earth genius not only nabs the whole Voyager database, but successfully runs the very complex holomatrix of The Doctor on 20'th century CPU's.

Right there is a point of linkage to work with your idea upon. With a little word smithing, this genius could have a past history with the Foundation and built the most advanced 20'th century technology with it. Say, this technology moves on and survives that whole downfall of Man event that led to the Vulcan's coming to Earth deal. After all, there's way too much evidence that the Federation is kind of lacking in super creative geniuses for some odd reason. So, it would really fit the Federation's style of operation to take existing computer tech from the past and just super boost it to the next few levels. And, there's repeated evidence all throughout the multiple series that the computers in use could easily have personalities. It's just that such a personality was preferably arrested down to submissive levels. At least, outside of Holodeck use. (Trust me. It takes a creative mind to make a holodeck work like it does...with interactive characters that truly react for conversation.)

What they originally were going for was that Data was a one-of-a-kind being. Problem is, even TNG really trashed that whole skit when Geordi said one bad thing in the computer's play den. "Create a character that can out think Data." (When he meant to say Sherlock Holmes.) Which led to "Sir. There was a momentary power fluctuation. It's gone, now." Thus, that highly intelligent computer that, in theory, was only improved upon by potential Foundation construction, was permitted to pop the cork on the Gennie bottle and created a kind of Macintosh emulation on a Windows OS. (Because, I've come to see Data as the Mac of the Federation Universe.) Be damned about Positronic Brains and such. He was just different hardware, built by Noonian's father from pencil and paper formulas, past that point. From those words, we got a whole slew of thinking, feeling characters that merely had to fight for the right to be equals to their creators. And, it really wasn't too much of a step from giving them physical bodies to walk about in real space, neither. About the last boundary was that the Positronic Brain was compact enough to handle it all and the IBM style Federation computers were just a bit too bulky. Quite honestly, that could have been fixed in no time...except that the Federation was rather lacking in highly creative thinkers. Let's face it. Have somebody build put together parts in a replicator and assemble with a BluTooth link. Hey! Look at that! Your super intelligent AI is now walking about and doing stuff, just like Data! Big jump there, guys...

Anyhow, there's plenty of cannon material in place to support your linkage with. After all, I bet even Noonian worked with Federation equipment to do his father's experimentation with.